Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:35 am



Reply to topic  [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Update! 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:20 am
Posts: 3
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
Hi David88

First of all I’d like to say thank you, your forum post is an absolute credit and vital resource for anyone going through pelvic pain / prostatitis / CPPS / pudendal Neuralgia symptoms.

My main question to you David is... since 2013 would you say you are still completely cured to this day? (now 2018). Would you say you’re completely cured or do you still get the odd niggle here and there over the years or flare ups? Or would you say you’ve achieved complete resolution in symptoms.

My symptoms in order of severity are:
-chronic ‘urge’ to urinate (horrible)
-chronic nerve tingling penis tip (the left side dorsal nerve of the penis which branches off from the pudendal nerve)
-strange sensations in the penis/tip (extremely uncomfortable)
-urethral pressure
-red penis tip (would like your thoughts on this one as I’m similar to Richard1969)
-occasional testicle pain
-occasional general penis pain
-occasional really bad bladder pressure (urinating often 8-10 times at night with horrible pressure in the bladder making the urge intolerable)... this comes on mainly when really stressed I think, but it takes me to my knees every time (I’d put this number 1 actually).

I’m unable to sit down for any length of time without the symptoms increasing or becoming more noticeable i.e. increase in penis tip tingling and urethral pressure (classic pudendal Neuralgia symptom)

The main things which alleviates my symptoms are walking, pacing around, hot baths and laying down flat. Standing still and especially sitting down exacerbate and increase my symptoms.

My symptoms started suddenly in September 2017 with a sharp hook pain at the tip of the penis including urinary urge symptoms. I think I was holding in / clenching the area quite hard at the time and most likely caused some form of trauma to the area, which in turn caused tension and therefore the symptoms to occur. Prior to that I did masturbate a lot.

1.5 months before my symptoms started I developed a hernia like pain near my left testicle due to squeezing a little too hard on the toilet (inguinal hernia pain), but it turned out to just be a muscle tear (I was told this could have affected the pelvic floor muscles due to my lower abs becoming weak)

2 days before my penis symptoms started I started wearing orthotics in my shoes for the first time for a painful right calf issue I was dealing with for 9 years. I never really bothered to sort my right calf pain out (which increases after running) and just got on with getting used to it, but I had some free time so thought I’d get it checked out. They said it’s most likely because my right foot sticks out to the right which has likely caused tension in my calf (due to the twist in foot position putting pressure on it) hence why my calf burns after running due to my right foot protruding outwards. Anyway, they suggested I put orthotics in to try and align the foot to prevent the calf pain. So I put them in my shoes and felt really weird with them in (my hips felt really strange whilst walking) so I took them out after a couple days and thought I’d rather deal with the calf pain then put up with the weird feeling the orthotics gave me in my hips which also altered my gait pattern. Nevertheless, 2 days after wearing orthotics I got all the pelvic pain symptoms mentioned above. Coincidence? Maybe. My muscular skeletal specialist seems to think the orthotics had an effect of bringing on the onset of symptoms.

As a side note I too have Morton’s toe and tinnitus (referring to previous comments on this forum)

I’ve gone through all the usual rigmarole most CPPS patients do with multiple specialists (urologists, neurologists, pelvic floor specialists etc) and got nowhere. Antibiotics didn’t do anything. No trigger points were found internally on my pelvic floor muscles and my prostate was checked and deemed completely normal and fine. My urologist referred me to a nerve specialist because he didn’t think it was prostatitis (prostate related) but more nerve related (pudendal nerve), due to the way I described my penis tip as ‘tingling’. Anything ‘tingling’ implies a nerve is involved he said (either irritated, entrapped, inflamed or damaged).

I’ve been to see an osteopath and was assessed as having a posterior tilted pelvis (swayback when standing) including my right hip being higher than the left (laterally tilted). My right shoulder is also lower than my left. My hamstrings were assessed as being extremely tight and my glute muscles were described as ‘flaccid’ and very weak (in need of strengthening to take pressure off my hips when walking - glutes are essential for waking). He said my sacro-iliac joint was fine. He did dry needling / acupuncture in my buttock muscles, TFL muscles and quads etc.

