Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:45 pm



Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 
Author Message

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update!
The following is my view having seen virtually every possible medical practitioner over the last 5 years.

I am now totally cured btw.



Chronic Prostatitis is commonly caused by muscular dysfunction in the pelvis. The thing that causes this muscular dysfunction is sacro-iliac joint dysfunction. This is a mis-alignement of the bones of the pelvis.

At sometime in your life, probably 10-20 years ago, you fell or banged your bum/lower back. This force was enough to slightly shift the sacro-iliac joints out of alignment. This can only be by a few millimeters.

Once the sacro-iliac joint is not functioning properly, the muscles that surround the joint become tense to try to hold the disordered joint in place. The pelvis then becomes twisted. This is not something that will commonly show up on an MRI.

This twist travels throughout your spine and will affect you from your feet to your head.

Within the Pelvis, there is a Sacral nerve called the Pudendal nerve. This nerve innerverates the anal sphincter, bladder neck and sexual organs. As the pelvis muscles are tight, they squeeze on the Pudendal nerve, causing it to send 'disturbed' signals to the organs it services. Your bum will be tight, your bladder neck will be unstable and you make have sexual function problems. As the pelvis is tilted and twisted, the pudendal nerve also now has to pass through a slightly different path, this also can stretch or squeeze the nerve.

With a disordered bladder neck, urine will spurt into the Prostate causing it to be inflamed.

* A mis-aligned Sacro-Iliac Joint will cause pain in the bum, coccyx, groin, hips, lower back, etc.

SO HOW DO I FIX IT?

You need to find an EXCELLENT Osteopath or Chiropractor. Ask around friends and family for someone they recommend. You need to be checked for any form of spinal misalignment. You pelvis should be checked for any twist or tilting. This can then be corrected over weeks or even months of treatment.

As the pelvis re-aligns, the pudendal nerve will be released, the bladder neck will then calm down and so the Prostate will work normally.

You will also need to find an EXCELLENT deep muscle tissue practicioner. This might be a Sports Masseur, Tui Na, Deep Tissue specialist. This is because when muscles get over worked and stretched the body lays down a tough, fibrous material over the top. This has the effect of actually weakening the muscle and shortening it. That's not good! By working out these adhesed, tough muscle areas the body can then be put back into alignment.


OTHER CONDITIONS COMMONLY FOUND

As there is a spinal misalignement at the heart of this issue, many other illnesses will usually be present in the patient's life. Some of the common ones are.

Tinnitus
Anxiety,
ADHD,
Depression.
IBS,
Knee Cap Issues on one side.
Lower back pain
Anal Problems


The real problem is the people we are sent to, Urologists, have no understanding of bio-mechanics. They scratch their heads and pre-scribe Antibiotics, Painkillers, muscle relaxants, bladder neck drugs.

I hope this helps at least one person.

In my view 'Pain Syndromes' are a load of tosh. As is nerve cross talk.

Look at your spinal alignment.


Last edited by David88 on Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:34 am, edited 2 times in total.



Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:48 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:31 am
Posts: 31
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David,
I have to agree 100% with this post. I too believe this condition is a neuromusclar disorder brought on by tight muscles and pressured vertabrae. Its a shame there are no specific protocols on this with the exception of the "a headache in the pelvis" book. Urologists really do need to get on the ball with this. I did do physical therapy, corrective pelvic massage, and accupuncture. All of which helped, however, became quite expensive. I've been able to manage my condition through extensive home strethces (Im a personal trainer so i have a thorough background on anatomy and physiology) Also i purchased an inversion table which has been phenominal in decompressing my spine. Im so excited about it, im going to post a topic about it. Dave, your right buddy, members here really need to get on the ball with this muscular theory. Glad your feeling better! Im not a 100% but feeling much better than I ever have. Hope to get to where you buddy!
Rob


Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:32 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:38 pm
Posts: 21
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I think you may be onto something with this theory. I also it is a muscular/joint issue, tightness in the pelvic region is causing prostatitis symptoms. My prostatitis symptoms appeared suddenly, only thing I could think of that caused it was my weight training regime. One thing that has helped me is supplementing with Magnesium Glycinate and stretching the pelvic region.


Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:04 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:34 pm
Posts: 16
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I like your explanation. I just posted on Chinese Medicine. Coincidentally my last onset was from kind of hurting or irritating my back. I also saw the chiropractor with no effect however. Acupuncture on my Sacrum had an effect however the most effect I got was from needling Ren1 and other frontal pelvic points. The lasting effect however only came from the herbs as explained...

You comment quite a bit David88. Is anyone in this forum posted on TCM before?


Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:31 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I firmly believe that the pathway I presented is the most common cause of pelvic pain in men.

I have seen top Urologists, Pain Specialists, Neurologists, Orthopaedic Surgeons, Neurosurgeon's, Physio's, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, etc.

When I put all the information together and reference it with my own recovery then I think this is the answer.

The key issue is Sacro-iliac Joint dysfunction and the difficulty in diagnosing it as an issue. It is largely ignored by conventional science because it does not show up on MRI's or X-Rays.

What's astonishing to me is that no-one in the medical profession has worked it out earlier.

It's not even a complex set of events when you understand how the body works.


Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:38 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 124
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I disagree i have had nerve blocks . went to chiro had a micro denervation surgery ,Neurologists the list goes on and on. Once i saw on the screen the infection in my seminal vesicles and my prostate lobes and began injections my relief finally started ! Just trying to help to stop the run around !! trust me i have been all over the country to these so called best doctors! none of them helped but injections from Dr. Bahn .. Good luck! Peace And Light!!


Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:05 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:15 pm
Posts: 99
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Prayerandfaith. What were your symptoms prior to injections?


Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
prayerandfaith wrote:
I disagree i have had nerve blocks . went to chiro had a micro denervation surgery ,Neurologists the list goes on and on. Once i saw on the screen the infection in my seminal vesicles and my prostate lobes and began injections my relief finally started ! Just trying to help to stop the run around !! trust me i have been all over the country to these so called best doctors! none of them helped but injections from Dr. Bahn .. Good luck! Peace And Light!!


Infection in the seminal vesicles can happen but it isn't the most common cause of CCPS.

I've been to all the top doctors. None of them fixed me. What I did is extract their model of what they thought my problems was. Only when I was on the road to recovery could I put all the information together and form a complete loop.

I think there are many ways to get chronic prostatitis but if you do not explore the bio-mechanical model then you are ignoring a very likely cause.

You can take this model and, excluding the Prostate, apply it to female sufferers of CPPS.


Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 124
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I dont know about all that but if it works for you God Bless. Richard look up my posts its all in there!
Good Luck ! Peace And Light!


Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I want to add that doing muscle work is helpful but there is more to it than that.

Remember that the muscles are only tense because the bones are misaligned.

You actually need to re-align the pelvis and to do that you will need to also get some manipulation (from an Osteo or Chiro) to adjust the ligaments.

Without re-aligning the pelvis, the problem could come back.


Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:21 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:12 am
Posts: 297
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
prayerandfaith wrote:
I disagree i have had nerve blocks . went to chiro had a micro denervation surgery ,Neurologists the list goes on and on. Once i saw on the screen the infection in my seminal vesicles and my prostate lobes and began injections my relief finally started ! Just trying to help to stop the run around !! trust me i have been all over the country to these so called best doctors! none of them helped but injections from Dr. Bahn .. Good luck! Peace And Light!!

Prayerandfaith - are the injections on going or were there a series of 3 or 4, then you were cured and need no more?


Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:00 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 124
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I needed more! I got relief from the first ones , but i had a horrible infection i could hardly walk when i first got to Dr. Bahn. Now i can run lift weights again! and live!! i go back every 8 months or so just to get checked out! He cured my friend aftet 7 injections. Bob has been normal for almost 3 yeras now.
Everyone is different i personal dont believe in non bacterial prostatitis after speaking to hundreds of men over the years we all ran across something funky in one form or another to come down with this.
I have been all over the country and have seen many so called great doctors! Non of the helped me or cared except Dr. Bahn. and his wonderful staff ! Hope this hepls Peace And Light!!!


Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:11 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I think there are both types. Bacterial and Non--Bacterial.

My view is that it commonly flares up after sex for a few reasons. One is that the pelvic thrust is putting the Sacro-Iliac Joints through a lot of motion. If they are misaligned, they will cause pain. Secondly the muscular tension in the pelvis is likely to be greatly increased and any pressure on the Pudendal nerve will go up at the same time.


Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:00 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 124
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
If you say so but im not buying it. I have spoke with hundreds of men over the years and if we really trace back our lives we got something funky along the way! Im glad your feeling better but the whole nerve thing , the headache in pelvis thing been there ! done that !years ago and i was full of infection like most of us.
Once you get someone who knows what they are doing , shows you on the screen and then in time it goes away pain wise and seeing the changes on comprehensive color-Doppler it all makes sense.
Good luck Peace And Light!


Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:30 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
prayerandfaith wrote:
If you say so but im not buying it. I have spoke with hundreds of men over the years and if we really trace back our lives we got something funky along the way! Im glad your feeling better but the whole nerve thing , the headache in pelvis thing been there ! done that !years ago and i was full of infection like most of us.
Once you get someone who knows what they are doing , shows you on the screen and then in time it goes away pain wise and seeing the changes on comprehensive color-Doppler it all makes sense.
Good luck Peace And Light!


How do you explain muscle contractions in the pelvis?


Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 am
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
prayerandfaith wrote:
If you say so but im not buying it. I have spoke with hundreds of men over the years and if we really trace back our lives we got something funky along the way! Im glad your feeling better but the whole nerve thing , the headache in pelvis thing been there ! done that !years ago and i was full of infection like most of us.
Once you get someone who knows what they are doing , shows you on the screen and then in time it goes away pain wise and seeing the changes on comprehensive color-Doppler it all makes sense.
Good luck Peace And Light!


Do you think people actually had infections or did it just appear that way. Most men don't show any sign of infection, even in the bladder

They also have reported relief from muscle work which would make any difference if it was just an inflammatory problem.

You also have to factor in all the different pain area's, the anal tension, the back pain, etc.

My theory make total sense because it explains all the symptoms.

A bacterial infection couldn't account for all the problems and still make sense


Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:51 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 124
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Well the key word is they dont show any infection?? Because they go to the useless doctors that have no clue!!! If you read any of my posts . I could hardly walk . I have had all the pains your mentioned and then some. Back , feet, legs ,flu symptoms , kick in the butt feeling ,burning everywhere below .
The list goes on and one and after 20 or more urologists that all said i didnt have a infection .
After i started getting the injections all of the symptoms ARE GONE!!! BECAUSE ITS A INFECTION!!!!
The reason why i am telling you and everyone is becuase i was caught in the wheel of muscle nonsense for well over a year and it was nothing but a waste of time and a ton of cash!
I have had more hands in my ass than a texas hold em up poker tournament!
Again good luck ! I type this pain free this morning and that is a wonderful thing!!
Peace And Light to all on here this is no way to live and i hope this helps .
The reason why im so gratefull is the day before i found Dr. Duke Bahn .Myself and a fellow sufferer Bob was making arrangements to go to Vegas for one last Party (bunny ranch) and then we were going to take our lives because we couldnt take it anymore. Right before i was getting ready to book our flights i found Dr. Bahn !!! Bob is cured and im almost there! Thats why i know in my heart that most of us men on here have a infection! Hope this helps !! Again Peace And Light!!!


Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:04 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 613
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88 wrote:
prayerandfaith wrote:
If you say so but im not buying it. I have spoke with hundreds of men over the years and if we really trace back our lives we got something funky along the way! Im glad your feeling better but the whole nerve thing , the headache in pelvis thing been there ! done that !years ago and i was full of infection like most of us.
Once you get someone who knows what they are doing , shows you on the screen and then in time it goes away pain wise and seeing the changes on comprehensive color-Doppler it all makes sense.
Good luck Peace And Light!


Do you think people actually had infections or did it just appear that way. Most men don't show any sign of infection, even in the bladder

They also have reported relief from muscle work which would make any difference if it was just an inflammatory problem.

You also have to factor in all the different pain area's, the anal tension, the back pain, etc.

My theory make total sense because it explains all the symptoms.

A bacterial infection couldn't account for all the problems and still make sense


Sorry I don't buy it either. Your theory is just one more unfounded guess as to what causes a problem that has no universally accepted cause or treatment. The majority of men who have prostate problems get over them in a period of time regardless of what treatment or lack of one they choose. The people who continue to deal with this over a period of years are in the minority, buts its a big minority.
What people often overlook is there is not always a cause, or at least not one we understand. The human body was designed to break down and fail. It happens to different people at various ages. Prostatitis is just one of a thousand things that can go wrong.
If a treatment works for you that's great, if you believe it cured you that's great as well, but it carries no more weight than any other theory proposed by the thousands of people who believe they have the answer. The bottom line is there is no one answer, regardless of how many threads you post it in.


Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:52 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Madcap wrote:
David88 wrote:
prayerandfaith wrote:
If you say so but im not buying it. I have spoke with hundreds of men over the years and if we really trace back our lives we got something funky along the way! Im glad your feeling better but the whole nerve thing , the headache in pelvis thing been there ! done that !years ago and i was full of infection like most of us.
Once you get someone who knows what they are doing , shows you on the screen and then in time it goes away pain wise and seeing the changes on comprehensive color-Doppler it all makes sense.
Good luck Peace And Light!


