Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88 wrote:
If you can explain to me how a woman can have virtually all the same symptoms without having a prostate, let alone an infected one, I'd be interested.

Doesn't that rule out that EVERYONE has an infection?

David,
You are doing it again. So I will remind you once again of what you admitted earlier. You can't prove your theory, so why ask others to prove theirs?

Its been said before but I'll repeat it, the point is to get better, not argue about who is right or wrong. So once more, if you really want to help people, why not try and respect the opinions of other people?

This is a good thread. It's your platform to answer questions about what you say helped you. The people who come here can read it if they desire to do so. The fact you have decided to post this in every thread created by anyone who joins this community only dilutes your message. It's like having spam in your email. The more you see the same thing, the more you ignore it. If you have no agenda other than helping people find a cure, you do not want to be viewed as spam.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 pm

Madcap wrote:
David88 wrote:
If you can explain to me how a woman can have virtually all the same symptoms without having a prostate, let alone an infected one, I'd be interested.

Doesn't that rule out that EVERYONE has an infection?

David,
You are doing it again. So I will remind you once again of what you admitted earlier. You can't prove your theory, so why ask others to prove theirs?

Its been said before but I'll repeat it, the point is to get better, not argue about who is right or wrong. So once more, if you really want to help people, why not try and respect the opinions of other people?

This is a good thread. It's your platform to answer questions about what you say helped you. The people who come here can read it if they desire to do so. The fact you have decided to post this in every thread created by anyone who joins this community only dilutes your message. It's like having spam in your email. The more you see the same thing, the more you ignore it. If you have no agenda other than helping people find a cure, you do not want to be viewed as spam.

I think you need to look up the difference between 'prove' and 'explain'.

I find you quite hypocritical but I'm not here to get involved in personal squabbles. I'm here to discuss the condition intelligently using information I've worked hard to understand.

For this reason, please forgive me if I don't respond to you again.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:43 am

Hi David,

I like you have probably identified my problem to Pelvic floor dysfunction. I have been going to physio (Internal Treatment of pelvic floor) and had quite a bit of success with it. Recently however I have had another flare up where my pelvic floor just seems to keep tightening up. I am interested in your treatment. Who was your chiropractor? Can you recommend anyone? I live in the Uk.
Scotland.

Thanks

Steve

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 am

David88, what you are stating really does make a lot of things clear to me, prior to my prostatis, i have had a back injury that has never been fully cured (despite MRI scans stating everything is ok). i am a gym goer, and have been going despite having my back injury which has never been cured. after struggling with this dreaded problem for over 2 years and realising that i have a non bacterial form of it (antibiotics not resolving it), everything you have stated makes a LOT of sense. what you are saying, is something that if i listen to my body, it is what it is telling me (if that makes any sense). i am based in the west midlands, UK, would you be kind enough to message me your mobile number and i could speak to you directly? i know you have covered a lot on this thread, but i would really like to speak to you. may god bless u and all my brothers suffering from this problem.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:04 am

Steve wrote:
Hi David,

I like you have probably identified my problem to Pelvic floor dysfunction. I have been going to physio (Internal Treatment of pelvic floor) and had quite a bit of success with it. Recently however I have had another flare up where my pelvic floor just seems to keep tightening up. I am interested in your treatment. Who was your chiropractor? Can you recommend anyone? I live in the Uk.
Scotland.

Thanks

Steve

I'm in London so can't recommend anyone I'm afraid.

You could go to a Classical Osteopath to take a look at your pelvis. I'd recommend going to a Chiropractor too. There is a part of this which requires you to learn it for yourself unfortunately.

Look up videos on YouTube about Sacro-Iliac joint adjustments by Chiros and Osteopaths.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:24 pm
Site Admin

Just a note from your friendly Admin. This is a board for men suffering with a problem that has, so far, been under researched. I will no longer approve remarks made with an 'attitude' toward other posters. This board is here to help others and try to get our individual problems aired out for advice and commonality. If we post what works for us, maybe someone else can learn from it. What works for YOU may not work for SOMEONE ELSE. That is Life. Your mileage may vary. Thank you.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:53 pm

ksg84 wrote:
David88, what you are stating really does make a lot of things clear to me, prior to my prostatis, i have had a back injury that has never been fully cured (despite MRI scans stating everything is ok). i am a gym goer, and have been going despite having my back injury which has never been cured. after struggling with this dreaded problem for over 2 years and realising that i have a non bacterial form of it (antibiotics not resolving it), everything you have stated makes a LOT of sense. what you are saying, is something that if i listen to my body, it is what it is telling me (if that makes any sense). i am based in the west midlands, UK, would you be kind enough to message me your mobile number and i could speak to you directly? i know you have covered a lot on this thread, but i would really like to speak to you. may god bless u and all my brothers suffering from this problem.