Now here is where my view changed from my condition being 80% (muscular skeletal) vs 20% (‘could’ still be bacterial) to... 99% (very likely muscular skeletal) vs 1% (could ‘still’ be bacterial - lingering doubt)... the osteopath sticking needles in my muscles with tension and tightness in actually CHANGED my symptoms. He made them temporarily worse after treatment. I developed this weird nerve like ‘nipping’ pain underneath my penis (as a result of his needing) which was a completely NEW never experienced symptom before and my original tingling penis tip altered to more pressure-like. He said this was a good thing because change implies working with the muscles are actually creating effects (albeit in a temporary negative way). This was the kicker for me. If it was in any way bacterial, why would sticking a needle in my Obturator internus muscle change my symptoms if it was bacterial? These changes just wouldn’t happen. The most likely explanation is something changed with my muscle tone/tension and hence changed the pudendal nerves reaction (the pudendal nerve just happens to run through the Obturator Internus muscle and is often a culprit with my type of symptoms, not necessarily the cause, but a likely culprit across the board).

So going back to alignment... my alignment is certainly not up to scratch. I’ve read a few of Katy Bowman’s books and now realise how important alignment is.

That blog post was a HUGE lightbulb moment for me. I read it multiple times including the numerous golden nugget comments and things just clicked from there. It took me away from any thoughts about my condition being ‘bacterial’ in any way, as it makes complete sense that it’s highly likely muscular skeletal (tension in the prime mover muscles located around the pelvic floor I.e. glutes, hips, hamstrings without the pelvic foot muscles themselves being the actual culprit). I think I held too much tension in my pelvic area and the change in gait pattern due to wearing orthotics or the trauma the day it started was the “straw that broke the camels back” so to speak, thus triggering the symptoms. Possibly.

Although... the ONLY thing which niggles me and I mean the ONLY thing which gives me a little bit of doubt in my mind, is my red penis tip (red meatus). It’s the only symptom which sways me 1% to the bacterial side. Otherwise, I’m 99% sure my condition is a muscular/skeletal/alignment/tension related.

David88, is the red penis tip something you can comment on in terms of relating it to muscular/skeletal? It occurred the day my symptoms occurred. I do like Richard1969’s suggestion a few pages back. Also, were your urinary symptoms really bad? I don’t see you mention much about the urinary side. I’d say urinary symptoms are my number 1 hate and penis tip nerve tingling / irritation as number 2... all other symptoms are bearable apart from these 2.

In terms of my feet, mine are: 1) really flat footed, 2) right foot sticks out to the right, 3) Morton’s toe on both feet (if that’s anything related as someone posted), 4) really tight soles so I roll them often with a lacrosse ball (which helps).

Appreciate your thoughts on the above, hope you’re still around mate!

Cheers,

Davches


Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 12:25 am
Posts: 10
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
davches wrote:
Hi David88

First of all I’d like to say thank you, your forum post is an absolute credit and vital resource for anyone going through pelvic pain / prostatitis / CPPS / pudendal Neuralgia symptoms.

My main question to you David is... since 2013 would you say you are still completely cured to this day? (now 2018). Would you say you’re completely cured or do you still get the odd niggle here and there over the years or flare ups? Or would you say you’ve achieved complete resolution in symptoms.

My symptoms in order of severity are:
-chronic ‘urge’ to urinate (horrible)
-chronic nerve tingling penis tip (the left side dorsal nerve of the penis which branches off from the pudendal nerve)
-strange sensations in the penis/tip (extremely uncomfortable)
-urethral pressure
-red penis tip (would like your thoughts on this one as I’m similar to Richard1969)
-occasional testicle pain
-occasional general penis pain
-occasional really bad bladder pressure (urinating often 8-10 times at night with horrible pressure in the bladder making the urge intolerable)... this comes on mainly when really stressed I think, but it takes me to my knees every time (I’d put this number 1 actually).

I’m unable to sit down for any length of time without the symptoms increasing or becoming more noticeable i.e. increase in penis tip tingling and urethral pressure (classic pudendal Neuralgia symptom)

The main things which alleviates my symptoms are walking, pacing around, hot baths and laying down flat. Standing still and especially sitting down exacerbate and increase my symptoms.

My symptoms started suddenly in September 2017 with a sharp hook pain at the tip of the penis including urinary urge symptoms. I think I was holding in / clenching the area quite hard at the time and most likely caused some form of trauma to the area, which in turn caused tension and therefore the symptoms to occur. Prior to that I did masturbate a lot.

