Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post Mycoplasma Ureaplasma Infection: Staphylococcus Aureus 

Post Post Mycoplasma Ureaplasma Infection: Staphylococcus Aureus
It's been 2 years since I got that unprotected BJ from a Chinese massage girl and picked up a nice antibiotic resistant Mycoplasma infection and then a case of Chronic prostatitis. Not a day has gone by that I don't think about it and there have been some dark freaking days during those 2 years. I did this to myself being the worst part of it. So I owe it to myself to continue looking for a solution.

I had a really bad flare up in September - couldn’t sit due to pain, couldn’t think, was pissing like a race horse - went to the doc who found a "Staphylococcus Aureus” infection after an Expressed Prostate Secretion culture and urine test. Pus cells and mucus threads. Interestingly it is also resistant to numerous ABX including Cipro, Tetracyclines, Norfloxacin (which I have never taken), and Tarivid (which I have never taken).

My wife and I are still having sex with a condom and will continue to do so until we either cure my prostatitis or we get divorced so not sure where this came from.

New doctor put me on 2 weeks of Bactrim and Flagyl and I felt so good for 45 days after…God I felt cured. It was amazing. I was so happy.

And then it came back so slowly. So he put me on 2 weeks of Cefitul which I finished, but it never felt as good as the Bactrim and Flagyl and I always felt 'leaky' and still some dripping and frequency. Finished the course anyway. I was traveling for work so couldn't see him for a week and of course the wolf is at the door again (pain sitting, leaking after urine, pain in tip, etc.)

Soooo, I have been doing some research and seems a 4-6 week course of Bactrim could have been offered for a Staphylococcus Aureus infection. Damn it. Why didn't he give me a 4 week course of Bactrim to begin with?!

Ok, so I am going to go for another 15 days of Bactrim only. Evaluate. Then go for 15 more days for a total of 30 days of Bactrim. Will take a probiotic in between the tabs. Will also do a self massage daily 1 hour after taking the Bactrim. Am going to not drink any alcohol and will try to clean up my diet with some more fiber and fish.

Anyone else do 30-days of Bactrim before?

Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:03 pm

Post Re: Post Mycoplasma Ureaplasma Infection: Staphylococcus Aur
Yes I did, it did nothing but I don’t know what I have as far as bacteria
other than no STI or UTI

here I am

How the heck do I find a doctor who will express my
prostate. My Urologist doesn’t do it.

Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:13 pm

race: man, I got soooo lucky and Doyneof Castle here recommended a doctor to me because we live in the middle east and health care here is not as good as in the US. If i were you I would start googling doctors and calling and emailing to find one. There is a list of doctors on the site I think as well.

Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Update: feeling better but improvement is not as good as first round with bactrim and flagyl. Still pain in tip and dripping after urination and pain sitting.

-On day 30 of 400mg flagyl and bactrim 800mg. Twice daily (every 12 hours).
-Plus an alpha blocker daily.
-Have done prostate massages each week.
-Ejaculation every other day for past 2 weeks
-Started soaking in a hot bath past daily for past 1 week.
-Added vitamin E and zinc past 3 days

Going in for a prostate massage and HPS (high power screen) of EPS this weekend to see colony size, RBC, WBC and pus levels.
-Will ask doc to continue antibiotics for 15 more days.

Then will take 1 month off and re-evaluate.

Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Update: Great news. Only symptom remaining are a few drops after urinating which might be normal. I never thought about urine dripping before I brought this disease on myself! But I have had so many cotton buds jammed up my uretha and had urethis so bad 2 years ago that I wouldn't be surprised if the uretha were damaged. No pain. No urgency, Normal urination frequency. 99.5% I would say. Please God, don't bring it back. I have learned.

PROGRAM
-for 30 days I took 400mg flagyl and bactrim 800mg. Twice daily (every 12 hours).
-Plus an alpha blocker daily.
-Weekly prostate massage from Urologist
-Ejaculation every other day via masturbation or sex
-Started soaking in a hot bath daily and then every other day
-2 weeks ago added vitamin E and Zinc
-15 days ago I dropped the flagyl dose down to 200mg 2x daily (bactrim still 800 mg 2x daily (increase vitamin e and zinc)
-probiotic 5-6 hours after antibiotics during day only
-diet: 1 small coffee each day. trying to stick to fruit and veg with little meat. Water mostly.
-all symptoms really only cleared up 2 weeks ago.

