Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Any long term side effects of Flomax? 

Post Any long term side effects of Flomax?
Supposedly alpha blockers help antibiotics get into the prostate, and Flomax is one that concentrates on just the prostate and bladder, without arterial side effects in the rest of the body.

However one very common side effect is retrograde ejaculation, and another less common one can be priapism.

Just wondering if anyone's ever taken Flomax and if side effects have been experienced for a longer time after treatment?

Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Post Re: Any long term side effects of Flomax?
Was on max dose for several years. Side effects went away soon after stopping.

Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:20 pm

Post Re: Any long term side effects of Flomax?
I was on Flomax for a month or two or so, and didn't have serious side effects. It really helped get rid of several urination problems I had, which were high frequency, difficulty starting, pain after, and getting up at night to go. After stopping, I had a low resurgence of a few of the problems, but those decreased quickly. I still have somewhat high frequency, but it's not as bad as it was, and I also have bowel problems which cause that. It's better than pyridium because that changes my urine to neon orange which stains the toilet seat lol.

Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]