Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Well there's actually a Urological theory about inflammation of the Prostate in CPPS.

When the pudendal nerve is irritated, it causes an irritable bladder neck which in turn causes urine to spurt into the Prostate, causing inflammation.

Alpha blockers are prescribed to relax the bladder neck but often they are ineffective because the pudendal nerve impulse over rides their calming effect.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:03 pm

Where can we find the writing of Polacheck? Its seem that uro dont believe Polacheck.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 pm

Shaky wrote:
Where can we find the writing of Polacheck? Its seem that uro dont believe Polacheck.

On this board.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:17 pm

I think the new way of thinking must be to give Bacterial and Non Bacterial causes EQUAL weight when treating Prostatitis.

That means from the very beginning treatment is started exploring both avenues.

There isn't currently the ability to perfectly detect exactly what's causing the issue so we can't rule out either theory.

Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:50 pm

Okay....time for another update. Had physical therapy today. Therapist noticed that my internal muscles were much more relaxed. That would explain why I have been pain free 20 out of the last 21 days.

I firmly believe it was a muscle related issue. This all started 2-3 days after unprotected vaginal sex and oral sex. I think I got myself so wound up worrying about the possibility of catching something I placed all my stress, tension, and anxiety to my pelvic area. This eventually irritated the heck out of my pudendal nerve.

I truly believe in bacterial related prostatitis. However, bacterial related prostatitis based on much research only occurs in very rare instances(10-15%). If you have been suffering for over a year....like I have and don't show positive via multiple tests, I urge you to look into muscle, spine, pudendal nerve, or a combination of the stated.

Best of luck to all.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:47 pm

Sex is probably the most strenuous use of your pelvic muscles you can do.

If there are tight muscles then its not surprising that sex causes them to go into spasm and squeeze the pudendal nerve.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Good news Richard.

What were your symptom before physical therapy?

Carl

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Richard1969 wrote:
Okay....time for another update. Had physical therapy today. Therapist noticed that my internal muscles were much more relaxed. That would explain why I have been pain free 20 out of the last 21 days.

I firmly believe it was a muscle related issue. This all started 2-3 days after unprotected vaginal sex and oral sex. I think I got myself so wound up worrying about the possibility of catching something I placed all my stress, tension, and anxiety to my pelvic area. This eventually irritated the heck out of my pudendal nerve.

I truly believe in bacterial related prostatitis. However, bacterial related prostatitis based on much research only occurs in very rare instances(10-15%). If you have been suffering for over a year....like I have and don't show positive via multiple tests, I urge you to look into muscle, spine, pudendal nerve, or a combination of the stated.

Best of luck to all.

Hope it all works out ! But if it started after unprotected sex I would almost bet the farm its a infection!
Good Luck !
Peace And Light!

Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Prayerandfaith-

You have made it very clear that you only believe in bacterial prostatitis. I had multiple checks of my prostate for both infection and through a TRUS. just because my symptoms started after sex doesn't mean it was an infection.

Carl, I have shared with you many times what my symptoms were. However, I will share them again and this will be the last time. I firmly believe in paying goodwill forward, but I will not continue to explain what has been clearly explained by myself and David88.

My symptoms were: continuous burning at tip of penis and inside my urethra. The tip of my penis was actually red and the skin was irritated. Some days it made me feel as if my boxers were made out of sandpaper. As time went on, my testicles were sore, my scrotum felt like it was tightened, watery semen, pain at tailbone (coccyx), and premature ejaculation.

My urologist who is ranked #5 in the USA provided me with multiple tests for infection. That means every test possible!!!
There are actually documented cases of men who have had their prostate removed and still have symptoms. It's unfortunante that some have tunnel vision and can't make past the thought that pain can be caused by other issues other than infection.

David88.......thank you for your guidance and support. I have another pudendal nerve injection scheduled for July 22nd. I will provide additional feedback at that time. From there I will most likely take a break from this forum.

I hope people approach their ailments with an open mind!

Wishing all the best,

Richard1969

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:50 pm

Richard I understand where you are coming from. All my tests came back negative as well yet I was full of infection. Good Luck!
Peace And Light

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Good luck Richard

Thanks very much for sharing your experiences.

Many future members will benefit from your kindness.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 pm

Prayandfaith-

I think that it is all members of this forum to provide as much detail on what has worked and what has not. According to what you have posted on the forum, Dr. Duke Bahn saved your life. I think that is great. Unfortunately you are unable to share the How, What, and Why. Dr. Bahn injects his patients with a cocktail of medicine.....much of which is comprised of steroids. Therefore, it leaves a sufferer not really knowining what portion of the cocktail actually resolved their symptoms.

It's time for us all to provide the necessary details within the process of what is working in greater detail so we as a collaborate group we can help the medical community and the suffers benefit.

Peace and Light is not enough of a response to provide the necessary results.

Warm Regards,

David

And yes, my name is not Richard.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:22 pm

I posted a link to the injections info sorry you didn't read it ! Good Luck!
Peace And Light

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:38 pm

I've read all your posts You don't explain yourself! Step up and share exactly how Dr. Bahn helped you. You owe everyone that is participating in this forum the full details.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:50 am

prayerandfaith wrote:
Peace And Light

You've got no evidence it was bacterial as you had anti-inflammatories alongside the anti-biotics.

