View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Prostatitis Recovery Rate 

Post Prostatitis Recovery Rate
Hey guys,
What do you think the actual recovery rate from this disease is? Considering almost 10% of men get some form of prostatitis, that would number in the millions of cases each year. We all have read some pretty terrible stories of men who have suffered for years but this would be an extreme case considering the number of cases no? Men who are successfully treated and do not have recurrence will not visit these forums and move on with their lives, this must be a significant number. Just like a tech forum, we are reading the stories of the most problematic cases. Not to make light of this disease, it truly is debilitating and stressful but I have to think the majority recover to their old selves just based on the numbers. Thoughts?

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Post Re: Prostatitis Recovery Rate
You have a good point. But there are lots of other forums, and a large number of men most likely do not go to these forums. I think what you're saying is important though. It probably is the case that a significant percentage of cases aren't as problematic as the ones that can be read about in the forums. However, I also think the statistics regarding it are skewed by miscategorization and inadvertent pooling of data with similar conditions (part of incorrect diagnosis and attempts at reducing confusion). What would the data look like if it were collected over a year every two months I wonder? Would it vary in some parallel with time and place, even weather/climate? Would the number of NB cases be more or less than bact cases at different times of the year? and would that simply be a factor of "chance", or actually have some basis in time and place?

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 am

Most do. The real experts I've talked to indicate that it almost always improves over time but it can be an extremely slow process. It took me almost three years but I'm almost pain free now. I never thought I'd experience pain free days again, but I do now very consistently. The cases that do not improve are ones where I suspect there's an underlying issue that is not addressed - like if it's CPPS due to tress and tension and the root cause of the stress is not resolved then I doubt there would be much improvement.

Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:44 pm

I was diagnosed with bacterial prostatitis back in May 2016. I responded well with Bactrim but did not eliminate my symptoms completely. I had a relapse in Oct 2016, again Bactrim resolved 70% of my symptoms. My condition remarkably improved when my Uro prescribed me with fluconazole for two months in May of 2017 and followed a strict candida diet. For the past 10 months now I've been enjoying a 98% symptom free from CP. My last visit w\ my Uro was 4 weeks ago and my prostate inflammation is all gone. my EPS is now clean and my PSA is low at 1.1, I still continue to follow a diet free from sugar, dairy, hydrogenated fats, caffeine, alcohol and spicy foods. I tired to shy away from stress, maintain a healthy lifestyle and taking supplements like Reishi mushroom, Ashwagandha and flower pollen.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]