Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 penis pulls inward 

Post penis pulls inward
Hopefully this isn't too much information. I am a 20+ year sufferer of prostatitis. Been through about everything at Uro. I have been offered to try the turp have not decided yet. Does anyone notice that their penis pulls inward as if the muscles are contracting during a prostatitis flareup? When I start having prostate pain and difficulty with urination I notice my penis contracts (pulls inward) and tightens up. Once I get to my 4th day of antibiotics it seems to start to relax and the pain subsides. I can usually tell fairly quickly if the antibiotics are going to knock it down or not. Usually after the 7th day of antibiotics it has all subsided and relaxed and my penis starts hanging normally if you know what I mean. Antibiotics are not as effective as they used to be. I could take a course and I was good for several months but now it seems to be occurring more frequently.

Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:15 pm

Post Re: penis pulls inward
Penis shrinkage happens during flare ups for me as well.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:42 pm

Yes. Would this indicate a muscular contraction / problem that pulls the penis in and not bacteria?

Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:47 pm

I can always tell before any pain/infection shows up by how good my urine stream is and how its hanging. Thanks for the input. Sorry you get this crap also.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 9:50 pm

I have pelvic muscle contraction and smooth muscle contraction no doubt about that. That all showed up after repeated infections. Its not something that bothers me or keeps me up just some tension. When I have the pulling in and the split urine stream thats my warning. It proceeds to severe perineum pain sometimes blood during ejaculation.

Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:56 am

littlejoe wrote:
Hopefully this isn't too much information. I am a 20+ year sufferer of prostatitis. Been through about everything at Uro. I have been offered to try the turp have not decided yet. Does anyone notice that their penis pulls inward as if the muscles are contracting during a prostatitis flareup? When I start having prostate pain and difficulty with urination I notice my penis contracts (pulls inward) and tightens up. Once I get to my 4th day of antibiotics it seems to start to relax and the pain subsides. I can usually tell fairly quickly if the antibiotics are going to knock it down or not. Usually after the 7th day of antibiotics it has all subsided and relaxed and my penis starts hanging normally if you know what I mean. Antibiotics are not as effective as they used to be. I could take a course and I was good for several months but now it seems to be occurring more frequently.

TURP at 20+ !! you wont able to have a children through regular way

Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:03 pm

Gotta fix your flora man. Get on a candida diet, and start to eat a lot of kefir, or yogurt every day. If you can get it raw, that works even better. Cardio as well will get the blood flowing to the area, the muscles will relax again once properly trained and strengthened. Throw in some vitamin k2 to go with the dairy. I'd get off the antibiotics if they're not completely resolving the issue permanently, you can seriously end up with far far worse things than prostatitis.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:17 pm

20 + years of prostatitis and way over 50. If I have another kid I would be devastated.

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Healthy gut flora proliferates to the prostate.

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:12 pm

I've had the pulling, and while using Flomax it got worse than I had it before. But it was the second course of Flomax I did, whereas the 1st course was fine. I think it has to do with the musculature and nerves. Inflammation produces a variety of consequential problems, and one is tightening / tensing of tissues, such as in the case of a cut or bad abrasion on the arm, where skin around the wound tightens and becomes thicker / harder while scarring is formed. So, it could be a sign of healing, but I wouldn't bet on it being a full healing sign to be cautious. Try to relax more, breathe deeper and inhale thru the nose / out thru the mouth, stretch legs / back / abs / neck, drink water a bit more or drink something other than high-acid stuff, and rest between tasks / work activities. One final suggestion: get a massage from a professional masseuse with experience and skill in myofascial release.

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:04 pm

Thanks for the acknowledgment Presto. Been battling this for long time, sure gets old. I hate taking the flomax but it does lessen the stinging. It worked great in the beginning 3-4 years ago but not sure it is working anymore besides clogging up my nose. Dr. also put me on finasteride to see if that would calm it down. It took 9 months but it has settled it somewhat. Thought about quitting the flomax to see how the finasteride worked alone. I just started this NAC couple weeks ago but its too early to tell if its working. I would like to not take anything I hate being a pill popper. I shouldn't be complaining because a lot of people have it worse than I do. I'm seriously considering the Turp surgery though as my prostate is somewhat enlarged anyway. Current misery is a burning, stinging sacrum. Not sure if its my prostate.
Cheers!

Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:50 pm

Well, I'm 37, if that's a consolation at all. I was diagnosed with, and thought with certainty that I had, chronic non-bacterial prostatitis. Yet physical therapy (myofascial release, stretching, exercises, stationary bike), saw palmetto, a measly broccoli juice attempt, OTC pain relievers, and some other stuff didn't work sufficiently. Physical therapy worked the best of all, but still didn't have long-term, full healing effect to get rid of the pain and other issues. It calmed some for a time, and it's partly my fault that I didn't continue stretching, yet it's difficult to stretch when it can exacerbate pain too. I'm on Medicaid so I'm limited in terms of tests I have access to...and though I think it would be a great idea to get tested via MicroGenDX or similar lab, it wouldn't be the only action to resolve the issues, so I have to get the timing right somewhat. Thanks for explaining, and may the condition be removed effectively and painlessly.

Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:54 pm

Muscles and ligaments of pelvic floor and around prostate have been affected probably from initial infection. Work on your pelvic floor and core and in time you should notice improvement. After years of suffering and thinking logically ( I am a dentist so have some medical knowledge and research skills ) I found that it was the surrounding muscles and ligaments and their response to my initial infection that caused my symptoms.

Not every case is the same as the muscles and ligaments affected will differ from person to person.
i got a new high quality mattress, worked my core and got relief after 4 years of hell. Initially I only had pain relief during erections but found that if I walked around tensing my abs and clenching my ass I also felt relief. Unfortunately I had so much Cipro that it no longer is effective on me for even minor infections.
Find a physio etc. that concentrates on pelvic floor and core and I'm sure you will find relief.

Mon May 04, 2020 12:20 pm

Thanks Laxdentist,

I agree with everything you said. I've had a potential breakthrough for my prostatitis symptoms. I didn't want to post yet because I was unsure if it was working or not. I had an annual primary physician appointment 2 months ago. I had asked for this drug before just to try. She wrote me a prescription for gabapentin. Been taking for 70 days now. I felt immediate relief in 2 days and have been doing very good so far. My ejaculations are not great but the absence of pain afterwards is something I haven't experienced in years. Some of that could be side effects of drug. I have quit the finasteride and flomax. The penis pulling has almost went away also. I thought for sure that quitting the flomax would really affect me but I hardly noticed.
I cant believe the difference so far. Not sure about gabapentin side effects either but I havent noticed much.

Mon May 04, 2020 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]