Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Testing Centers for Bacteria 

Post Testing Centers for Bacteria
Hey Guys

It's very difficult finding testing centers in the USA that will test semen for bacteria.

I see a few posts recommending individual Urologists who do this but what am I supposed to do??

I found this test "Prostate Infection Panel" but it doesn't say anything about what exactly it's testing:

Does anyone have any info on the best way for me to get tested? I've had urine tests before that are negative and when one urologist tried a prostate secretion test nothing came out. Can I just use ejaculate then? Is there any difference between prostate secretion and ejaculate? I would really like to come off antibiotics and get a few tests done at different places.

Thanks
Simon

ADMIN NOTE: As much as I'd love to allow this URL to stand, I can't... BUT.... you can search for the site under the name of private md labs or send a message to the original poster.

Why can't I allow this to stand? We were getting far too many links to sites that were leading people to private websites and even a few that tried to pull you over to a site that did nothing but try to load you up with viruses. The board said 'No more!' I allow US government sites and one or two more. If I think a site is helpful, I do what I did above. A search will bring that site up in about two seconds.
Thanks for your understanding.

Wed May 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Post Re: Testing Centers for Bacteria
First of all private md isn’t a testing site. You order a test online and they send you an email with the order for the test. You print it out and take it to one of the labs they work with. It’s usually going to be the lab nearest your home. In my area they work with Labcorp. Once the results are in you will receive another email. You then log into the account you created when you ordered the test. You are then free to take the results to your Dr if you have questions. It’s a great company for those with no insurance or people like me who don’t want to bother with the time and effort required to get a test done. It’s also fast. Order a test on Monday morning and you can get it done that day with results in 24-48 hours.

Fri May 17, 2019 1:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]