Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Prostatits: Mycoplasma hominis & Ureaplasma Parvum 

Post Prostatits: Mycoplasma hominis & Ureaplasma Parvum
In October 2016, I had an unprotected ONS and had burning while peeing and discharge shortly after. During Ciprofloxacin, all pain and discharge were gone but returned shortly after.
Lots of different antibiotics after, nothing helped & most of the times all cultures showed up negative.
In February 2018, an urologist performed a cystoscopy, which didn't show any abnormalities, but after I also began to have pain in the bladder area, frequent urination, getting up at night, etc.

Now March 2019, I've been to an urology clinic, where they finally found two bacteria which could be the reason: Mycoplasma hominis & Ureaplasma Parvum
Don't know why they were never found before, but I'm glad that at least there is some sort of target now.

(whole story in my old post: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2543)

The urology clinic advised me to take either Doxycline 10 days, Azythromycin 1 day, or Moxifloxacin 10 days. Problem is that I've already taken all of them, and even longer than stated now.

As I've taken many antibiotics before (more than 130 days in the last two years), I'd like the next one to be the right one. My urologist isn't really sure either, so I hope someone here has an idea what's best to take now. He'd advise me to take Minocycline + Levofloxacin for the next 3 weeks.

Some Ideas:

- Minocycline
- Levofloxacin (a bit scared, as Cipro I had to discontinue after 8 days due to side effects & Moxi I took 28 days, but had no improvement)
- Clindamycin
- Clarythromycin
- Pristinamycin.

Does an alpha blocker (Tamsulosin) improve anything in terms of killing the bacteria if I take them during the ABX, or is it just for the pain?

Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:46 pm

Post Re: Prostatits: Mycoplasma hominis & Ureaplasma Parvum
Hi Paul

Did you culture also show the sensitivities to antibiotics? Levofloxacin is definitely the best at penetrating the prostate. It would be my first choice and i would probably look to take it for 2 to 3 months especially if it's showing signs of working (but obviously give up after a few weeks if it doesn't).

Quote:
The most common antimicrobials active against mycoplasmas are included in the three major drug classes: tetracyclines, macrolides-lincosamides-streptogramins-ketolides (MLSK group), and fluoroquinolones (57).

Regards
Simon

Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:56 am

I went through this.You can find my thread here by searching.

You need to get the bacteria cultured and tested to see what can kill it.

In my case minocycline did the trick.

However, I am now left with Chronic Prostatitis which sucks: peeing every 1-2 hours; 15 second urinations; pain after sitting on hard chairs/airplane seats; piss more when its cold; my penis shrank; and sex drive and performance down 20-30%.

Have had several prostate cultures that all come back clean so no idea what causes the prostatitis.

Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Thanks for your reply @AC1972.

What's your plan to get back normal?
Have you thought about trying other methods like direct injections to get rid of the prostatitis?

I'm so fed up with it, my biggest fear that it doesn't go back to where it was before.

Best wishes,

Paul!

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:05 pm

Better but not 100%. Was travelling alot and had some serious pain in my flanks/ischmeia.

Had an EPS done with new Uro and it turned up moderate growth of staphylococcus aureus which I am hitting with bactrim (15 days) and Flagyl (5 days).

fingers crossed.

Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:42 pm

[Does an alpha blocker (Tamsulosin) improve anything in terms of killing the bacteria if I take them during the ABX, or is it just for the pain?[/quote]
I am having similar scenario except I never did any sex outside marriage ,my wife keep infected by E.coli after intercourse ,did a lot of tests and all results negative till start to use condom 6 month s ago and my wife stop catching E.coli , i believe my chronic pain related to un-culture E.coli even though the brilliant doctors said E.coli not transmitted ,I have notice some laboratory have unqualified technicians ,if your bacteria less than a specific number I think 10000 they will not report it and if its more than 3 bacteria they said sample fails due to contamination or its a contaminated samples or delays , our problem mainly come from two area either doctor not professional each 15 consultant you find 1 is know how to get prostate liquid accurately (I have tried 14 urologist and I know how they do) or ( and this important ) guy in lab don't do it accurately and not allow sample to grow out (I reach to this ideas after I have talk to many lab technicians , really a lot of them was hired because of low salary not experience ) so to catch it u need a very good lab have professional guys beside the Urologist who is well known ,do A qPCR from microgene and don't ever take antibiotic without sensitivity test (you feed your resistance bug to be super bug) ,Tamsulosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) I take a lot and it work to reduce the pain little bit but affect your semen quantity ,but it did not killed the bacteria it relax the muscle and reduce the inflammation ,one main reason for majority of us the calcification in our prostate its a fortress for the bacteria ,

my advice so far ( you will never find doc do all this test below in one step)they will choose few even how much they are experience:

Stop anitbiotic for little long period to eliminate from your body if you can go for ( 2-3 months)
gram stain for EPS ,urine after massage
ANAEROBIC /AEROBIC cultures for SEMEN ,EPS ,urine after prostate massage
do fungal culture
if you have money then qPCR Test for the same above semen ,EPS,urine after massage .

do that many times as you able financially even you start to get healed as I think once you get infected by a germ the other germs will attack later and we end up treating from one bacteria and after we kill it still we not cure due to the fact that once our prostate get inflamed it get attacked easily by other germs .

here one question to you :my latest urologist she suggested a cystoscopy to check why I have this so can you give me your opinion either I have to do or not ? how it feel and how long it take ,how the pain last after and how many days I need to stay in hospital ?

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:07 pm

Paul: you need to read my thread from top to bottom viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2342

There are strains of Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma that are resistant to many Antibiotics.

Most labs that urologists use don't even test for Mycoplasma and Ureaplasmas let alone try to culture them. That's why they were probably missed first few times.

DyneofCastle is right about the labs - you have to find a good lab!!!

PM me if you want, but all I know is in my old thread.

Also, taking the wrong antibiotics (ABX) is wasting time and dangerous.

You need to be off ABX for at least 1 month before going in for an EPS culture because otherwise the ABX in your system will kill the cultures.

Fri Sep 06, 2019 3:08 pm

doyenofcastle wrote:
here one question to you :my latest urologist she suggested a cystoscopy to check why I have this so can you give me your opinion either I have to do or not ? how it feel and how long it take ,how the pain last after and how many days I need to stay in hospital ?

Sorry for the late reply, somehow missed it.

The cystoscopy took like 15 minutes, and you can go home after. Was the most uncomfortable feeling I ever had, peeing was like hell the days after and for me it's were my urethritis turned to prostatitis and bladder pain.

Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]