Very interesting what you said about listening to your body. I really had no idea my pelvis was twisted until I was told. As soon as they showed me it all made sense.

An Osteopath explained the pelvic muscle tension that occurs when the SI Joint is out. It makes total sense. If you 'dislocated' any other joint in your body, the muscles would tense up to restrict it's movement.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:22 pm

Holy Moly Guys !! hahaha
Lot's of fun here.
I can certainly relate to spinal adjustments for our problem.
It sure is all in that same area that they adjust you in.
Now off to the Chiroman.
I know one thing, I had burning and pain in my pelvis (as I still do from time to time)
and I went to see if I had a UTI, and it came back neg.
Is not a UTI a bacterial problem ??
So, we could have bacterial or not.........
PEACE AND LIGHT BROTHERS !!
Look for the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 7:27 pm

I certainly want to check my spinal alignment with a chiro. But I'm still in school, so too cheap to do that.....

Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:00 pm

There is not one cause or solution for this dreadful affliction. Stress, muscular problems, bacterial infections are just few of the possible causes. Personally I have found great success supplementing with magnesium glycinate. I had a long list of prostatitis symptoms for 5/6 years, which developed out of the blue and not after a sexual encounter. I never felt ill, never had a uti, or showed any other symptom of infection. I was however under a lot of stress for a very long time, and believe this contributed to it significantly in my case. We should explore all possible avenues.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:31 pm

I have recently started foam rolling, to see if this can bring along any additional benefits.

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:34 pm

identity says : There is not one cause or solution for this dreadful affliction. Stress, muscular problems, bacterial infections are just few of the possible causes. Personally I have found great success supplementing with magnesium glycinate. I had a long list of prostatitis symptoms for 5/6 years, which developed out of the blue and not after a sexual encounter. I never felt ill, never had a uti, or showed any other symptom of infection. I was however under a lot of stress for a very long time, and believe this contributed to it significantly in my case. We should explore all possible avenues.

Identity,
I tried the Magnesium Gly for 3 months and thought it may have been helping but it did not. I am still taking it a month longer since I understand it is beneficial to 400 other components in the body. So as they say on these sites " what may work for another, may not work for all". But glad to hear your having some success.
I know magnesium is a form of muscle relaxer too.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:44 pm

parrotnotes wrote:
identity says : There is not one cause or solution for this dreadful affliction. Stress, muscular problems, bacterial infections are just few of the possible causes. Personally I have found great success supplementing with magnesium glycinate. I had a long list of prostatitis symptoms for 5/6 years, which developed out of the blue and not after a sexual encounter. I never felt ill, never had a uti, or showed any other symptom of infection. I was however under a lot of stress for a very long time, and believe this contributed to it significantly in my case. We should explore all possible avenues.

Identity,
I tried the Magnesium Gly for 3 months and thought it may have been helping but it did not. I am still taking it a month longer since I understand it is beneficial to 400 other components in the body. So as they say on these sites " what may work for another, may not work for all". But glad to hear your having some success.
I know magnesium is a form of muscle relaxer too.

Nice to hear from you parrotnotes. This condition is very complex indeed. Magnesium glycinate is a wonder supplement for me, but maybe it is due to me lacking in the mineral. We have to keep on trying new things until something works for us, that is why it is important we don't put our focus on one solution. I have read stories of people who had their prostate removed, being completely cured. I have also read stories of people who have had their prostates removed and had no improvement at all. I wish you the best in your journey and hope you find your cure one day soon.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Would love to hear if anyone's been for a check up yet?

I'm going to be around for about another month to help with any more questions.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:28 am

David,

Do you still have to go for regular checkups for spine, hip. Or are you completely better?

Thanks
Steve

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Steve wrote:
David,

Do you still have to go for regular checkups for spine, hip. Or are you completely better?

Thanks
Steve

I go back every couple of months for a check up.

I only got straight a few months ago and had been out of alignment since I was 13...22 years ago!

Muscle imbalances can kick things back out of alignment so you need to follow a physiotherapy program once you are straight to 'lock' yourself into a new posture/alignment.

