Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
parrotnotes wrote:
I know for a fact that stress most certainly contributes to Prostatitis 1st hand.
After I went through my dad having 2 massive stokes then my son going to jail at 15
my pain started in my pelvic area. Golf ball pain in my rectum etc.
Xanex helped me for a while till I did not need it anymore and my pain went away for
13 yrs. Till I lost my wife to cancer and it flared up again (also with age I'm 61 now).
So STRESS does play a role.
My friend who was on a plane back from Nam in 69 had the same pain as well.
I wonder why ?

Stress does play a part, but i believe the conditions for chronic muscle tension must be there if its to roll on for years and years.

Muscles are there to move bones and hold the skeleton together. If the muscles are in 'guarding' mode, that means there are trying to protect a joint. For example if you damaged your shoulder joint, you'd expect the surrounding muscles to get tighter as a protective reflex.

My theory on the sacrosanct-iliac joints is the same. A mis-alignment here and a resulting twisted pelvis gives you the breeding ground for prostatitis.

Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Dave, are you getting better by doing the spine re-alignment? Let us know how effect it is.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:54 am

Hi,

I'm a 100% better.

As my pelvis was straightened, the muscles inside relaxed and the Pudendal nerve was released. This calmed down my bladder neck which in turn stopped irritating my prostate.

I'm not saying its the cause in everyone, but it would be very wise to get checked out.

Especially if you have a history of one sided knee problems, lower back pain, anxiety, etc.

Last edited by David88 on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:08 am

Personally I would want to get this checked before letting someone do an injection into my prostate.

It only takes a 30 minute appointment to check. What's the harm?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:28 am

I became very attached to whatever I thought might be the cause of my problem. At first it was bacterial, then I thought stress, diet, trigger points, etc.

I was afraid. With no medical help, I knew I would have to probably work it out myself or my life would be ruined. This terrified me.

I would then pursue one treatment at a time. I would then take some comfort from thinking that I had some control over the problem. It contained my worry.

In retrospect this was a mistake. I should have explored all avenues simultaneously and kept a written log to chart my progress.

This is the advice I am trying to give you.

If fear is guiding your decisions, let it go and think logically.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:39 am

Dave,
Thanks for your thorough response. Sorry it took awhile to get back to you. I am currently trying to book an appointment with an osteopath near Philly. I do believe there is a lot of truth to your bio mechanical theory. As stretching and my inversion table significantly relieve discomfort/tension however I'm not at 100 percent recovered. I did do physical therapy without much success ( your correct in they only tend to focus on muscles not bones). I'm hoping an osteopath will be more thorough in connective tissue and bone manipulation. I also like their mind/body principles. I will keep you posted.
Rob

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:23 pm

Good luck Rob,

It's worth seeing a few to make sure you find a good one.

A good sign of SIJD is sloping shoulders and a sloping pelvis.

The Osteopath should ask you to stand still and then relax. He will be looking at your posture.

Correct treatment will involve rotation of your pelvis, loosening of any kinks in the spine and neck.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:18 am

I do have slopping shoulder!

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:34 pm

Go get a check up

Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:20 am

I think many times the prostate is involved in the pain cycle not the cause of it. Pelvic pain syndrome is a more accurate label in some ways although I don't like calling anything a syndrome. It makes doctors lazy.

It's hard to justify how an infection in the prostate could cause all the myriad of symptoms of 'prostatitis'. Much more understandable is pelvic muscle tension given it interacts with all structures in the pelvis.

But what's causing this tension? Stress is an easy target. It certainly can be a trigger, but most of us will have gone out of our way to cut down stress and still have the pain.

My theory explains this underlying tension. The muscles are tight because our pelvises are no longer working in the correct bio-mechanical order. They might be twisted, tilted, etc.

The very fact that women can have the same disorder without having a Prostate is an important fact in my opinion.

I have been through hell and back, like many on this forum. I knew no one would fix me unless I figured out what was wrong and who the best person was to see. Even then it was a struggle.

All I recommend is that you look into it. Get a couple of opinions.

Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:17 am

I've met two men this week who told me they had suffered from Prostatitis. Both had different reasons why. One thought stress. The other his diet.

Both had twisted pelvises. Both had one leg rotated outwards. Tight hamstrings. Knee pain.

Go get yourselves checked out.

Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:52 am

David, it's much more convincing to us to see how many CPPS patients get cured by realign the Joints than just tell us how many CPPS patients also have SIJ syndrome.

Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:48 pm

I can tell you I had the following conditions over the last two years. All went from spinal manipulation.

Prostatitis
IBS
Left knee cap pain
Tight hamstrings
L5S1 bulging disk
Sacro iliac Joint dysfunction
Erectile dysfunction
Pudendal neuralgia
TMJ syndrome
Atlas subluxation
Anal pain, problems
Anxiety
Depression
ADHD
Palpitations
Tingling fingers
Aching muscles in my back and neck
Irritable bladder

All caused by having a misaligned pelvis and subsequently twisted spine upto my neck.