1.5 months before my symptoms started I developed a hernia like pain near my left testicle due to squeezing a little too hard on the toilet (inguinal hernia pain), but it turned out to just be a muscle tear (I was told this could have affected the pelvic floor muscles due to my lower abs becoming weak)

2 days before my penis symptoms started I started wearing orthotics in my shoes for the first time for a painful right calf issue I was dealing with for 9 years. I never really bothered to sort my right calf pain out (which increases after running) and just got on with getting used to it, but I had some free time so thought I’d get it checked out. They said it’s most likely because my right foot sticks out to the right which has likely caused tension in my calf (due to the twist in foot position putting pressure on it) hence why my calf burns after running due to my right foot protruding outwards. Anyway, they suggested I put orthotics in to try and align the foot to prevent the calf pain. So I put them in my shoes and felt really weird with them in (my hips felt really strange whilst walking) so I took them out after a couple days and thought I’d rather deal with the calf pain then put up with the weird feeling the orthotics gave me in my hips which also altered my gait pattern. Nevertheless, 2 days after wearing orthotics I got all the pelvic pain symptoms mentioned above. Coincidence? Maybe. My muscular skeletal specialist seems to think the orthotics had an effect of bringing on the onset of symptoms.

As a side note I too have Morton’s toe and tinnitus (referring to previous comments on this forum)

I’ve gone through all the usual rigmarole most CPPS patients do with multiple specialists (urologists, neurologists, pelvic floor specialists etc) and got nowhere. Antibiotics didn’t do anything. No trigger points were found internally on my pelvic floor muscles and my prostate was checked and deemed completely normal and fine. My urologist referred me to a nerve specialist because he didn’t think it was prostatitis (prostate related) but more nerve related (pudendal nerve), due to the way I described my penis tip as ‘tingling’. Anything ‘tingling’ implies a nerve is involved he said (either irritated, entrapped, inflamed or damaged).

I’ve been to see an osteopath and was assessed as having a posterior tilted pelvis (swayback when standing) including my right hip being higher than the left (laterally tilted). My right shoulder is also lower than my left. My hamstrings were assessed as being extremely tight and my glute muscles were described as ‘flaccid’ and very weak (in need of strengthening to take pressure off my hips when walking - glutes are essential for waking). He said my sacro-iliac joint was fine. He did dry needling / acupuncture in my buttock muscles, TFL muscles and quads etc.

Now here is where my view changed from my condition being 80% (muscular skeletal) vs 20% (‘could’ still be bacterial) to... 99% (very likely muscular skeletal) vs 1% (could ‘still’ be bacterial - lingering doubt)... the osteopath sticking needles in my muscles with tension and tightness in actually CHANGED my symptoms. He made them temporarily worse after treatment. I developed this weird nerve like ‘nipping’ pain underneath my penis (as a result of his needing) which was a completely NEW never experienced symptom before and my original tingling penis tip altered to more pressure-like. He said this was a good thing because change implies working with the muscles are actually creating effects (albeit in a temporary negative way). This was the kicker for me. If it was in any way bacterial, why would sticking a needle in my Obturator internus muscle change my symptoms if it was bacterial? These changes just wouldn’t happen. The most likely explanation is something changed with my muscle tone/tension and hence changed the pudendal nerves reaction (the pudendal nerve just happens to run through the Obturator Internus muscle and is often a culprit with my type of symptoms, not necessarily the cause, but a likely culprit across the board).

So going back to alignment... my alignment is certainly not up to scratch. I’ve read a few of Katy Bowman’s books and now realise how important alignment is.

That blog post was a HUGE lightbulb moment for me. I read it multiple times including the numerous golden nugget comments and things just clicked from there. It took me away from any thoughts about my condition being ‘bacterial’ in any way, as it makes complete sense that it’s highly likely muscular skeletal (tension in the prime mover muscles located around the pelvic floor I.e. glutes, hips, hamstrings without the pelvic foot muscles themselves being the actual culprit). I think I held too much tension in my pelvic area and the change in gait pattern due to wearing orthotics or the trauma the day it started was the “straw that broke the camels back” so to speak, thus triggering the symptoms. Possibly.

Although... the ONLY thing which niggles me and I mean the ONLY thing which gives me a little bit of doubt in my mind, is my red penis tip (red meatus). It’s the only symptom which sways me 1% to the bacterial side. Otherwise, I’m 99% sure my condition is a muscular/skeletal/alignment/tension related.

David88, is the red penis tip something you can comment on in terms of relating it to muscular/skeletal? It occurred the day my symptoms occurred. I do like Richard1969’s suggestion a few pages back. Also, were your urinary symptoms really bad? I don’t see you mention much about the urinary side. I’d say urinary symptoms are my number 1 hate and penis tip nerve tingling / irritation as number 2... all other symptoms are bearable apart from these 2.

