forum.prostatitis.org
http://forum.prostatitis.org/

So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle
http://forum.prostatitis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2692
Page 1 of 1

Author:  racebannon [ Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:59 pm ]
Post subject:  So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

rectal spasm pushing on prostate and referring pain
up into bladder and pelvic region

That’s what colo rectal doc thinks.

Apparently my puborectalus is hypertonic

I want to swear

Author:  JoeW [ Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

Maybe so. Muscle tension in this area can also be a reaction to prostate pain. Have you received a proper microbiological workup for prostatitis, including prostate massage and culturing of the expressed prostatic secretions?

Author:  scorsese [ Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

It is never the prostate. It is always neuromuscular. Good luck.

Author:  JoeW [ Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

This thorough analysis says otherwise: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... facts.org/

Author:  racebannon [ Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

JoeW wrote:
Maybe so. Muscle tension in this area can also be a reaction to prostate pain. Have you received a proper microbiological workup for prostatitis, including prostate massage and culturing of the expressed prostatic secretions?


I have not
My Urologist doesn’t do that what the h am I supposed
to do it’s next to impossible to get a new referral to
someone else

Author:  JoeW [ Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

Prostate specialist Doctor Bahn in California, now retired, never needed any referral - I just called his office and they made appointments. You need a prostate specialist. I do not know which part of Canada you are in - if you are in Eastern Canada this office may be of service http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... atitis.ca/. I have not worked with them personally but I have seen good reports for them on this forum.

Author:  WS1234 [ Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

JoeW wrote:
This thorough analysis says otherwise: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... facts.org/


This is a garbage study that has been refuted by many legitimate ones. Toronto Prostatitis Center has a low success rate anecdotally (I had a year worth of treatments) and injection therapy like Bahn have very few success stories. Your chasing something that isnt there.

Author:  elias [ Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

racebannon wrote:
rectal spasm pushing on prostate and referring pain
up into bladder and pelvic region

That’s what colo rectal doc thinks.

Apparently my puborectalus is hypertonic

I want to swear

=========================

Hi Racebannon:

Do you have a referral to pelvic floor dysfunction physical therapist or physical therapy center? Pelvic symptoms can be referred all over the place, involve many muscles, and even cause severe urinary symptoms. A good PT would work with entire groupings of muscles , nerves etc...not just one..

I believe you've had surgery in the bladder neck years back? Correct me if I'm wrong..That kind of trauma, as well as things such as healed infections--even if long in the past-- can lead to something called "central sensitization". Not sure I can explain this. But pain like that can be through the roof and beyond..A good PT should understand this..

I'm considering finding a a good pelvic floor dysfunction PT. Personally, I plan to avoid urologists at all costs...But thats just me..

Best wishes
~elias~

Author:  JoeW [ Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:13 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: So it’s not my prostate it’s my rectal muscle

WS1234 wrote:
JoeW wrote:
This thorough analysis says otherwise: http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... facts.org/


This is a garbage study that has been refuted by many legitimate ones..


You have made this kind of comment before with zero evidence to back it up. Let us see a link - give it your best shot.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/