Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Lyme Disease 

Post Lyme Disease
I was diagnosed with Prostatitis in 2014 and went through the standard treatment (antibiotics for a couple of months with no improvement) . I always felt mine was muscular related as I have an obvious pelvic disorder which also causes anal fissures.

In 2018 I started getting nerve pain between pelvis and chest. Each month this pain was spread into a new area and as of now it is effecting my entire body and I'm suffering alot. Someone suggested I get tested for Lymer Disease which I did on the NHS and it came back negative. I then sent bloods to Armin Labs in Germany and it came back positive.

Chronic Lyme Disease is a controversial subject - please do your own research.

However, I do believe I have this and now thinking it could also be the cause of Prostatitis (in my case). Urologists usually argue it's an infection and now knowing what I know about Lyme Disease I believe this could be a common cause. Standard methods of testing won't identify chronic Lyme Disease so this could explain why there has not been many studies to correlate the two. It also would make sense why Urlogists even though they believe it is an infection can't identify what infection it is.

Please do your own research into chronic Lyme Disease. If you have not got anywhere with your Prostatitis pain then I would suggest you ask your GP for a NHS Lyme test which will probably come back negative. Then get tested at Armin Labs in Germany (cost around £600) and see if this comes back positive.

It would be very interesting to see if others on this forum also get a positive test for Lyme.

NHS does not accept the results from Armin Labs and does not recognise chornic Lyme (only acute). I'm on the waiting list to see an infectious disease consultant who specializes in Lyme in Dublin. There is no cure for Lyme but treatment options exist which in the most people brings a 70-80% improvement in the pain. Treatment consists of combination of antibiotics and antiviral drugs for around a year.

Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:33 am

Post Re: Lyme Disease
Would be interested to here how your CLyme is being treated, and if that treatment has an impact on your CPPS.

Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]