Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
salllja2 wrote:
This was for sure an interesting post with tremendous amount of discussions on a possible cause of CPPS. However with most of us the pains get aggravated after ejaculations, I cant understand how ejaculations can worsen the misaligned pelvis or the nerves in the pelvis responsible for this ?

The theory is that men are having prostatitis like symptoms due to pelvic floor dysfunction which is likely due to structural / alignment issues.

To answer your questions...ejaculations don't worsen the misaligned pelvis (i.e. make the misalignment worse.) What happens is the muscles are already screwed up due to poor alignment. They've basically turned into knots that put pressure on the bladder, prostate, penis, etc, and cause all the symptoms. During ejaculations, all of the muscles contract and flex which is normal. But then the area is even more sore. Think of having a sprained muscle someplace else in the body and then using it too much. Same idea.

I completely agree with David88 that this is a likely cause for some. I suffered horribly about a year ago. It got really bad in the July/August 2015 time frame. Searched and searched for an infection that wasn't there. Took antibiotics, etc. No help.

Then I started down path of "Headache in the Pelvis" and got some pelvic floor rehab, and finally zeroed in on structural / pelvic alignment issues as the cause.

I now see an amazing, classic Osteopath in the Boston area who is like the Yoda of Osteopathy. He is very familiar with this situation and has dozens of men with this condition who he has helped. I've been seeing him since December and guess what. I'm now NORMAL (well, at least from a prostatitis perspective...HA.) He found my pelvis was twisted and tilted forward and he found all of the muscles in my back, abdomen, etc, that were contributing. All are well. He even found issues with my atlas/axis contributing to this.

I now only see him once a month, but at the beginning it was weekly, then bi-weekly combined with Phyisical Therapy and daily exercises/stretching.

David88 is spot on. I'm proof of that. Pelvic floor dysfunction can mimic infectious prostatitis..and is reversible with proper treatment.

PM me if you want to know my Osteopath's name. Note he doesn't take insurance. 1 visit costs $250

Wed May 04, 2016 10:51 am

To find a good DO, I recommend http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... cademy.org

The site focuses on cranial osteopaths. But in my experince, if a DO knows about Cranial Osteopathy, they should also know about Pelvic floor.

It at least gives you a short list of DO's in your region to call and discuss their experience with this condition.

Sat May 21, 2016 9:47 am

My issue comes from bone spurs/ scar tissue pressing the deep perineal nerve between my 2nd/3rd toes.

I never had any nerve symptoms in my foot and MRI and X-Ray didn't show the problem. Only an ultrasound on the base of my foot showed it.

I figured it out because massage to the toe could make me instantly worse or better.

Finding the trigger to your problem is very difficult.

I'd recommend getting scans, particularly ultrasound, in any old injuries around your feet and ankles.

Anything you might have damaged.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:55 pm

I believe my pelvic floor dysfunction is caused by a structural problem but I just can't for the life of me seem to target it in any effective way. I have done a lot of pelvic floor rehab without great success and I spend 1 to 2 hours per day doing a regimen of stretches and yoga along with meditation. I just have a nasty spot in the back right part of the rectum that is just completely stuck. It is like the muscle just got snarled up or something and doesn't want to move.

I have an appointment with an osteopath on July 20th. This will be my first experience trying osteopathy. If anyone has any recommendations for an osteo in the NYC area I would love to hear about it.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:41 pm

I think there are several different causes for Prostatitis, and maybe even several different but similar conditions all grouped under Prostatitis, so while it may all be the same condition and same cause, everyone could very well be debating about it pointlessly when in fact each of us has a different case - nonetheless, the more I research, the more confused I get.

What makes ZERO sense to me - is that it cannot be just a coincidence that an infection started this condition for many men yet it is absolutely "not" the cause. The argument that it is muscle problems or nerve problems when an infection is what started the symptoms is what throws me way off. Especially for young guys, I am only 23 and I was perfectly healthy until I got Prostatitis 5 years ago. If it was a muscle problem - you'd think it would be more gradual. For me, I got an infection and out of nowhere got all the symptoms all at once. After the initial infection was treated, some symptoms remained. The argument that the body is fighting an infection that is not there anymore or messed things up sort-of makes more sense.