You are promoting a procedure which has no insurance, no risk assessments and generally offers temporary, partial relief at best. Even the doctor who performs it suggests it should only be done when all other options have failed.

I understand why you would want to pass on what has helped you but you are not also passing on the full risks involved.

If it was all bacterial and the prostate was nearly impenetrable to anti-biotics why do 99.9% of men get better over a period of months? Some of which haven't even taken anti-biotics.

For a long time people were convinced the world was flat

For a long time Urologists were convinced Prostatitis was only caused by bacteria

Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:38 am

David88 wrote:
prayerandfaith wrote:
Peace And Light

You've got no evidence it was bacterial as you had anti-inflammatories alongside the anti-biotics.

You are promoting a procedure which has no insurance, no risk assessments and generally offers temporary, partial relief at best. Even the doctor who performs it suggests it should only be done when all other options have failed.

I understand why you would want to pass on what has helped you but you are not also passing on the full risks involved.

If it was all bacterial and the prostate was nearly impenetrable to anti-biotics why do 99.9% of men get better over a period of months? Some of which haven't even taken anti-biotics.

For a long time Urologists were convinced Prostatitis was only caused by bacteria

Yes I know for a fact I had a infection. As stated in my prior posts I had hemorrhoid surgery that went terribly wrong and within a couple weeks the Hell began . I was in great shape prior to the surgery . I don't drink , don't smoke , don't eat red meat and worked out often . So again yes I had a infection !!

Good Luck!
Peace And Light

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:16 pm

prayerandfaith wrote:
David88 wrote:
prayerandfaith wrote:
Peace And Light

Yes I know for a fact I had a infection. As stated in my prior posts I had hemorrhoid surgery that went terribly wrong and within a couple weeks the Hell began . I was in great shape prior to the surgery . I don't drink , don't smoke , don't eat red meat and worked out often . So again yes I had a infection !!

Good Luck!
Peace And Light

Haemorrhoids can often come because the levator ani and anal sphincter muscles are tense which means you strain when you have a bowel movement.

That's why people who have Prostatitis so often have haemorrhoids too. The anal sphincter and the bladder neck are both innerverated by the Pudendal nerve.

You could well have had an infection but that doesn't prove it. It actually fits the pelvic muscle model.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:07 pm

If you had to have haemorrhoid surgery then how can you have been in great shape?

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:54 pm

David88 wrote:
If you had to have haemorrhoid surgery then how can you have been in great shape?

Ok there dave your right you know everything! Bravo! :lol:

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:13 pm

People are coming on here to get advice and knowledge and we have a responsibility to be honest with them.

Unless you got tested positive for bacteria, you can't tell anyone it was definitely bacterial. Nor can you tell anyone that ALL prostatitis is bacterial.

New members are vulnerable and scared and you could easily influence them into thinking their only respite is Antibiotics or Injections.

If you had chronic hemorrhoids then you weren't in perfect health before your Prostatitis. That's misleading.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:46 pm
Site Admin

.... and that is the LAST "Yes I did!" - "No you didn't!" post that will approved. I'm getting too many emails complaining about the infighting that has been going on. Further back handed slaps at other posters will be removed. As some one said, this is a very odd disease. NO ONE here has all the right answers. We want people to post their experiences and what worked for them. I can see good points in both 'camps' here. Let's not ruin it by all the infighting.

Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Administrator wrote:
.... and that is the LAST "Yes I did!" - "No you didn't!" post that will approved. I'm getting too many emails complaining about the infighting that has been going on. Further back handed slaps at other posters will be removed. As some one said, this is a very odd disease. NO ONE here has all the right answers. We want people to post their experiences and what worked for them. I can see good points in both 'camps' here. Let's not ruin it by all the infighting.

Gee Whiz,
What's up with these guys ? You are so right.
I have tried almost everything I read on here (except the Chiro which I will next) and somethings work for awhile then I'm back to square one.
I can go 2 days suffering then 2 weeks feeling pretty good. Spicey foods can hurt me and sometimes not. Booze can annoy it then sometimes not. Sex (ejaculations) help and then sometimes hurt my left testicle. Advil/Aleve have helped for a couple days and one time it helped for 3 weeks with only a three day dose. So it's a big game we play here with ourselves. David, i gotta get to the Chiro next.
Now, I noticed when I do get into the pelvic/testicle pains my lower back aches. It's all related.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:14 pm

Yes it's all related.

That's why I am trying to pass this stuff on.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm

It's very important to get the muscle scar tissue removed if you are going to have successful manipulation from an Osteopath or Chiropractor.

Even then it's hard to find one good enough to really fix all the things wrong with you.

By the time the problem has created Prostatitis, you are usually very far down the line in terms of muscle dysfunctions.

It's hard but can be done if you keep fighting.

The prize is worth it.

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:32 pm

You've got to get your pelvis, upper neck (C1) and jaw ALL into alignment and get them to stay there.

Not easy...

Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 386 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next