Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Help? 

Post Help?
Hi,

I am afraid I am now suffering from prostatitis. I am 34 years old and this started when I was 33 years old. No bacteria culture could ever be found in my urine nor semen cultures however after I took some doxycycline for 15 days with some amoxicillin (5 days) the sharp pain I was feeling around my genitals disappeared and I am now left with a constant dull pain and discomfort which gets worse when I am about to urinate. I feel the urge to urinate since this has started much more often.

Please could you give me your recommendation for what I should ask my urologist or my generalist?

Thanks so much for your help in fighting this disease.

Lloyd

Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:33 pm

Post Re: Help?
At this stage you probably want to ask if your doctor thinks it could be prostate cancer. He is going to want to be sure himself what he is treating since the antibiotic did not effect a total cure. You will probably get a cystoscopy to eliminate the possibility of strictures or bladder cancer and the possibility of Interstitial Cystitis. When every other possibility is eliminated and he is sure it is prostatitis I expect he will try more antibiotic possibly combined with pain control. Ask if a muscle relaxant would help or something like Uroxatrol or Flomax, which are sometimes used along with antibiotics.
Do not take this as medical advice as I am not a doctor.

Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]