Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 New member here...yet another story to contribute to the for 

Post New member here...yet another story to contribute to the for
Hi, Mid-60s here. I've had an occasional issue with the usual pain and issues associated with prostatitis. Have been under the care of a urologist for years and so have been on tamsulosin for quite a long time already. After a flare-up of symptoms about a year ago, I had a cystoscopy done, which showed nothing abnormal. Previous to that, another flare-up resulted in a round of antibiotics - first round seemed to help bu then symptoms came back. Just came back from a trip, during which another flare-up occurred but then went away. Now, back home, symptoms have returned. Probably will call the doctor tomorrow. Never been on any other meds than my constant tamsulosin and then the rounds of antibiotics I had a few years ago. Any thoughts or ideas welcomed. It certainly has been interesting reading other peoples' adventures with this problem. It's certainly a pain in the .....oops...almost referred to the wrong end... :) My best to all here who deal with this.

The somewhat Ironic part of all this is that, at my last urology appt. (my doctor just retired over the summer), he indicated that he didn't even suggest I continue with another doctor being that all has been going so well. Over the years, at most I get up at night to urinate once, and my PSA has always been fine. I think, though, based on how I'm feeling recently, it would be best to continue with another urologist at the practice I've been going to.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]