Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Famous Men in History with Prostate Problems 

Post Famous Men in History with Prostate Problems
I had a recent flare up and had my PSA tested @1.2. Pain went away with some stretching, exercise, supplements (Tumeric/Zinc/Vitamin C) and fasting. I had some time on my hands and recently read a book about Napoleon III - interestingly, he was a bit of womanizer in his youth (he basically shagged anything that moved) and in his 40s and 50s he developed some health issues including quite a few STDs and prostatitis.

Despite his prostate infection, Napoleon III was able to do a lot. This being before people even knew what Bacteria were, I suspect he had some sort of bacterial infection(s). He met Louis Pasteur whose work he took a keen interest in Pasteur's new work: bacteria! and even had a hospital built to support Pasteur's work on bacteria. In the end, Napoleon's urinary infections got so bad for him that during the war against Prussia he was urinating blood and couldn't even sit on his horse. They didn't have Lyrica and so he was usually bombed out of his mind on opium by then which is one of the reasons they lost. Napoleon III was in so much pain during the campaign that he didn't care if he was killed and hence he rode around like a crazy man standing in his stirups until he finally had to dismount from pain and was captured.

Unfortunately for him, he was instead was taken prisoner and sent to prison in England where he was locked up for several while the doctors all wanted to cut him open to try and figure out what was causing the pain. Finally, they did operate and he died in agony not long after.

By his late forties, Napoleon started to suffer from numerous medical ailments, including kidney disease, bladder stones, chronic bladder and prostate infections, arthritis, gout, obesity, and the chronic effects of smoking. In 1856, Dr. Robert Ferguson, a consultant called from London, diagnosed a "nervous exhaustion" that had a "debilitating impact upon sexual ... performance" which he also reported to the British government

Anyone else know of any famous men in history with prostate problems?

Sun May 19, 2019 11:05 am

Post Re: Famous Men in History with Prostate Problems
Theo Van Gogh

Ok, maybe not prostate infection/problems, but definitely a problem - and this was before penicillin had been invented!!!

So Vincent Van Gogh's brother underwrote his art career as Theo was an art dealer himself. Unfortunately, Theo caught a very nasty form of syphilis which eventually drove him insane and then killed him. Below is from the Van Gogh Museum.

Theo had always been sickly and prone to ailments, but after Vincent’s death, his health deteriorated extremely rapidly indeed. He was admitted to hospital in mid-October 1890 and on 25 January 1891 – six months after Vincent’s death, he died of the effects of syphilis.
Theo suffered from this illness for a long time. Back then, it was a common STD (bacterial infection) and a treatment was yet to be developed. Sufferers can be infected with syphilis for many years without knowing it, but the disease ultimately attacks various organs, including the heart, brain and spinal cord.

Mon May 27, 2019 2:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]