Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Understanding My prostatitis issue 

Post Understanding My prostatitis issue
Hello
I am new here and looking for help.
The issues all started around October of 2019.
I awoke early am 2 or 3 am with urge to urinate and burning also bladder discomfort, urinated and felt like i had to go again
also burning after sex/ejaculation.
over 2-3 days i couldn't sleep as i was getting up every 10 minutes or so and finally thinking i had a uti.
So i visited the ER and they did UA and all came back normal no blood in urine also blood was drawn all normal and i they
did a CT scan with contrast to rule out any kidney stones or anything else CT scan was unremarkable beside
it showed l4-l5 l5-s1 2 bulging disc with possible nerve impingement back hurts from old work injury/Ems as does my tail bone.
I was sent home with bactrim as they did a Digital rectal exam and said your prostate is a little large but nothing out of the normal"
my PSA was normal range at 0.53 as my age is 37.
The bactrim 5 day course didn't help.
My issue with frequent urniation and burning has come and gone lasts for about a week or so then is gone for weeks like 10 or more.
Within the last 8 months i've had 3 flare ups and was referred to Urology they also did PSA came back normal also.
Urology put me on flomax for bph my urologist said it could be prostatitis or acute prostatitis but he's only seen real prostatitis is his whole career twice.
So i used flomax for about a week discontinued as the side effects were unpleasant dizzy and blurry vision.
recently a month ago the issue flared up and went to my new doctor did a DRE and prostate was tender and enlarged he put me on Cipro 2X a day for 10 days
for prostatitis all burning and frequent urination went away also my UA was clean to bacteria.
I am wondering if this could be chronic prostatitis or bacterial? as all UA test have been clean.
Currently i am symptom free for over 3 weeks now this whole ordeal has been chaotic any help would be appreciated.

Wed May 27, 2020 10:54 pm

Post Re: Understanding My prostatitis issue
have you looked at your sexual history?

i think our society is wrong in not telling young men Oral Sex can transmit bacteria into the mucous membrane of the uretha.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]