Having learn't so much about spines and the impact on your health I'm going to keep an eye on mine from here on in.

I can't guarentee everyone will have perfect backs after treatment but the pelvic pain and bladder problems should all go.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:51 pm

my husband does suffer dearly from non bacterial prostatitis...Thus being said injections & such most likely won't help him.. We are going to try the osteopath. It can't hurt, it's non invasive..

David why are you only around for another month, or did I read that incorrectly. ?

I will keep you posted on our progress.

Thank you for your suggestion. If it helps just one person, then all this was worth it.. Even the negativity you have had to endure..

Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:13 pm

Dont rule out bacterial prostatitis . If you do you may waste alot of time and money and suffering like many of us have. Peace And Light!

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:03 pm

clarkiesgirl wrote:
my husband does suffer dearly from non bacterial prostatitis...Thus being said injections & such most likely won't help him.. We are going to try the osteopath. It can't hurt, it's non invasive..

David why are you only around for another month, or did I read that incorrectly. ?

I will keep you posted on our progress.

Thank you for your suggestion. If it helps just one person, then all this was worth it.. Even the negativity you have had to endure..

Make sure it's a 'Classical Osteopath'. There are different types but the classical osteopath's are old school and believe in getting the spine straight whereas the new breed sometime don't do much more than some massage. Crazy!

Also I'd get 2-3 opinions before you start treatment. Like any job, only a small percentage of people are really good. The personality is sometimes more important than what they've learn't. You need someone creative, thorough, determined, kind, careful, etc.

I've come back here to try to pass on what I know. I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I've endured.

I'm also angry at all the medical staff because I honestly don't think the problem is that difficult once you understand the human anatomy. It's willfull ignorance and laziness on their part. If you have the information it's an A-B-C problem.

I want to get the ball rolling and see if there's a few people who, like me, have a twisted pelvis. At that point I'm hoping the theory will pass from word of mouth and through this thread.

I've spent the last 7 years researching my own illness and at some point I'll have to let it go and move on. Hence another month on this forum.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:27 pm

identity wrote:
There is not one cause or solution for this dreadful affliction. Stress, muscular problems, bacterial infections are just few of the possible causes. Personally I have found great success supplementing with magnesium glycinate. I had a long list of prostatitis symptoms for 5/6 years, which developed out of the blue and not after a sexual encounter. I never felt ill, never had a uti, or showed any other symptom of infection. I was however under a lot of stress for a very long time, and believe this contributed to it significantly in my case. We should explore all possible avenues.

Stress can trigger it and keep it alive. I do think that for it to be long lasting, there will often be some bio-mechanical flaw in the pelvis.

Having Prostatitis makes you stressed which is why I think it's dangerous to tell a patient it's also the cause. If you are in pain, can't sleep and have sexual dysfunction you are going to be stressed.

What could then follow is someone spending 5 years or more constantly shutting down 'stressful' area's of their life hoping for relief when there was a physical, treatable problem.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:15 pm

I have to tell you David88 I enjoy reading your posts. You present yourself In a very objective manner.

I'm nine months into this miserable ailment. I experienced this for the first time five years ago and like many others it simply went away one day. Now it's back! I'm currently working through the process of elimination (taking a systematic approach) while trying to stay sane. :?

I understand how one needs to move forward for ones best interest. However, I selfishly hope you reconsider not leaving in a month. :D If your unable to stay I thank you for what you have brought to the forum and wish you the best.

Best Regards,

Richard1969 from Michigan

Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:41 pm

Thanks Richard

I would urge everyone to get a check up now.

If the pelvis is twisted then I can help during the early stages.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:14 pm

Questions for Osteopath

1. Are you classically trained?
2. Do you know the pudendal nerve?
3. Is my pelvis twisted?
4. Is my total spine twisted?
5. Are there problems in either of my Sacro-Iliac Joints
6. Can you fix it? How long do you think it would take?
7. Is one leg appearing to be longer than the other?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi David,

Went to see osteopath today - Not classically trained - there don't seem to be any of those up here. The osteo checked my hips and back and thought they looked fine. No twisting. Said my right leg was very slightly shorter than my left . (Millimeteres) I was disappointed! Was thinking it would be just as easy to see the guys you saw in London. Its only 4 hours on the train. What do you think?

Cheers
Steve

Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:04 pm

David88 can you private message me or email me at xxventanaxx@comcast.net please I would like to possibly Skype you or call you and ask some questions please

Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next