In terms of my feet, mine are: 1) really flat footed, 2) right foot sticks out to the right, 3) Morton’s toe on both feet (if that’s anything related as someone posted), 4) really tight soles so I roll them often with a lacrosse ball (which helps).

Appreciate your thoughts on the above, hope you’re still around mate!

Cheers,

Davches


Hey bro I'm not David but I believe the red penis tip is just caused by the pudendal nerve irritation I had it too. How is your treatment progressing with the osteopath?


Mon May 21, 2018 6:46 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:38 am
Posts: 182
Location: Emil-Andresen-Straße 12, 22529 Hamburg, Germany
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
MrPK wrote:
I believe the red penis tip is just caused by the pudendal nerve irritation I had it too
What did you do to get rid of it?

_________________
Help yourself and others: https://prostatitis.000webhostapp.com
My Prostatitis/CPPS-Blog: http://prostatitis-cpps-heilen.blogspot.de


Mon May 28, 2018 1:27 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 12:25 am
Posts: 10
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
Whatever wrote:
MrPK wrote:
I believe the red penis tip is just caused by the pudendal nerve irritation I had it too
What did you do to get rid of it?


I used specific Yoga Poses, Awareness technique to find and release tension, Full body deep tissue friction massage, pelvic floor therapy, active release technique, graston technique and dry needling to restricted areas.


Tue May 29, 2018 10:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:20 am
Posts: 3
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
MrPK wrote:
Whatever wrote:
MrPK wrote:
I believe the red penis tip is just caused by the pudendal nerve irritation I had it too
What did you do to get rid of it?


I used specific Yoga Poses, Awareness technique to find and release tension, Full body deep tissue friction massage, pelvic floor therapy, active release technique, graston technique and dry needling to restricted areas.


Hi MrPK,

Thanks for your comment,

I no longer see the oesopath, I just continue with the exercises that he provided me and hoping to get better after a few months of doing them.

I’ve noticed some reduction in the tingling and urinary urge, but still get a lot of discomfort in the penis tip, especially when sitting.

Sitting down is just the worse for me (including when standing really still), penis tip feels really strange with heavy discomfort on the left side, did you have this too when sitting?

As for my red penis tip meatus, the redness is predominantly on the left side and hasn’t changed in 9 month, has your redness completely gone then?

Thanks,

Davches


Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:39 am
Profile

Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 3:34 am
Posts: 6
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
i cant relax my pelvic after i stupidly injured myself with a stupid rubber ( tight penis ring)around my testicle and penis i was curious it felt good at first !! .......i am not a pervert ):

i have for a 1 year now difficulties urinating (bladder neck wont open all the way) ..and defecting (anus wont open all the way ) its like my muscles are locked !!! and my left testicle shrieked in size and also have a movable hard mass attach to it .. doctors said its a cyst , and my penis when semi erect point to the right ...........HELP !!!! I AM JUST 26 ...... i didnt though that it could damage something ... it wasn't painful ... also there was no blood or any of it ... just a compression feeling that felt good sometimes that why i did it until that one night ......no one taking me seriously

what could it be help me anyone ...i hate this condition !!....... you dont even realize how angry i am in the everyday life because of this incident ...... i lost all my friends .....well i can still have a decent erections but only if im touching myself so that something right ? ... i dont get any random erections anymore .. the muscles just too tight for that it feels .... i want to kill everyone i see no kidding - im going to work and then return to sleep and repeat ... and once in a month im going to physiotherapist and it helping a little bit ... but the problems still stays ... and i just keeping on and on and on ..


its worse then cancer !! that it i said it .. way worse , in cancer you at least know what happen to you


Im doomed.... if anyone seeing it - plz man dont do stupid things.. its not worth it i thought im smart ( im a civil engineer )...but well now you see even a graduate B.S can mess up

