Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 20s 

Post 20s
Hello, well I just thought I would make myself known. I'm 24 and have had what seems to be prostatitis for around 6 months now, unfortunately it doesn't seem to go away. I felt very ill when I first got it, smelly urine and narrow urine flow, difficulty starting, frequent visits...Since then I've been on many antibiotics, none of them have worked including ciprofloxacin which i recently took for 4 weeks. PSA test was normal apparently, as was urine tests of which there have been many. Recently saw a urologist who gave me a renal ultrasound of kidneys, prostate and bladder...all fine apparently and now I'm going for a cystoscopy next month (can't wait). Anyway, I have great sympathy for you all.

Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:40 pm

Post Re: 20s
Hi Scotty,i am sorry to hear about all you pain and discomfort you are having as well as your frustration with this debilataing prostatitis.I had my share of what you are going through,the frequency,slow stream,always feeling you have to go and never feeling complete as well as i have had burning and pain at the tip of the penis.
I am still have much of the symptoms 4 years later and when my urologist does the urine,bladder scan and the overall exam of the prostate everything is negative.He at one point like yours just had you do a ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder and all came back negative.At one point i was on cipro and diflucin for 6 months before having to go into the hospital to get iv antibiotics because the oral medicine was not able to knock out the infrection and believe me that although the infection was finally killed the sides effects of having iv treatments for 2 weeks left me very weak and nausea for weeks after as i fely liike i was on chemo which i was told yes this is stong antibiotics and with very bad side effects but we have to try and get this out of your body.
I am glad all you teste came back negative and i'm sure that your cystoscopy will do the same as you are having a very bad bout of the prostatitis.One word of advise please do not let your doctor have you believe you have a greatly enlarged prostate as you are only 24 and that is i'm sure very far removed and don't let me put you on a medicine called proscar which is supposedly to shrink the prostate which is not the case either.
You might want to drink plenty of water to keep your bladder,kidneys and prosate clean of any bacteria if you do have any as well as cranberry juice.You might try aletrnation between heat and ice to help with the pain and inflamation and you might want to take zinc supplements.
Yes as far as your psa at 24 i had no doubt that is was going to be fine as well.

I hope you start feeling better and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

BytheBay

Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]