Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Ask the Doctors 

Post Ask the Doctors
The Prostatitis Foundation is in contact with prostatitis physicians and researchers all over the world. In the last few weeks several have said they would come on board as guests to answer questions about prostatitis when the board gets busy. In fact, although these people have not been asked yet, I will approach them all to be participants when the board takes off. Essentially we will invite everyone who has attended a conference, has published on prostatitis, or runs a clinic for prostatitis. In the meantime, the papers by many of these researchers can be found at:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/gquery.
Of course we not get them all to participate here, many will be too busy, but we will always seek to publicize their research on prostatitis here nonetheless.

Anthony J Schaeffer, M.D.
Northwestern University

Daniel Shoskes, M.D.
Cleveland Clinic

J. Curtis Nickel, M.D.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada

J N. Krieger, M.D.
University of Washington

Kurt G Naber, M.D.

Wolfgang Weidner, M.D.

Mark S. Anderson
Lawrence Fong

Rodney Anderson, M.D.

Richard Berger, M.D.

Mary McNaughton-Collins, M.D.

Michel A. Pontari, M.D.

Chen Xie
Hsiao Chang Chan

Nicholas A. Daniels, M.D.

I'm going to stop there as there are 107 physicians and researchers in our list. We we contact all of them that we can when the board gets busy. As a bonus, here is a free full text article by the last physician listed:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2576075/pdf/jnma00204-0043.pdf

Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:31 pm

Post Re: Ask the Doctors
Doctors:
I'm a little confused by the (often contradictory) information out there, regarding prostatitis.

I'm 45, and recently was diagnosed with acute prostatitis. My symptoms are mainly excessive urination (or the feeling I need to urinate), and some burning at the tip of the penis (sometimes I feel the burning along the urethra as well, but not normally). I experience some pelvic pain/pressure, especially around the left testicle), and some cases, some lower back spasms.

No infection has been found, and as a result, my urologist said to take sitz baths, take a herbal supplement and cut out certain foods (like coffee, tea, chocolate and spicy foods).

I also have been seeing a holistic doctor, who has been prescribing various tinctures and homeopathic remedies but to not much success.
Then I went to see an acuputurist and he is currently helping me with some chinese herbal medicines as well. It is too early to tell, but I have already had 4-5 acupucture sessions.

I have tried to read as much on the internet as possible to educate myself, and I came across this site, and also learned about the Center in Arizona.
My holistic doctor mentioned prostate drainage and massage, however, I don't know much about this technique, and besides, I'm not sure I can get to Arizona. (Are there doctors in New Jersey/New York City that uses this technique?)

Now, I am reading about a pelvic floor issue ~ where the pelvic muscles are causing these symptoms ( I recently came across an article about a book called the 'Headache in the Pelvis', which I think explains this technique).
How do I go about trying to find the right treatment for my symptoms when there is so much going on out there?

Can you guide me in the right direction?

Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]