Even a possible theory I think is that potentially our pelvis' or something down there is misaligned and when we get an infection, it is easily trapped or causes more problems because of the misalignment - or a gene in us that when an infection is present all hell breaks loose even after being treated.

What baffles me though, is that for many men, they flare up after sex even without an infection, coming out clean on urine, their partner is clean, etc. Which makes me believe some of us are extremely sensitive to certain bacteria or organisms that are otherwise harmless to the average person. I saw an argument that thrusting during sex is what can contribute to it getting worse but I don't believe that is the case for many people and especially not me because when I got a flare up it was not after anything aggressive and it was unprotected.

Why I am so convinced about the bacteria for many men is because if it was anything muscle related or nerve related, I believe it would be slowly and gradually, not out of thing air as was for me. Also bacteria takes time to show symptoms - the first time I got the infection 5 years ago, symptoms didn't show up until 3 weeks later. Again, 6 months ago when I got a severe flare up that hasn't subsided, symptoms got twice as bad 3 weeks after unprotected sex. If it was from thrusting, it wouldn't take 3 weeks.

The muscle and nerve problem is an interesting argument and I think Prostatitis may be divided by different causes, but I know for sure many men that don't have bacteria show up, I am certain it is hiding somewhere or that was the cause and there is some autoimmune reaction even to harmless bacteria which would make sense about reinfection after sex..

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:04 am

Nerve irritation/impingement will cause an instant contraction of any muscles it controls.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:40 pm

I think people need to use common sense.

When people really think about it they know deep down what the actual cause is for each of them.

There is a long long history of people becoming sick because of viral and bacterial causes. It goes back to the very beginning of the human race.

Yet somehow when the prostate gets involved people come up with theory after theory for other causes. I don't get it.

Even when gene sequencing is used to identify bacteria in the prostate there are many who refuse to accept the results.

Maybe in some cases allergy or a pinched nerve may cause some prostatitis like symptoms but in the vast majority I am confident that the cause is what it has been throughout the evolution of the human race.

Maybe nerve manipulation does help relieve some of the symptoms (acupuncture has been used for centuries) but that does not mean that nerves are the cause.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:35 pm

The actual scientific data about bacterias and viruses is saying that they are not our "enemies" by nature. In some cases they are consequence and not cause of a disease. Mainly, bacterias and viruses are in nature and our bodies to keep the balance of them. I agree with you in that almost of the cases must be due to bacterial infections, but we need to ask why those bacterias (which nature is not living in the prostate) are there? We need to re-think the war against bacterias and viruses. Maybe they are not the culprit, maybe that they are also "sick", out of their natural environment.

It also can be possible that those bacterias get into the prostate because it's unbalanced, maybe damaged tissues or even chemical infection. Nobody has thought that our prostate can be suffering some chemical infection caused by any drug taken in the past, insecticide, pesticide or any other toxic stuff? Maybe that those bacteria are trying to clean that? I don't know but it is also an hypothesis worthy to consider. The western science always blames the nature for all the diseases and never the human acts and products. You go to an allergy clinic and you see the mites and the pollen listed as potential enemies, no one word about the stuff that comes out from car exhaust pipes or nuclear toxicity, which is by far worse for our bodies.

The sexuality and libido problems, the chronic prostatitis and so on are diseases that only happens in civilized zones. That must make us to think deeply about the man-made toxicity.

Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:58 pm

Quote:
The sexuality and libido problems, the chronic prostatitis and so on are diseases that only happens in civilized zones.

How do you know that, or have you just assumed that is the case? I am pretty sure man has always suffered such problems, we are after all, imperfect.

Autoimmune diseases are increasing in more developed countries due to cleanliness of environment, lack of vitamin D, exercise, diet and so on. I am not sure about other disease types, depends on the society we are talking about. The Japanese tend to be pretty healthy even though they live in a more developed country because their diet contains seafood.

Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:42 am

I have listened, watched and read a lot from native people. That is my source (I wish to know what was your source to affirm that "they die from a bettle bite", as you did in another thread). If you want to know about native people listen to them, not people full of prejudices talking about them with racism and ignorance. And it's obvious that they don't have the health problems we have in the "developed world" (they have an inmunological system by far better than ours, in part due to their rich intestinal flora; there are studies that proved that, just do the research). Humility is required here. We are not better than them and our way of life is not "advanced". You only need to watch any documentary about any tribe. You don't see obese people, they are healthier and even you don't see to many young bald men.

I have lived in Japan 9 years and I know that in the last decades, when they adopted the "western modern way of life" they began to have health problems that they hadn't before, like hair loss, obesity, diabetes, sexual disfunctions (not to mention psychological disorders which Japan is very affected)... One must be too blind to don't see the conection between that way of life and those health problems.

Our bodies are not perfect, but they have a very complex and amazing ability to respond to environmental agressions and recover the equilibrium. But "our way of life" is full of things that are by far too harmful and our bodies end losing their ability to do that. It's something called in ecology (which also applies to living bodies) as surpassing the tolerance levels.

Listen to native people, know them, and then compare with our culture. We have "won" technology but we have lost health and happiness. Anyway, you can go to any tribe and ask the men if they have chronic pain in the prostate and if they want it removed badly, or if they suffer sexual disfunctions. I think that it's obvious what I'm saying, and only people who don't want to see won't see.

Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:00 pm

I think there are pro's and con's of living in the jungle/tribe versus developed countries. They probably die more of infections for example, but have lower cardiovascular diseases and so on. There are obese people in tribes because it can be genetic, same as some kinds of prostate problems I expect. Clearly Chava you would like to have been born in a jungle/forest or whatever you are thinking and that is fine by me, I like being in nature too so I can understand that. Some of my family were born in a tribe in Africa, but now they are in the UK and like it here because of the clean water and lack of those kinds of diseases. I think you just have to learn to accept what you have and appreciate that there is good and bad for everyone.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:08 am

Rather than get born in a tribe, I would like that my planet and all the wild and free people and animals wouldn't get destroyed by psychopaths, like sadly it's happening. The majority of our health problems are consequence of that.

And the water was clean around all the globe before this civilization. You only had to pick it from a river (now it's dangerous). All the tribes living in the wild drink clean water. The so called indians from America didn't have infection diseases (that's well documented) until the arrival of the European invasion. Their society were not perfect but they didn't destroy their environment and they didn't unbalance the bacterias and viruses making new diseases.

All cultures have their bad and good points but there is something called average and the free wild societies of native people have a higher average in health, security, happiness and equality. There are not forums of desperated people like us suffering from a disease which nobody want to heal and probably (I'm almost sure of that) generated by the poisoning of our environment and food. If a person from a native tribe read this forum and about people saying that they want their prostate removed because they can't bear the pain, or another testimonies it would be a cultural shock to him/her.

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:23 pm

Is anyone still using Andrew Croysdale as per David88's advice? Was was going to book an appointment with him but seems he is no longer available and cannot find out where he works from anymore?

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:58 am

Try dropping Andrew Croysdale a text- the number I always used to contact him was:

Tel:

Good luck....

Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:31 pm

There seem to be many explanations on the interweb about the cause and cure of prostatitis aka cpps. Also many people saying they are cured (just google "prostatitis cpps success stories" for proof and you will see I am not lying).

Now forums like this are places where people go when they are having a problem getting over the disorder, and I also do struggle with it from time to time so i know how you feel, but then it is good to know others have struggles as well and overcome it and continue to stay well years, many years, later. So bottom line is this is not a death sentence, not an autoimmune disease (such diseases like lupus or MS lead to damage of the body tissues and there is no damage in cpps) and not an infection unless infections come and go as mine does with no cause that can be worked out.....

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:49 pm

This blog on pelvic pain is excellent:

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... r.html?m=1

ADMIN NOTE: I apologize for the delay on this post. I was out and managed to smack a deer. I'm alright, the car is bellyaching it is hurt, and the deer is dead.

Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:58 am

What an incredible article. I wish It had been around when I was sick. Had to learn all that over many years spending a lot of money.

Brilliant find!!

Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:17 pm

Yes- that's what I thought- excellent appraisal of what the issue is likely to be.
I did lots of glute strengthening exercises like clam shells etc.....I got better and then stopped exercising-
The pain returned a month or two later- I have to continually do the work- it's a lifestyle change and a tedious one-
But the alternative is pain☹️

Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi all, and hi David88. I am 47, in the UK and have been suffering from all the CPPS symptoms for a few months, since tearing something in my left hip doing a stretch. I've been constipated for years though and have had awful haemorrhoids, plus occasional problems with urinating after sex.

I severely injured my left SI joint in 1996 and MRIs, CTs showed nothing. Each of the orthopaedic surgeons who examined me said that there was nothing wrong. However, I saw an osteopath and -click- he adjusted my hip and I recovered.

My present symptoms have been unbearable, and I've been treated for epididymitis and UTIs. I knew that my hip injury was linked somehow and after reading "headache in the pelvis" over the past week I'm certain that my pelvic alignment is at fault. I've spent the week lying on my back relaxing my pelvic floor muscles, whicjh has helped. Last night I did a leg raise and my SI joint clonked rather than clicked and is now bruised. My partner massaged me from foot to back with oil after and my symptoms are better today than thay have been for months.

I'm seeing a Chiro on Friday (I live in Cardiff) and in my emails to her she says that she thinks the SI problem is root of my symptoms. Hopefully she will be able to help - I will report back - but if she can't, can anyone recommend a UK Chiro who can realign my pelvis?

Thanks to David88 and happy new year to all.

Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi Nathan,

Sorry to hear about your pain.

If your left hip/SI Joint is causing you so many problems then I wonder if your left foot is doing it's job properly. It's supposed to have a strong arch which stabilises your leg. Without that arch (flat feet) your left knee and hip will tighten to compensate.

While a Chiropractor can unlock your hip and re-align your SI joint you also need to find out what's caused the problem in the first place.

In particular look at the Peroneal Longus muscle and the position of the Cuboid Bone in the foot. Tension of the PL muscle can pull the Cuboid out of place and cause flat feet. That in turn will cause the left foot to 'turn out' and then your hip muscles will tighten.

I would recommend massage into the Psoas, Glute (Max, med and minimum), Tensor Fascia Lata, Peroneal Longus, Calf, Plantar Fascia muscles. Especially the glutes so that the SI Joints can go back into place.

Make sure the Chiro checks your feet. Both the bones and the muscles around them.

Good luck

Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:38 am

Hi David. Thanks for replying. I've seen two chiros in the past month - both have done work on my SI, readjusting - the second of which I'm continuing to visit. She has concluded that my pelvis is rotated. She has been working on trigger points in the abductors in my thighs, the rectus abdominus and my iliopsoas, as well as my gluteus and in my lower back. Most of my symptoms have reduced greatly but I'm still having pain once my bladder fills. I can pass about 250 ml of urine at a time now. I'm taking Prostradux, magnesium, bromelain, quercetin and omega 3.

Tomorrow I'm going to see a male pelvic pain specialist. He does work for the NHS but I'm paying to see him privately so I will ask him about my feet. I've been relaxing my pelvic floor, foam rolling and stretching but it's all been a bit random so I'm hoping he can give me a programme of self-help so that I can aid my own recovery in a more structured way.

Walking/standing leaves me largely symptom free. Sitting leads to almost instant symptom flare - enervation in my thighs and pain in my suprapubic area and teticles. Lying down helps but I think lying straight on your back or on your side with a pillow between the legs is important.

I've eliminated caffeine, alcohol and gluten from my meals and am trying to eat a low-histamine diet.

One last thing: stress is my biggest flare. I'm going through some terrible issues with my family and I can have instant severe symptoms if there is tension or arguing.

I will post again once I've had feedback from the pelvic pain specialist.

Good luck to all.

Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:31 am

Update: I've had a consultation with Mark Dunford. He works in Cardiff - I am fortunate to live in the city. He was very thorough in his questioning and examination. He noted my tight abductors and rectus abdominis, and limited mobility in my left hip. My pelvic floor can't relax fully which is causing the bladder symptoms and the pain in my supra pubic area. He identified trigger points on the left of my coccyx and sacrum and is pretty sure that I will have trigger points in my rectum - my next appointment is in three weeks so i will have the internal therapy next time.

