Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Prostatitis (Urge Incontinent) Post Vasectomy 

Post Prostatitis (Urge Incontinent) Post Vasectomy
Hi Everyone. I wanted to post this to see if it resonates with anyone out there.

About 2 months ago, I had a vasectomy. The procedure went fine, but about a week after I noticed some dribbling of urine on my shorts from time to time. This developed into urge incontinence in the following week. Thinking this was a UTI, I went to urgent care where they prescribed Cipro. This did nothing and the condition worked over a week or so. I went back to my original urologist who blew me off. “It’s impossible that it’s from the procedure”, he said. Long story shortened, I found a different urologist who put me on Bactrim, Flomax, and Ditropan. I was (very gradually) showing improvement. (1.5 months in). I was able to sleep, only changed pads before bed, and felt like myself again.

That’s when I had a cystoscopy.

Four days after the procedure, my symptoms returned. I’m now a week out from the procedure and am at my wits end. To be honest, I’m not 100% confident it is Prostatitis, but I have been painted with that broad brush. If anyone has experienced anything like this, I’m desperate for guidance.

Thank you in advance.

Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]