It was hell to recover. Im not the same person i used to be because you get into some very dark places. I had to research every single illness on this list because I had to take some responsibility for my treatment. These aren't things your doctor can help you with. Through trial and error, I eventually found an excellent chiropractor who has put me straight. All these issues have now gone.

I'm trying to pass on everything I've learnt and been through to help others out of this situation. The medical community has let us down severely. Because they are all stubborn and proud they don't work together to solve illnesses which require knowledge across many different medical disciplines.

If you haven't been for a check up yet, I don't know why..

Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 am

Hi David-

I'm currently taking your approach. I've been in PT for 6 weeks now and have improvement. My testicular pain is gone. Lower back pain is less. Can sit for longer periods of time. The burning sensation at tip of penis is less, but still very present. Did you experience burning? Also, if so did you have uretheral inflammation at the opening?

What coaching tips for my physical therapist can you recommend?

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:10 pm

Richard1969 wrote:
Hi David-

I'm currently taking your approach. I've been in PT for 6 weeks now and have improvement. My testicular pain is gone. Lower back pain is less. Can sit for longer periods of time. The burning sensation at tip of penis is less, but still very present. Did you experience burning? Also, if so did you have uretheral inflammation at the opening?

What coaching tips for my physical therapist can you recommend?

Hi Richard,

Good to hear from you.

I didnt find that physiotherapy could fix my issue permanently. Whilst it helped, there was still something causing the muscles to be tight and tense. It's only by seeing Osteopaths and Chiropractors that I got my pelvis into alignment and removing the catalyst of my pelvic muscle tension.

That doesn't mean I don't think PT's can help. I would however go to a Osteo or Chiro and have your prelvic alignment checked. Physiotherapists are good at muscles but not at spinal alignment. They work on the result and not the cause which often means you never fully recover.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:18 pm

For crying out loud !
David and Prayerandfaith in the ring.
And in this corner (who's the winner here)??
I am beginning to think that one has non bacterial and the other has bacterial.
Each guy has a cure for his own.
Shots vs. pelvic alignment.
Both sound good to me but now to find out which on I have.
Non alcoholic wines vs. alcoholic beverages ! Scotch sure dumbs my pain as a good dose of IB's

Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:19 pm

Im not in the ring with anyone just put what works for me and others i know.
Do whatever you want its fine by me . I just hope everyone gets help and dont get hurt or scammed along the way!
Peace And Light

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:19 am

Hi parrotnotes,

I think we all accept there is bacterial and non-bacterial.

In my thread title I said for 'a common cause of CPPS'. This was to say that this isn't the cure for everyone.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 am

I still dont accept the non bacterial thing not buying it one bit! But once again whatever works for you or others God Bless!
Peace And Light

Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 pm

prayerandfaith wrote:
I still dont accept the non bacterial thing not buying it one bit! But once again whatever works for you or others God Bless!
Peace And Light

Any reason why you think it's always bacterial for everyone?

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Probably for the same reason you seem to think that everything can be cured by getting your pelvis and spine manipulated. You post it on every single thread. Every case is different. What helps some won't do anything for others. Mine was bacterial. I got lucky and it has become nothing but an occasional flare. If I have learned anything on this forum is that there seems to be a wide range of things that can cause and can help this disease. Let's not argue about our personal approaches but rather help each other.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:39 pm

Read my posts ! Again if something works for you good that is great!!
Peace And Light!!

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

prayerandfaith wrote:
Read my posts ! Again if something works for you good that is great!!
Peace And Light!!

I haven't got time to go through all your posts I'm afraid.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Rusty wrote:
Probably for the same reason you seem to think that everything can be cured by getting your pelvis and spine manipulated. You post it on every single thread. Every case is different. What helps some won't do anything for others. Mine was bacterial. I got lucky and it has become nothing but an occasional flare. If I have learned anything on this forum is that there seems to be a wide range of things that can cause and can help this disease. Let's not argue about our personal approaches but rather help each other.

Where did I say everything can be cured by spinal manipulation?

If you read the title of this thread, you will see I said its for a 'common cause' of CPPS.

The reason I'm posting on a lot of threads is because a lot of people have suffered for years and haven't been given the information about pelvic alignment. At least now they can investigate it if they choose to.

I have NO symptoms now.

I haven't been arguing. This is a thread I created to explore the bio mechanical causes of pelvic pain. If others want to post on it pushing the theory that its ALL bacterial then I think I have the right to ask them why they think that. I have gone into a lot of detail explaining the reasoning behind my theory.

Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:39 pm

If you can explain to me how a woman can have virtually all the same symptoms without having a prostate, let alone an infected one, I'd be interested.

Doesn't that rule out that EVERYONE has an infection?

Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next