Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Fasting is healing me 

Post Fasting is healing me
I posted here a while back regarding fasting for treatment. I have now completed multiple fasts (48 hours- just under a week), and I am about 50% improved. I am completely off all my sleeping pills that I have been on for 8 years due to the nocturia. I have been diagnosed with both Prostatitis and Interstitial Cystitis. Before I was waking up every 30 minutes without my sleeping pills to go pee, and by the 3rd or 4th time I couldn’t fall back asleep. Now I wake up 3-4 times in 8 hours without sleeping pills, which is far more manageable. Still not ideal, but I have improved about 50%. No doubt that I will completely heal with more fasting.

For those that are skeptical of fasting, there is a lot of research into it. There is no profit in fasting, which is why doctors and the medical community do not know about it that well. There is a fasting centre in the USA with doctors dedicated to healing people, and they provide supervised water fasts from 5-40 days. They have even a proven cancer patient that improved 50% within 2 weeks of fasting. Proven medical imagining tests. There are thousands of testimonials of people’s success on fasting, healing many conditions.

The body goes into a state of autophagy when fasting, which means your sick, dead, inflamed, infected cells literally get eaten by your body. When you are constantly digesting food, that takes up 80% of your body’s resources, which leaves no time for healing. There are multiple aspects of how fasting works.

I recommend it for anybody that wants to try. What has also helped me is ozone, herbs and vitamin c, especially following or during a fast, as they will be more effective during that time. Though I did not always use them when fasting, by far the fasting alone can heal.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Post Re: Fasting is healing me
Can you please tell us what was exactly your fasting regimen?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:48 am

Chavalote wrote:
Can you please tell us what was exactly your fasting regimen?

Just drink water :) how long you fast is up to you. But to see any benefit from a chronic illness generally 48 hours minimum are needed I have found. The longer you fast, the higher the benefit. If you keep resetting, like me, it will take longer to reach the same benefit as if you kept going. As the longer you go, the deeper your body goes into cleansing, there are different stages your body goes through during a fast. When you stop and start, your body has to start all over again. Many people have cured chronic illness completely with a 3 day to one week fast. Others have had to go 30-40 days. It depends how severe the illness is. But my method I still have improved 50%. For a long term fast I recommend going to a fasting centre. I have seen people comment Prostatitis cures with 3 days- one week fasting. Fasting will work, it is basically just a matter of how long you do it.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:35 pm

But I mean, how do you do it exactly? Every week you fast two days? How many times have you repeated the 2 days fasting? How often?

Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:05 pm

I haven’t always been doing it the same, pretty random days. Though in April is when I saw the significant improvement because I basically fasted on and off for 2 weeks. And the days I ate, sometimes I only had one small meal at the end of the day. I haven’t kept track of exactly how many times I have fasted so it is hard to say, but I would estimate 10+ times. I am planning on going away for a 1 week straight fast soon. Will update my progress when I am down to not waking up at all!

Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:00 pm

I only have tried one day only eating fruits and raw vegetables and still is hard. 24 hours of fasting would be too hard, I can't imagine 48 hours. I would try it if it was not for I'm very prone to anxiety and feeling weakened gives me a lot of anxiety.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:03 pm

Fair enough. To each their own. Though I was the same as you when I first tried it. Couldn’t fathom the idea when a friend with IC recommended it to me. I said no way I could never do that. But it becomes a last resort and ultimately works. It’s really mind over matter. And you get used to it. What helps me get through it is learning about Buddhism. Lose your attachment to food, to needing to be healthy, to the outcome of the fast, and you will relax more and be able to get through it longer. Your not meant to be too active when fasting so take it easy of course.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]