Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Gut infection triggering chronic bacterial leak/prostatitis? 

Post Gut infection triggering chronic bacterial leak/prostatitis?
9 years ago I had some sort of infection, causing epididymo-orchitis. Was given cipro, didn't seem to do anything. Month later got prostatitis; given doxycycline, didn't seem to do anything. Blood work showed negative for all STDs.

The infection seemed to have started in my stomach. I know the theory about how an original infection can set off a chronic reaction in the body. Especially since the gut had been involved, and the gut is such a complex network involving many neurons, who knows what kinds of body triggers can be in there.

I was diagnosed with "bad case leaky gut" by a naturopath, and after cleaning up my diet I'm not depressed like I had been before. I used to have bad mast cell reactions (similar to hives) after eating most kinds of food, which cleared up as my diet got better. I also take supplements like N-acetyl-glucosamine, and oil of oregano. My joints are still mildly affected. For the amount of time I've been repairing my gut lining, if it was only a leaky gut then I'd have been cured by now.

I did Next-Generation DNA sequencing on some prostate fluid in urine, and the result was e. coli with trace amount of e. faecalis. I've taken many rounds of antibiotics, and the prostatitis doesn't ever completely go away. Still have urinary urgency and premature ejaculation, although I don't feel pain in the prostate very often.

If this is caused by some kind of automatic neural gut spasm? causing the gut to keep leaking trace amounts of bacteria like e. coli into my blood and prostate, that could explain a lot.
I could go get phage therapy for the e. coli. Was considering antibiotic injections, but it sounds like that might not work, and might have a low chance of damage?

Should I look further into things like CPPS and pudendal nerve? Maybe a chiropractor?

The other possibility is that the original infection never was cured, is hiding somewhere in the prostate and possibly even the gut, and is some particular serovar of a bacteria that evades every blood test. I'm not sure what to make of Dr. Toth telling so many people they have chlamydia, considering the only data he has to give is prostate sonogram imaging. Either he is a genius at what to look for regarding patterns of chlamydia damage and chlamydia does indeed evade diagnosis that well, or chlamydia is just a "safe bet" assumption for him to diagnose people with.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:55 am

Post Re: Gut infection triggering chronic bacterial leak/prostati
Yes, gut infections can cause issues like prostatitis, or exacerbate it. Mine became a lot better and the urinary tract infections after unprotected sex cleared up as well after eating a bowl of home made yogurt a day for around a month or two. Unfortunately, seems like i ended up with kidney stones after that...which I never had before. So I guess the added calcium didn't digest properly or something.

Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]