Do you think people actually had infections or did it just appear that way. Most men don't show any sign of infection, even in the bladder

They also have reported relief from muscle work which would make any difference if it was just an inflammatory problem.

You also have to factor in all the different pain area's, the anal tension, the back pain, etc.

My theory make total sense because it explains all the symptoms.

A bacterial infection couldn't account for all the problems and still make sense


Sorry I don't buy it either. Your theory is just one more unfounded guess as to what causes a problem that has no universally accepted cause or treatment. The majority of men who have prostate problems get over them in a period of time regardless of what treatment or lack of one they choose. The people who continue to deal with this over a period of years are in the minority, buts its a big minority.
What people often overlook is there is not always a cause, or at least not one we understand. The human body was designed to break down and fail. It happens to different people at various ages. Prostatitis is just one of a thousand things that can go wrong.
If a treatment works for you that's great, if you believe it cured you that's great as well, but it carries no more weight than any other theory proposed by the thousands of people who believe they have the answer. The bottom line is there is no one answer, regardless of how many threads you post it in.


I'd like to think we are on this forum because we are trying to take responsibility for recovering from Prostatitis.

I'm sorry that you feel defeated but I think you are maybe just depressed at how complicated it seems to be.

We've landed on the moon. I'm sure we can work out Prostatitis.

If you had any real medical faults with my pathway then I would love to discuss it. It sounds a bit like you have given up though.

What I'd like you to think about is that conventional medicine has been split into a multitude of specialist disciplines. Each one focuses almost entirely on one body part. They also do not readily talk to each other or share information.

As Prostatitis causes problems in so many areas (back, prostate, bladder, neurological, sexual function, rheumatology, etc), you might think that there's a fault in the way the problem is being investigated rather than it being a mysterious, impossible to understand problem.

If you can come up with one fault in my pathway, I'd like to know it.


Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
If I could relieve someone of their terminal illness but could not yet prove it scientifically, would you let me do it?

Does the relief of suffering over weigh the need to fully quantify and understand the treatment.

Is science always right? Aren't we constantly updating what is true and false as Science develops, year on year?

What we have to find in Prostatitis is a logical pathway which fully explains the illness. I believe I've fallen upon it through my exhaustive research from my own illness.

I spent a year lying on the floor, unable to sit. I've been there and got the t-shirt.

If you rely on Scientific Research for a problem that is, at the moment, beyond the capabilities of their analytical tools (MRI, etc), then you have a very long wait for a cure.


Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 pm
Posts: 124
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
Hey like i said before if it works for you God Bless ya! Myself and so many others have been down that path but if your better good for you. As far as our medical system and research dont hold your breath !
Dr. Bahn has reached out to many doctors to try his protocol of injections not one has excepted his offer! Why?? because we live in a world of greed there is not enough money in it for the doctors .
Thats why most of us get 5 mins with a uro and out the door with cipro and if that dont work some say its in our heads i could write a book ! So again if it works for you good that is great . But i know 99% have had a untreated infection that finally blew up!
Peace And Light!!!


Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:59 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 613
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
David88 wrote:

If you can come up with one fault in my pathway, I'd like to know it.


You admit in the post following this one you can't prove your theory, yet you want me to find fault with it. Sorry my friend but there is nothing to disprove because you haven't proved anything. Once again you have a theory, and as I said before, if you believe it, and it works for you, that's great.
All I know is at this time I have no symptoms and am feeling fine. You seem to be doing the same. How we reached that point isn't the issue. Enjoy life, and don't be hurt because someone doesn't agree with you.


Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:37 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
prayerandfaith wrote:
Hey like i said before if it works for you God Bless ya! Myself and so many others have been down that path but if your better good for you. As far as our medical system and research dont hold your breath !
Dr. Bahn has reached out to many doctors to try his protocol of injections not one has excepted his offer! Why?? because we live in a world of greed there is not enough money in it for the doctors .
Thats why most of us get 5 mins with a uro and out the door with cipro and if that dont work some say its in our heads i could write a book ! So again if it works for you good that is great . But i know 99% have had a untreated infection that finally blew up!
Peace And Light!!!


Without shifting this topic onto injections, has Dr Bahn cured all patients of Prostatitis using his injections with no side effects?


Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:42 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I read that he injects steroids? Is that right?

Steroids are to calm down inflammation and would calm the SI Joint, Pudendal Nerve, Prostate, etc.

It could give the problem a temporary respite which is enough to stop the cycle. The conditions would still be there however for it to start up again.


Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:46 pm
Profile

Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm
Posts: 484
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS
I know that men have had their Prostate's and Seminal Vesicles removed and STILL suffered from CPPS.

How would you explain that?


Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 373 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.