Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 How to get most out of antibiotics? What to consider? 

Post How to get most out of antibiotics? What to consider?
Sorry for the long post ahead, but I’d appreciate any advice! Giving it another try to get rid of it now, read almost every post on here and other websites, anything else to add to help get rid of it?

Since unprotected Sex in 10/2016, I’m having problems 3,5 years now, the first 1,5 years only urethritis and after a cystoscopy it became a prostatitis. Have tried lots of methods without luck so far, lots of antibiotics, countless urologists, natural practitioners, acupuncture, countless supplements, herbal teas, diet changes, etc. Nothing could get rid of it so far.

Now kinda being on my wit’s end, the continuous problems have cost me huge amount of time (doctors, constantly reading to solve the problem), money (doctors, supplements, etc.), life quality (tired, less productive, not concentrated).

Been tested last year positive for Mycoplasma hominis & Ureaplasma parvum at an urology clinic.
My last test didn’t show them (no idea why not showing up, but often didn't show up previously) , but leucocytes are still high in the urine.
So now as I’m currently staying at home due to the Coronavirus, I’ll give it another try in April 2020, haven’t taken any ABX since Januar 2019. All the herbal stuff, juicing, etc didn’t help. So I’ll give it a last shot with antibiotics.

So far I had lots of antibiotics:
* Unprotected Sex ——> painful urethra, discharge
- Cefixime 800mg one time,
- Doxycycline, 100mg, twice a day, 3 day course,
- Ciprofloxacin, 250mg, twice a day, 5 days,
- Ciprofloxacin, 500mg, twice a day, 8 days,

- Azithromycin 1500mg, one time
- Sultamicin, 375mg, twice a day, 10 days
- Metroidazol 400mg, twice a day, 7 days
- Fosfomycin, 300mg, every other day, 3 times
*Cystoscopy ——> Prostate Problems start
- Doxycyline, 100mg, twice a day, 10 days
- Trimethorim, 100mg, twice a day, 15 days
- Amoxicillin, 875mg, twice a day, 10 days
- Moxifloxacin, 400mg, once a day, 27 days

When I first had it, Cipro got rid of it, discharge disappeared and completely symptom-free during the course and some days after, unfortunately came back again few days after. Had some minor side effects (leg cramps, tingling, etc. so I didn’t take it more, if I would have known that I would still have problems 3,5 years later… I would have taken more back then no matter what).
Many of them aren’t helpful for Mycoplasma hominis and Ureaplasma parvum at all. Of the ones that should be: Doxycyline, Azythromycin might have been not long enough course . During the 10 day course of Doxy had no improvement. No idea why 27 days of Moxifloxacin didn’t do the trick. Haven’t been symptom free since the Ciprofloxacin.
So what’s my next step Antibiotics:
- Minocyline, 100mg, twice a day, for 4 weeks
- Pristinamycin, 4g a day, for 2 weeks
- Levofloxacin, 500mg a day, for 4 weeks
- Clindamycin, 600mg a day, 4 weeks
These are the options I’m considering at the moment, not sure wether to take them in combination. One of the doctors recommended me Minocyline + Levofloxacin, but as I had already problems with the Cipro, I’m a bit worried about the possible side-effects. Also if the Moxifloxacin didn’t help, is there a possibility that the Levofloxacin could get rid of it?

What else could I do to improve a good outcome?
- taking the ABX on an empty stomach,
- frequent ejaculations,
- no caffeine, sugar, cigarettes, alcohol for the month,
- abstain from eating meet,
- daily Sitz baths to get the blood flowing in the area,
- daily walk for the same reason,
- Prostate self-massage,
- Stretches.
- NAC for Biofilms?

When taking Tadalafil I currently experience less problems for a few days, would it be helpful to take it during the ABX course, as it increases blood flow?
Also, how about Tamsulosin?

I also wonder if it would be helpful:
- to reduce carbohydrates during?
- do intermittent fasting during the course (like only have one meal a day)?
- drink some herb teas, liquorice root, cats claw, uva ursi, knotweed, nettle, etc?
- Broccoli broth?
- take any other supplements with it, Zinc, Quercetin, Bromelain, Saw Palmetto, Ginseng,

Any other suggestions what to do to increase the likelihood of an effective outcome?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:42 pm

Post Re: How to get most out of antibiotics? What to consider?
based on my history

antibiotics kill sexually transmitted disease, they do not
have any long term positive effect on “itis”

Do not waste time or money chasing broccoli juice
etc.....

something down there has run amok...nerves, muscles, or
an inflammatory process that cannot be determined through
medical tests.Drugs are mostly useless.

After battling this for going on 10 years I have
accepted my condition but I won’t put up with it much
longer. I am debilitated and I curse the good lord.

Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]