Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Water fasting - How to do it the right way 

Post Water fasting - How to do it the right way
prostatitis22 mentioned that he started a water fast, and it is being described as having helped many people and is allegedly backed up by science(even though I could only find one study on pubmed about the term "water fast").

The question is: how do I do it properly?

I read

• GQ Article: How the Terrible, Insufferable Six-Day Water Fast Made Me a New Man
  • The Ultimate Guide to 30 Day Water Fast Results
  • Water Fasting by the TrueNorth Health Center(You don't need a clinic to fast)
It turns out that
  • A blood test before and after shows you how efficient it was
  • Some pages claim you should not do it while having chronic pain, others claim you should do it exactly when you have chronic pain

Continue this with your comments.

Last edited by Whatever on Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:43 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Water fasting - How to do it the right way
I recently did a 3 day water fast. The first 36 hours was actually very easy to do. After 36 hours, a bit of tiredness and hunger set in. I tried to drink a lot and just take it easy. I began to eat around the 80 hour mark, but I started slowly, with soft foods because you're supposed to come out of a fast with nothing difficult to digest. After the fast, it was pretty amazing. I had so much energy, like I was supercharged for a few days, plus my mind was very clear and sharp. It was pretty cool. Prostatitis was already getting better at the time of the fast, so not sure if that impacted it, but fasting probably couldn't have hurt. I did read that fasting restores the immune system and forces the body to produce new white blood cells, so that would be a positive thing in cases of bacterial prostatitis.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:05 am

There is a study showing water fasting helps with the side effect of Cipro.

I did a 4 day fast and it helped my clicking joints immensely, I will be doing another 7 day fast soon.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:18 am

When I did it, at the end of the second day I felt extremely sick, my stomach hurt enormeously and I had a strong headache.
So I decided to just eat as little(no carbs, mainly fat and a little bit of protein) as possible so those symptoms don't reoccur. I thought I would die, it was horrible. I looked it up and people claimed it was the "keto-flu", a summary of symptoms that you could also label carb-withdrawal. I am not sure if that was going on or if the keto-flu is even real or just an alternative medicine fairy tale like the herxheimer effect.

Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]