Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 

Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Question for the muscle / skeletal experts on here.

I'm still working on my recovery. I didn't have this as bad as some of you on here, but it was still a draining, concerning and miserable experience.

My main symptoms were:
-Bladder pressure / discomfort.
-Base of penis pain
-mild feelings of needing to urinate
-Suprapubic pain
-Thigh / hip pain
-Discomfort at tip of penis
-Later...perineum pain after ejaculation

I've done 3 weeks of Cirpo and am now on Doxy for another 12 weeks. Things are better, but not yet well.

It seems different now. Perineum pain is gone. but now my entire "undercarriage" seems wounded and inflamed.

If I press on the muscles in my hip / pubic area, I can feel "knots" that are painful. Then, pressing about 2-3" away from my anus on the glutes / upper thighs on the back of the pelvis is also EXTREMELY painful. Seems like these are trigger points.

I know my pelvis is rolled forward..... "anterior pelvic rotation".

So could my issue really be musculoskeletal? Or was it the infection initially and has it transitioned to musculoskeletal?

Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a BIG THANK YOU to this forum! Its helped me alot.

Have had this CPPS since i was 19 (now 27) and i feel i am starting to get it under control through regular stretching and strengthening muscles and some meditation/mindfulness.

My condition was diagnosed originally as bacterial but never proven and had always flared up during stress and a lot sitting around. Long story short i had been through 3 urologist, 2 physiotherapist and numerous GP's telling me different things. Been on anti-biotics to alpha blocks and even anti-depressants, all of which didn’t provide much relief.

Ive never commented had the guts to comment and always just read posts :roll: but i thought i'd share a book called Move Your DNA by Katy Bowman that has helped me along with the forum and is related to alignment. The legs on the wall stretch mentioned in the book is a practically good stretch.

Hope it helps someone.

PS: if you dont like reading you can also get the audiobook version.

Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:01 am

Pelvic muscle tightness is often a reaction to joint issues lower down the kinetic chain.

That is toes, ankles, knees, etc.

If you have restrictions of movement in any of those joints or irritation to reflex points then your hip/pelvic muscles will tighten on that side and twist/rotate your pelvis.

This will jam up the Sacro-Iliac joints which will compound the muscular tension in the pelvis.

This muscle tension will block blood, nerve, lymph flow and irritate the electrics in the pelvis which operates the bladder, erections, prostate, anus, etc.

The issue probably isn't coming from your pelvis.

It's probably starting lower in the chain.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:45 pm

Pelvic muscle tightness is often a reaction to joint issues lower down the kinetic chain.

That is toes, ankles, knees, etc.

If you have restrictions of movement in any of those joints or irritation to reflex points then your hip/pelvic muscles will tighten on that side and twist/rotate your pelvis.

This will jam up the Sacro-Iliac joints which will compound the muscular tension in the pelvis.

This muscle tension will block blood, nerve, lymph flow and irritate the electrics in the pelvis which operates the bladder, erections, prostate, anus, etc.

The issue probably isn't coming from your pelvis.

It's probably starting lower in the chain.

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:45 pm

that is interesting.....I hope you get better soon and never get ill again....

Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:31 am

bcb1200,

I've had a lot of success in the past year in figuring out what causes the inflammation. It's primarily what I eat, so there are the usual suspects with the capsacin in spicy food and garlic and caffeine.

But I first discovered I became inflamed after eating any dairy products, so I rid my diet of those. And more recently I've found the inflammation is caused by any consumption of anything containing lactic acid or Sodium stearoyl lactylate which is in freaking everything. You'll see it on a lot of vegan labels and a type of popular mixed jellybean. I saw it first on some store brand packaged bread.

After ridding that I was pretty good for a while, but there was still something in my diet I couldn't figure out. That turned out to be, I think, sodium palmate or palmitic acid, it's listed on the back of one brand of soy milk, I now drink cashew milk because of it... but palmitic acid is present in palm oil, sunflower oil, and cocoa butter.