He was very complimentary about my regimen of stretching and pelvic floor relaxation and also about the therapy I have received from the second chiro whom I saw - he thinks that spinal adjustments are pretty useless without the trigger points being worked on. He believes that Headache in the pelvis is a very worthwhile read.

All of you poor guys out there, have faith that you can get better - maybe not 100% but you WILL feel better if you treat your pelvic floor.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:42 pm

Nathan wrote:
All of you poor guys out there, have faith that you will get better and finally reach 100%, if you treat your pelvic floor.

Corrected your post.

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

Lol at Whatever...You're right though.

Just have faith AND de-stress and do pelvic floor relaxation, stretch your iliopsoas, abdominals, abductors, piriformis, glutes and quads; do foam rolling and myofascial release; cut out gluten, spicy food, cured meats, processed food, ready meals, alcohol and caffeine; take bromelain, quercetin, fo ti, pumpkin seed, saw palmetto, nettle root, magnesium and omega-3; have chiropractic treatment, deep tissue massage, trigger point and pelvic floor therapy; sit straight, stand straight and walk straight; breathe using your diaphragm, sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs.

Also, drink plenty of water. My worst remaining symptom is bladder/supra pubic pain when my bladder fills. Train your bladder to hold more by making your urine more dilute - which will reduce the urge to urinate, as more concentrated urine results in a stronger urge - and hold off urinating for five or ten minutes after the urge becomes strong. I've been frightened to drink over the past month or two but retraining your bladder, in conjunction with all of the other approaches, is essential. I've drunk 1.5 litres of water and 0.5 litres of cloudy apple juice today, but only urinated 3 times (it is 8:20pm now). My last pee was 300ml, which is getting easier to achieve as the days go by. Once I'm comfortably holding 400 ml I will be so much happier.

Also, lay off sex and masturbation. Maybe once or twice a week, but make it brief and DON'T TENSE UP!!

I've done all of these over the past month and the change in my symptoms has been remarkable. Thanks to the amazing contributors on this forum for all of their wisdom.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:18 pm

Update. I'm getting better. Iliopsoas, piriformis and cat and camel stretching every day. Sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs. Masssaging/foam rolling my buttocks and legs. Most importantly, I think, I'm learning to relax my pelvic muscles at will.

Still seeing the chiropractor. She said that my pelvis was rotated posteriorally on the left side (where my damaged SI joint is) and anteriorally on the right side. As of today it is aligned. However, I still have limited mobility on my left hip so she suggested stretching the piriformis more on that side. She's been using an impulse gun on my symphysis pubis as that is slightly uneven. I think that she is helping me tremendously. She does a lot of work on my trigger points and some great adjustments.

I've started taking the enzyme pill serrapaptase. It has an anti-inflammatory effect and supposedly will digest scar tissue and cysts, nodules etc. It is an enteric coated pill that should release the enzymes when it reaches the small intestine to then be absorbed into the bloodstream through the gut wall. Many scientists disagree that this is possible but there are thousands of testimonials on the web from users who feel they have benefited.

I'm still taking omega 3, Prostradux, Bromelain with Quercetin, and Magnesium. I've started drinking nettle tea and camomile tea with no ill effects. I bought some Aloe Vera leaf capsules today so I will add those to my daily regimen.

I've had no alcohol, caffeine, curry, chilli or gluten - all of which I used to consume and enjoy in abundance - for over a month now. I had to move home this week which involved two days of carrying boxes and furniture up and down many flights of stairs. I'm leaving the larger items of furniture for the removal guys. I'm in my new place which my parents own, I sold my old flat but I don't have enough cash to buy in Cardiff as it is quite pricy. Luckily my parents have this place spare. The move tired me out but hasn't set me back thankfully.

My main goal has been to reduce pain and increase bladder capacity. I'm drinking far more in quantity and variety. My pee this morning was 450ml and I'm regularly peeing 300-350 ml. The pain is much reduced. I've had three pees today (I've been up for 11 hours, averaging 350 ml.

I will see the Chiro on Monday then on Friday i start the Pelvic Floor therapy. I will report back.

Keep believing guys!

Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next