Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy - Unsuccessful 

Post Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy - Unsuccessful
Hello everyone,

I wanted to send this out since I was able to go through drastic measures with Dr. Krongrad at the Krongrad Institute in Aventura Florida, and completely remove my prostate. Had minimally invasive nerve sparing prostate surgery and it did nothing for my symptoms.

Same story as most, so not going to dive into too much detail.

- 2009: Diagnosed with Prostatitis after numerous tests and visit s.
- 8/4/2012: Prostatitis Center, Arizona (Dr. John Polacheck) - Daily prostate massages with high dosage of antibiotics.
- 8/12/2013: Krongrad Institute, Florida (Arnon Krongrad, M.D) - Minimally invasive nerve sparing prostatectomy for Chronic Prostatitis.

Dr. Krongrad was extremely confident before surgery but it was a complete failure. Worse enough, very un-reponsive post-op. He stopped doing the surgery afterwards. Not sure how many before me were failures. He never mentioned a single one, only great outcomes. (I would of sued him if had the resources).

Now looking into:
- Prudential Nerve Entrapment - Could cause all the same symptoms as prostatitis.
- Interstitial cystitis - Could cause all the same symptoms as prostatitis.
- PT for Pelvic Floor Dysfunction - could of been caused by prostatitis and/ or the root cause.

Hope this is helpful but my main point, look at other treatments outside of the prostate gland. Maybe?.. who knows but removing the prostate did not fix my symptoms.

ADMIN NOTE: This post is the opinion of the poster and not of the administrator or members of this board. Refer to the statement of rules and conduct.

Fri May 24, 2019 12:58 am

Post Re: Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy - Unsuccessful
Sorry you went through this. It’s a good reminder why only a very few Drs will perform this type of operation for prostatitis symptoms. It’s also totally irresponsible and borderline criminal to pretend all your outcomes are positive. That doesn’t happen in any surgery regardless of the type. That isn’t my opinion, it’s fact. No surgery has a perfect outcome in every case, even what’s commonly referred to as routine surgeries do not always work. People should be aware of this going in. There is no guaranteed outcome. None. A Dr who leads you to believe otherwise is the Dr you should walk away from.

Sat May 25, 2019 1:24 am

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, you are not alone in this. He doesn't sound like that good guy this Krongrad. I think most people in the midst of intense pain think of getting it removed.

This is clearly a really risky poorly tested approach to try and it would be better to try almost anything else in my opinion. Like herbs, supplements, alternative medical practitioners, diets, physical therapy, often these things don't help, but they don't usually come with major risks like this and they are usually much cheaper.

IC has some overlap with prostatitis, but as I understand it, people get bladder pain/ discomfort which is a different location to the prostatitis.

Sat May 25, 2019 2:35 am

I appreciate it. I was desperate and nobody should make a life altering decision when you're desperate.

Dr. Arnon Krongrad knew this and used it.

Sat May 25, 2019 4:39 am

Nwdaniel
What are your symptoms? Do you have calcifications? Did they ever culture bacteria and confirm Bacterial prostatitis?

Sun May 26, 2019 8:50 pm

Really sorry to hear this and thank you for sharing with the board.

Mon May 27, 2019 2:43 am

This needs to be taken with a grain of salt. If you have a 100% proven infection that doesnt respond to abx, surgery is absolutely a way to go. Ive spoken on phone to multiple people who havw had their lives changed.

Mon May 27, 2019 11:26 am

@Dom_hend

symptoms - burning pain in the genital area, groin, pelvis, prostate, testicle
Burns when I urinate and dribbling after urination, frequent urge to urinate.
We tested the fluid after a prostate massage and did find bacteria. This was in Arizona but it made no difference after rounds of antibiotics.

I have the exact same pain and symptoms, without a prostate.

Mon May 27, 2019 3:04 pm

Got it well I am also considering the surgery in the UK, probably will do it. I know I have a proven infection multiple labs and calcifications. I owe it to myself to try life with out this damn organ.

Mon May 27, 2019 3:49 pm

What about infection of the epididymis? If the prostate is removed, it's either that or some sort of chronic infection of the bladder (like with some sort of bioflim or calcification) or cystitis, imo.

Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:43 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]