Okay, so that almost eliminates any prepackaged food you will find, including dressings, dried fruit, snacks, and any other weird stuff you probably shouldn't be eating. But I did that, and days I haven't eaten any of these I just feel really great. I just have to make everything from scratch. Brown rice is my best friend, it makes me feel so good and eases bowel irritation completely.

So of course I took cipro as prescribed, and that helped for while.. really it helped me pee. But since then I take these lipospheric vitamin C packets and pee like a racehorse all day long, it's wonderful. Also going to the gym and working that area will eliminate pain during the day.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:58 am

BCB1200-

If you have sore points/knotted muscle near your anus these are trigger points that it's imperative you work on.

Along the inner thigh on the adductors, the glutes, around the anus-these are all areas where trigger points will
cause constant pain in the pelvis.
Take a long hot bath to relax the muscles and then massage the areas firmly pressing hard on any particularly sore points.
A key trigger point can be on the levator ani- after taking a hot bath put plenty of lubricant on your finger-
put it just inside your anus and feel gently around the rectal area- often there will be thick bands of muscle-
press and massage these.....it can be very painful at first but the results can be astonishing regarding the pain
diminishing. It is also worth paying close attention to the area just outside the anus and the muscle just inside
the sphincter.
There are things most people would rather be doing with their time than this treatment but the end result is worth while.
It's no good doing lots of stretches or taking antibiotics whilst you are riddled with trigger points.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:45 am

Thanks for the advice Kenneyct.

Kenneyct wrote:
bcb1200,

I've had a lot of success in the past year in figuring out what causes the inflammation. It's primarily what I eat, so there are the usual suspects with the capsacin in spicy food and garlic and caffeine.

But I first discovered I became inflamed after eating any dairy products, so I rid my diet of those. And more recently I've found the inflammation is caused by any consumption of anything containing lactic acid or Sodium stearoyl lactylate which is in freaking everything. You'll see it on a lot of vegan labels and a type of popular mixed jellybean. I saw it first on some store brand packaged bread.

After ridding that I was pretty good for a while, but there was still something in my diet I couldn't figure out. That turned out to be, I think, sodium palmate or palmitic acid, it's listed on the back of one brand of soy milk, I now drink cashew milk because of it... but palmitic acid is present in palm oil, sunflower oil, and cocoa butter.

Okay, so that almost eliminates any prepackaged food you will find, including dressings, dried fruit, snacks, and any other weird stuff you probably shouldn't be eating. But I did that, and days I haven't eaten any of these I just feel really great. I just have to make everything from scratch. Brown rice is my best friend, it makes me feel so good and eases bowel irritation completely.

So of course I took cipro as prescribed, and that helped for while.. really it helped me pee. But since then I take these lipospheric vitamin C packets and pee like a racehorse all day long, it's wonderful. Also going to the gym and working that area will eliminate pain during the day.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:48 am

Also fwiw the lipospheric packets I take don't dissolve, they instruct you to put them in water but I just squeeze them down my throat because they taste so funky. But I'm not in pain most days now.

Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Prostatis takes a long time to develop, and you will know you're developing it if you do.... I also wanted to add that I take dietary capsules that contain lactase as needed, and they do work to combat the lactic acid. But not the tablets because they dissolve.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:26 am

I also take tylenol.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:50 am

I find that when I take Vitamin C, because it's somewhat acidic, I have a slight burning sensation when I pee, I think. Does anyone else have any issues with vitamins or supplements? Because of the occasional issues I've stopped taking all supplements. (BTW - I also have a weak stomach and most multi-vitamins upset my stomach.) Also, I theorized this in the past but verified it the other day, Golds Bond powder drives me crazy. If I get it on my penis it feels like a burning urethra until I wash it off. :( And, I know I have pelvic muscular issues and that causes me most of my problems and stress really sets things off.

Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:16 pm

I've started taking co-enzyme Q10 or CoQ10 and it really seems to be helping. He first couple times I took it my stomach started gurgling for like an hour. I think it might have interacted with the vitamin C, but I wouldn't recommend taking it every day, I took a break after four days. But I'm feeling better, and I haven't had to take the vitamin C

Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:17 pm

I might have been wrong about spicy foods causing inflammation, actually the capsacin in the spice might be helping, it just burns sometimes. Actually so does the Vitamin C and antibiotics if I had taken it for long enough.

