Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Tailbone pain after sitting for extended period of time 

Post Tailbone pain after sitting for extended period of time
Hello
I got diagnosed with prostatitis a month ago. It all started out of no where. I had an itch when peed then had a whitish discharge. Went to my PC and he did a urinalysis that showed WBC present. I however told him to do a Psa that came back elevated at 4.25. After taking antibiotics for a month most of my symptoms cleared up and my PSA went back down to 1.3. During that month I developed some symptoms, some went away after a while and some stayed. At one point I had difficulty voiding, urgency, frequency and then pain around the anal And tailbone region if I sit for a long time. All my symptoms have cleared up except the pain when I sit. When u wake up in the am, I’m totally normal but after I start sitting, standing and carrying on with my day I get this dull pain when sitting. I’m confused at this point and not sure if that is still prostatitis. I’m getting an MRI on Monday to make sure it isn’t something else. I’m 37 years old. Has anyone had anything similar?

Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:31 pm

Post Re: Tailbone pain after sitting for extended period of time
Hi yes. I have same symptoms. Let me know what your MRI comes back with.

Wed May 01, 2019 9:07 am

Post Re: Tailbone pain after sitting for extended period of time
What I surmise is prostatitis induces damage, oversensitivity, and dysfunction of nerves and tissues. Thus, some of the chronic pain remains after other problems are gone.

I still have pain while sitting, after sitting, and usually don't have it while laying down and in certain positions while sitting.

Thu May 09, 2019 6:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]