LAST MICROBIOLOGY 31 JAN
EPS Screen
NO Staph Aureus bacteria (or any other bacteria)!
Pus Cells - 10-15/hpf (high power field)
RBD - 1-2/hpf
Epi Cells - 2-3 hpf

URINE ANALYSIS
Pus Cells 20-22/hpf (normal range 0-5/hpf)
RBCs 7-8 /hpf (normal range 0-3/hpf)
Epi Cells 1-2/hpf

Doctor thinks might be some bacteria hiding out.

14 DAYS
I am going to continue the ABX for 14 more days with weekly massage and ejaculation every other day to flush out the prostate totally. Will continue with daily hot soaks as well...basically extend my program 14 more days to double tap the bacteria. This will mean I have been on ABX for about 55 days...not optimum but so far, touch wood, I am ok. Then 30 days no ABX and will go In for a prostate massage and EPS Culture.

PROSTATE MASSAGE
The massage I feel is key. Without the massage it seems the ABX just can't get into the prostate.

HOUSE OF THE RISING SUN
The irony being that a cheap Chinese massage with a happy ending was the start of this all 2 years ago. Let this be a lesson to us and share it with your male friends. Now I know what the Animals were singing about.

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:01 pm

I think the injection have more penetration to prostate than pills ,AMIKACIN was given for 5 days BID and it was fine however S.aureus was come out in semen culture ,I need to do PCR but how long I need to stop the ABX to get accurate results ?need to send it ASAP before weather got hot and sample will cook in fedex .

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:45 pm

Back again.

Pain in ischia muscle (ie, pain in the butt)
Frequent urination.
Dripping after urination.

Will need to go back to the drawing board.
Going to change up diet and take a look at what Doyne is suggesting.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:48 am

I'm not sure how a diet change will help you clear a bacterial infection that complicates your condition by altering more tissue for each day. Your "ischia muscle" pain - I am guessing - is concentrated to one side of your body only, suggesting seminal vesicle inflammation rather than some issues with ischias.

Bactrim is the worst possible antibiotic for prostatitis. The sulfa compound does not even penetrate the prostate, and you only have some moderate action from the trimethoprim that rarely cures prostatitis.

Tarivid and norfloxacin are closely related to ciprofloxacin, and cross-resistance occurs.

It appears unclear which bacteria causes this, since you appear to not have consistent positive results from the lab. However, if it is some multi-resistent staphylococcus aureus, you should be looking into moxifloxacin, possibly even with combination of azithromycin for several reasons, including that you have a history of ureaplasma. Secondly, clindamycin could be considered.

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:53 pm

Hi Goran,
your website is a good read. I've taken plenty of moxifloxacin in the past. i wonder if this isn't a yeast issue I am having as i am having some of the same troubles you had (lumpy, stringy, jelly like semen) and others.

Listen, can you do us a favor and post the names of the 2 urologists who helped you in the "doctors" area here on the forum?

Good urologists are hard to find.

AC

Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:27 pm

AC1972 wrote:
Hi Goran,
your website is a good read. I've taken plenty of moxifloxacin in the past. i wonder if this isn't a yeast issue I am having as i am having some of the same troubles you had (lumpy, stringy, jelly like semen) and others.

Listen, can you do us a favor and post the names of the 2 urologists who helped you in the "doctors" area here on the forum?

Good urologists are hard to find.

AC

Hi,

one of my surgeons still can not perform surgery at the moment. The second one is actually retired and asked me to not refer other patients to him. With that said, he did not perform anything spectacular, he just used a traditional TURP for a new indication.

I know many of you are americans and this doctor appears to be doing HoLEP removal of prostatic tissue. It is just like a TURP, but less invasive with less scarring and bleeding. It also allows for more prostatic tissue to be removed, for those that have more extensive infections than I had.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... ology.com/

ADMIN NOTE: I must be careful with URLs to websites, otherwise this site becomes flooded with links to any and every place. Not all links will be approved.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]