Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 4yr Check-in 

Post 4yr Check-in
I've recently passed the 4 year anniversary from the "extracurricular" sexual event that precipitated my chronic prostatitis and the misery I went through:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1466&hilit=prostatitis+won%27t+die

Anyway, after being in pain for three years and trying just about everything, my prostatitis all of a sudden went away in fall of 2018. That was about a year ago and I'm happy to say that things only got better from there and now it isn't even something that crosses my mind. I don't have any symptoms to speak of and any sexual activity I take part in now is pain free. It's almost like it never happened. I still have no idea whether it was bacterial or psychological.

*Almost* like it never happened. One thing I would have done totally different was to use one course of ABX and then be done with them. After all the antibiotics and then having C-diff twice (because of the abx use), my digestive system is still not normal. I've always had a flakey IBS-D type life but now it's pretty much permanent. It's not terrible, but not what it used to be. Again, the worst misery of the whole thing ultimately ended up being caused my abxs. I had bad gastritis for 2 years straight and that has only recently cleared up.

In any case, hope all the regulars are doing well - at least as well as can be. Sometimes it does just mysteriously go away like the doctors always say.

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:02 pm

Post Re: 4yr Check-in
Wonderful news! Let’s hope it never comes back!

Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:49 pm

Amazing, congrats!

Gives me hope that ours will go away one day too!

Is your ejaculation load, hardness, etc all back to normal too?

Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Everything is pretty much normal compared to what it was before prostatitis as far as sexual activity is concerned. The only time I notice anything is if I was to do something dumb like jerk off twice a day for a few days in a row. Then I notice some tension in my pelvis for a day or so after I stop but it goes away quick. But at almost 40yo I don't have time (or libido) to be doing stuff like that so it's really a non issue. Once Daily sexual activity doesn't cause me any symptoms.

Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]