Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Guys, I think I am almost through this. 

Post Guys, I think I am almost through this.
Hey all, just wanted to thank everyone for all the support over the years, it has been a rough time with lots of ups and downs. I have been off of all antibiotics for around two years now and I've still have had random bouts of inflammation, but those have been farther and farther apart. I believe the regimen I'm currently doing has helped lessen the symptoms. Also, every time my girl and I would have unprotected sex before, I'd get what felt like a urinary tract infection. That has now cleared up as well for the most part, with issues appearing only 5% of the time and after two to three days those symptoms naturally clear with no intervention. We've been unprotected for about a month now.

Here's what I am doing, hope it can help you:

Cleaned up my diet, went mostly organic with grass fed meats. I try to limit fruits to berries only, the occasional green apple (low in sugar), and a random tangerine when cravings get really bad. I eat dark chocolate bars randomly as well, usually 72% or higher, because it's also low in sugar, and you can just eat a little bit here and there. The actual sugar content in one section of a dark chocolate bar is less than some fruits. Aside from that, I eat a medium sized bowl of homemade yogurt nearly every day as it's high in probiotics. I've been following this diet for about two months. I can tell you this, from my experience, herxheimer effect is real, but you have to push through it to completely heal.

I take a supplement called ReMag (pico-ionic magnesium) usually every two-three days depending on where I feel I'm at in terms of side effects. If I start getting foggy headed from that, I back off and discontinue for a while and I'm good. From what I've been able to tell, it has relaxed my pelvic floor as things down there appear flaccid instead of shriveled when I'm not in the mood. This also helps with gastritis as it seems to relax the digestive sphincters.

I'm also taking another supplement called PepzinGI which helps with digestive issues (gastritis), but it's got zinc in it which may be helping the prostate stuff also.

The last supplement I'm taking is vitamin k2, but I usually forget to take that one often.

Aside from all that, if things get really bad, I take 0.2mg flomax to calm things down, but I haven't had to do that in quite some time. I also try to make sure to not take that while I'm taking ReMag as I am super cautious about mixing supplements and medications. It's never a good idea to mix supplements and medications unless you have done thoroughly extensive research to make sure you aren't messing yourself up.

Also, getting up and moving around a lot instead of sitting has helped as well. That combined with a lot more sunlight for natural vitamin D production.

What I am doing may be helping, but it may be a case of prostatitis just clearing up itself over time like we've seen before.

Side note: I have had a decent spike in libido as a result of all this.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:31 pm

Post Re: Guys, I think I am almost through this.
Ah, forgot to mention, I cut out wheat, rice, soy, and corn from my diet as well. I've been eating buckwheat for fiber, and quinoa sometimes as well.

Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 pm

So you've had this on/off for 12 years or so according to your posts? Not sure I can wait that long. May I ask how old you are, and if you have calcifications? Removal is looking more and more attractive with new method used by London surgeon that reduces side effects greatly.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:26 pm

Yeah, I've had it on and off for around 12 years, early 40's. They did find calcifications. I'd give the route I described a try for a few months before going surgical.

I spoke with a gastroenterologist a while back who had a prostatectomy performed due to prostate cancer. I asked him...so, what is life like now? He said his orgasms were weak, and there was little to no ejaculate. Another older guy I spoke with said he had no problems, but that it would be nearly impossible to impregnate his wife.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:40 pm

What about potatoes and sweet potatoes? I'm trying a semi-paleo diet and sometimes I include rice and whole rice. I also eat potatoes and sweet potatoes. But I'm not sure if that is good to this condition.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:10 am

Hey Chav,

Yeah man...basically what I was doing was the anti-candida diet, with a few tweaks to deal with sugar cravings, but after a month or so, those went away. I combined that diet with a ton of organic homemade yogurt, plus this ReMag stuff, and just more activity, plus natural sunlight.

As for the diet, rice, potatoes, and sweet potatoes feed fungal and bad bacteria. The diet I was doing was grass fed / antibiotic free meats (if I could get them) and organic veggies along with buckwheat and quinoa to keep digestion going. I tried to eliminate all sugars, and things that convert to sugars for a while, probly a month or so at least while loading on fermented foods. The yogurt we were making was cultured for 24 hours...the good bacteria eats all the lactose (milk sugars). Making your own yogurt is easy, just need to buy the little incubator machine, some organic milk, and the cultures, then let it sit for 24 hours.

You could also add immune boosting supplements, that was something I didn't really try. Might've made things work faster though. The change I noticed came when my girl and I began to have unprotected sex after about a month of this regimen...and I no longer got the uti issues which was routine before.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:55 pm

I'm not a fat guy and I crave more salty things that sweet ones, but if I don't eat potatoes, rice or another glucose source for many hours I feel weak and sometimes I have tremblings and a strong sugar craving that stops if I eat chocolate or something sweet. My general doctor told me that if glucose goes too low you can have grave problems like losing conscience. Is that what most concerns me.

Also, I tend to feel that something is lacking if I'm several days only eating vegetables, fruits, fish and meat.

And about dairies I'm now quitting them. I don't know if I should include yogurts or not. There is a lot of information on the internet and one gets confused.

Maybe I should change potatoes and rice for yogurts? Could that compensate the glucose cravings?

Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:32 pm

Yeah man, I'm sure you could adapt it a bit. You could even give the GAPS diet (meats, veggies, fruits) a try for a while. That diet includes fruits but eliminates all grains, rice, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. From there, just mega load on the fermented foods including homemade yogurt, which eliminates sugar. That might be an easier one for you to try out as your glucose fix would come from fruits.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Ok, thank you. I'll give it a try.

Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]