I don't know if I have an allergy to lactic acid, but that is what seems to cause the irritation, even after I go to the gym. I actually take the lactose pills before I workout just incase.

Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:47 am

Kenneyct wrote:
I might have been wrong about spicy foods causing inflammation, actually the capsacin in the spice might be helping, it just burns sometimes. Actually so does the Vitamin C and antibiotics if I had taken it for long enough.

I don't know if I have an allergy to lactic acid, but that is what seems to cause the irritation, even after I go to the gym. I actually take the lactose pills before I workout just incase.

Kenneyct,

Thanks for your information. Maybe you could consider opening your own thread.

Do you also have a negative reaction to butter?

Sat Oct 17, 2015 2:37 pm

Further to the OP's posts regarding pelvic issues starting lower down the kinetic chain here is an excellent overview
of all the pelvic problems that can start from foot disorders- there are 43 pages of brief overview worth quickly perusing-
there is no doubt that my pelvic pain stems from Mortons Toe and foot overpronation.-
This is the link:
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... omechanics

Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:20 pm

Letting folks know that I am now 99% sure the "prostatitis" issues I experienced in the summer had zero to do with my prostate.

It was all pelvic floor issues due to poor skeletal alignment and weak muscles. I have done daily stretches and gone to pelvic floor PT. Each time I've gotten better.

I've also found an AMAZING osteopath in Boston who has shown that my right hip is raised, making right leg "shorter." This in turn rolls pelvis forward and pulls on all other muscles, etc, causing the bladder / prostate / urinary symptoms I was experiencing.

My osteopath says he has over 50 patients with these symptoms that have seen tremendous improvement once the hips / spine, etc get fixed.

So don't think this is necessarily your prostate! It may be musculoskeletal / pelvic floor!

Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:32 pm

Agreed, strengthening the area will definitely help overall.

I also wanted to add to my previous posts that oddly enough I'm pretty sure dark chocolate made without dairy has been helping me feel better, although sometimes the caffeine in it bothers me. I don't know maybe because it's an anti-oxidant.

Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:06 am

Here is a healthy holiday brownie recipe

3/4 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
1 & 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt

Stir cocoa and baking soda. Blend in 1/3 cup of oil and add water. Stir until mixture thickens. Stir in sugar and eggs and remaining oil. Stir until smooth. Add flour, vanilla, and salt. Blend completely. Pour into lightly greased 13"X9" pan.

Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:42 am

For those of you who do daily stretching to relieve your symptoms -- what stretches do you do?

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:22 pm

A good place to start regarding stretching is the glute muscles and adductor muscles.......
If you Google you'll find loads of info online.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm

You know you are getting better when you start to feel little vibrations in the muscles, call fasciculations.

Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:20 am

When I feel better after having pressed trigger points, how can I be sure that I am doing something for myself long term and that I am not just using the principle of pain priority as it is the cause for less pain in acupuncture?

Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:17 pm
Profile WWW

This was for sure an interesting post with tremendous amount of discussions on a possible cause of CPPS. However with most of us the pains get aggravated after ejaculations, I cant understand how ejaculations can worsen the misaligned pelvis or the nerves in the pelvis responsible for this ?

Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:47 am

salllja2 wrote:
This was for sure an interesting post with tremendous amount of discussions on a possible cause of CPPS. However with most of us the pains get aggravated after ejaculations, I cant understand how ejaculations can worsen the misaligned pelvis or the nerves in the pelvis responsible for this ?

In my experience David88 is a non-bacterial prostatitis prophet. If you have had no bacteria found in your dre you will find your cure in Davids preaching. If you have had a sexual encounter and there was no bacteria in the prostate fluid exam you will find your cure in Davids preaching. It is just so hard to find an excellent Chiropractor or Osteopath to align the body the site should put a dedicated thread where proven practitioners are listed. The pain is aggravated after ejaculation because the pelvic muscles are tightened up already due to the nerves and they tighten up even more with the ejaculation which causes more pain.

Mon May 02, 2016 7:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 376 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next