good evening


Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:19 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 am
Posts: 8
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
hi all. I apologise i have not posted on this forum for a couple of years, it has been a manic few years and didnt help with my old email account being hacked and not being able to log in. first of all, a massive thank you to all who have been posting, sharing our experiences is what helps us all and fingers crossed we all get to the bottom of our issue. since i last posted, i took the advice of david88. Which in a nutshell for me, is that it has allowed me to discover the root cause of my issue relates to an injury to my ankle when i was about 10 years old (i am 34 now). I have had massage on my ankle from andrew croysdale in 2015 and i visited the osteo John Taberman-Pichler then too. the massage on my ankle did help but did not get rid of the problem, while my meeting with John was productive in relation to confirming that all my prostatitis type issues are caused by ankle. since 2015, due to massive events in my personal life, i have continued to struggle with my condition. I havent had much treatment since, just (steroid injections in my ankle which did help x 3) and one session of rolfing (which i did not think was aggressive enough and seemed a bit tame). I have spent approx £10K since 2011 and with money not being easily available, i am reluctant to chuck more at people who are happy to take my money without actually understanding my condition. one thing i have been doing though, is a series of pelvic stretches. these have changed reduced the pain of my symptoms and i would say i am 40% better than the dark days. I am not cured and i am far from being normal. I still have pains in my penis, my back hurts, my ankle burns, pins and needles in my leg, stomach pains, IBS type symptoms and low libido with painful ejaculation. But as i said, this has reduced since the peak of my problems. I also wear a toe straightner sock under my normal socks, these are available on ebay and this too has help massively. i do self massage on my glutes, by raising one leg on to a stool and turning sidewards, this helps too. my next course of action is to find someone who can get to the bottom of my ankle being out of alignment, so far all xrays, scans etc have come back clear. once this is sorted then i can focus on treatment on getting my body aligned. i do have flare ups, for this i have massage on my back, mainly on my glutes and this does help too. I am not presenting you all with a cure, but this is how i 'contain' the problems. i have been suffering since 2011 and 2013/14 was the peak of my darkness, however by getting down to the root cause i.e my ankle, this has helped me massively with my journey. I hope this helps.


Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:06 am
Profile

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:27 am
Posts: 6
Post Re: An Explanation and Cure for a common cause of CPPS - Upd
Hi All, i am a new comer.
I currently having 3 issues and not sure all the issues are related; A paralabral cyst on my left hip, lower back pain, and prostatitis.

It was started in January 2018. I was due for yearly medical checkup, and I was having fever, pelvis nerve pain, and frequent urinary. The GP prescribed me antibiotic and fever medicine. The GP added the prostate test in the report. After a week, I went back to the GP to collect my report, my PSA was 19. The GP referred me to an urologist, I was given two antibiotics; 1 of the antibiotic just for a day and another one for two weeks. After two weeks, I didn’t feel much improvement, then the doctor prescribed me with Xatral for two weeks, and follow by Lyrica for another 1 month. At the meantime, I started to feel pain at my lower back.

Without getting significant improvement, i went to another urologist for second opinion. The doctor prescribed me with Tarivid for 3 weeks and asked me to stop taking the lyrica. I felt much improvement on the pelvis and prostate area after taken the antibiotic but the mild version on the prostate pain still there, the PSA reading is back to 2.5, semen and urine test found no trace of bacteria; but the lower back pain was getting worst. The urologist referred me to an orthopedic.

The first MRI found and unknown on my left pelvis area. The second MRI confirmed a 3.1x5.3x3.7cm paralabral cyst on my left hip. A procedure was done in June 2018 to remove the fluid inside the cyst. The orthopedic advised me to do yoga and plank exercise to reduce the back pain. I thought the chapter was finally closing but the back pain and prostate burning symptoms are coming back slowly. The latest MRI scan on August 2018 found that the cyst size is growing again 2.9x4.9x3.7cm. I went back to the urologist again and I was given Tarivid for another two weeks. The urine test shown no trace of bacteria.

I then gave TCM (traditional Chinese Medicine) a tried for both the back pain and prostatitis. Amazingly my back pain is getting better by the second TCM doctor I met (the first one has little improvement). He used both cupping and acupuncture method. By consuming the herbal medicine by the TCM doctor and Prostanex (Found this online prostate.net), my prostatitis symptoms have reduced. But then the prostate area pain is slowly coming back but I can feel that not really prostate because the pain and pressure is much higher.

In late September 2018, I seek second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon, he helped me to drain the fluid from the cyst again. He told me that if the pain come back again, he will help me to remove the cyst permanently.

Now, after two week, I started to feel a bit pelvis pain and more frequent urination again. I am not sure the pelvis pain is caused by too many trips to the toilet or not. I have stopped taken the TCM herbal medicine since the procedure to remove the fluid of the cyst. I am going to start taking back now. At the meantime, I think I am going to start taking Cranberry extract and D-Mannose for uninary tract health.


Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:46 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.