Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Possible Prostatitis but not convinced..yet 

Post Possible Prostatitis but not convinced..yet
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and I appreciate reading many of experiences people have had with dealing with this illusive disease.

I have be battling with so many different symptoms for the last 7 maths that I'm still not convinced I have Prostatitis or maybe I do along with my gut issues.

My Story:

Back in April 2019 all of a sudden I started urinating way too often as prior to this I was like a camel and could hold my pee forever if I needed to. This frequent urination started becoming more severe meaning it was starting to burn and my bladder was becoming very irritated and inflamed beyond anything I've experienced. My first step to figure what was going on was of course to see my doctor. We checked my blood work (std test, hormone, etc.), urine culture, ultrasound of the prostate and I was given a one dose antibiotic in case of a UTI. Obviously the antibiotics did not work and the symptoms started becoming more severe and the discomfort was now radiating into my lower abdomen. However my PSA was 3.4 (0-4 range) which indicated something going on. My doc did refer me to a urologist and a cystoscopy was performed. Urologist determined I do not have anything wrong with my bladder or BPH but possible prostatitis and suggested ibuprofen for the inflammation. I was really bothered by the recommendation as the discomfort I was feeling was beyond anything a couple of ibuprofen can fix.

Basically my symptoms at the time were as follows:
- frequent urination (up to 20 times a day and night)
- burning in my urinary tract
- full on pee pressure (no dribble or delay when starting)
- bladder and abdomen very irritated
- feeling of constant pressure on my bladder
- weight loss even though I was eating constantly (also had no appetite); seemed to primarily water loss as my body was not holding on top water
- extreme fatigue after urination or BM; draining feeling instead of relief that comes with eliminating
- no libido obviously due to the physical feeling
- cold feeling in my penis/ groin area as if no circulation was getting there
- poor circulation throughout my body and it was summer time
- muscles not holding onto glycogen or water; typically I was get a good pump into my muscles but I was feeling flat although my strength was increasing quite a bit

Aside from these symptoms, I wasn't having any typical prostatitis symptoms (ie, pelvic pain, golf ball, urethral discharge, pain during ejaculation, blood in urine, back pain, etc.). This was about 2-3 mths into my issues and I had ruled out Prostatitis.

At this point I was becoming very disheartened, as I wasn't improving. I started seeing a naturopath and homeopath who both told me I was burnt out due to work and mental stress on my body over the last 5-6 years (ie, owner of a successful growing business, newborn, very ill father I was taking care of, etc.) which manifested into physical symptoms. My family doc decided to put me on Doxycycline for 10-days. I didn't notice any improvement after the Doxy but shortly after I was getting better. I wasn't sure if it was the naturopath/homeopath route or antibiotics helping. All I know is for a few weeks I was feeling better than I had in 3-4 mths. Maybe around 80-85% better.

Long story short, I started sliding again back to previous symptoms by the end of Sept. Nothing I was doing at this point was helping. I decided to not wait for my doc to "figure it out". I reached out to a Prostatitis clinic in a near-by city that I was frequenting for work. After my initial consultation and prostate massage, the urologist determined I had prostatitis due to the pus cells in my prostate fluid. The prostate massage was painful and I had some reprieve for about a week after. I was asked to do two extensive labs (urine and semen/prostate fluid) that were genetic testing labs aside from my initial fluid cultures. So far my initial lab cultures came back negative and I'm waiting on my lab reports from the other two. I've had 2 more prostate massages and the urologist claims that my fluid has improved meaning less pus cells but I don't feel any better.

As of now my symptoms are different from when this initially started:

- urination has somewhat normalized but I have days where I will urinate 10-12 times a day
- bladder agitation
- sometimes urinate in the night if I've had too much water prior to going to bed
- abdomen discomfort is constant; always inflamed and sometimes radiates to mid-section
- lethargic after urinating or bm
- fluctuating in weight due to muscles not holding water
- tenderness in scrotum
- burning and irritation in my urinary tract most days

From all the posts I've read I've yet to come across anyone with my exact symptoms other than the frequent urination and discomfort in the groin area. Any insight would very much appreciated because I know my urologist will be putting me on an antibiotic cocktail and I don't think my other lab reports will come back with positive results (just speculating on how I've been feeling).

Other information:
- I eat nearly perfect meaning no sugar, dairy, breads and very little alcohol; plant based diet adding fish or grass fed meats occasionally
- exercise frequently (when I have the energy); very good shape for me age but a little underweight due to not retaining glycogen and water in muscles
- use all kinds of supplements based on what I have read on this forum (ie, NAC, Quercetin, Vit C, Vit D, Adrenal Support, Prostate5XL, Probiotics,
- 49 yrs old
- stressed due to how I'm physically feeling

Thank you

Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:35 pm

Post Re: Possible Prostatitis but not convinced..yet
My symptoms are similar:
-irritation/burning after urinating
-constant urge to go, never feel like bladder is empty
-pain in head on one side/irritation on one side
-

I went through 30 days of cipro which helped, but symptoms returned. I was then referred to a urologist who examined my prostate and determined it was definitely infected. Urinalysis after prostate exam revealed no bacteria, however I had a high amount of calcium oxalate. He prescribed 5 days of prednisone & ketorolac for inflammation, followed by 5 days of aleve. symptoms were much improved on days 5 and 6. Day 7 was the best day in months and I suspected I may be cured, however symptoms returned after.

I have a followup visit this week. So hopefully will figure this out.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:20 pm

Interesting that you were put in Doxycycline- that’s usually
prescribed for Chlamydia

Be wary of taking more and more antibiotics they are terrible
for overall health and what specific bacteria are you trying
to kill?

Urologist’s always blame the prostate. My Urologist said I had
a “boggy” prostate. I asked what that meant and didn’t get
an answer.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:14 pm

nobody’s home here anymore

I’m gone

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:28 pm

Sorry travelling for work.

My results for my labs came back but interesting each had different bacteria readings

MicroGenDX Labs
Enterococcus Faecalis - low bacteria load

Other Local Genetic Lab:
Mycoplasma species - positive

Urologist prescribed Avelox (moxifloxacin) for 4-weeks mainly to fight the Enterococcus and hopefully handle the mycoplasma as well. As well as weekly prostate massage to open up prostate ducts for antibiotics to have a better chance at working. He didn't seemed convinced or should I say hesitant due to my already stomach issues. Had him do it anyways incase I decide to go that route. At the moment not sure what to do.

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:03 pm

Urologist scheduled me for a cystoscopy in a couple of weeks. Said for me to try flomax for 30 days but didn't seem confident that would help.

I'm not sure exactly how to proceed either - I've spoken with an accupuncture professional that claims to be familiar with the diagnosis, trigger points, etc. so I may try that as well.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:35 pm

Any updates on the moxi treatment?

Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]