Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Autovaccines/ Strovac/ UroVaxom 

Post Autovaccines/ Strovac/ UroVaxom
As my prostatitis hasn't gone away, I went to see an infectious diseases doctor. He suggested that I could try Autovaccines. It's mostly used for women with bladder problems, but he said that he also has some men who have done it.

For the making of this Autovaccine, one has to send in samples of ur feces/urine and then they isolate the E.coli or E. faecalis and prepare a vaccine with it. Then over a period of some weeks one has to get it injected. He said that it's not only for prevention but also for treatment.

After reading about the topic, I haven't found too much. There is one German company, who does it with high success rates, but in their study of 21 patients, only 2 male ones took part. The whole process from you sending in the samples and getting back the vaccine, takes about 8 weeks.

Then there are also some ready made ones, like Strovac and UroVaxom.

The StroVac vaccine contains killed bacterial species, most commonly responsible for urinary tract infections. A vaccine dose contains at least 10 9 of these germs of the following kind and quantity:
6 different strains of Escherichia coli (7.5 x 10 8 )
Proteus mirabilis (3.75 x 10 7 )
Morganella morganii (3.75 x 10 7 )
Enterococcus feacalis (2.5 x 10 7 )
Klebsiella pneumoniae (1.5 x 10 8 )

Might consider doing one of these, they don't seem to have severe side effects, and aren't as expensive as injections or phage therapy.
Not sure if it really matters to get the ones specifically made ones and wait a while, or just get one of the readymade ones that I could start much sooner.

Anyone got any experiences with this topic?

Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:23 pm

Post Re: Autovaccines/ Strovac/ UroVaxom
Hi Paul!

I did the autovaccination 2 times with the German company. I think this ist the best way, because they make the vaccination exactly for your bacteria. I phoned them up and they told me, that the best way ist the nasal application with spray. I have Enterococccus faecalis too. The vaccination had no side effects but also no other effects. Nothing chanched. Recently I did a semen culture again - and again E. faecalis ist there. Now I have also Aerococcus urinae. In all my cultures the amount of bacteria ist very low. I doubt that these bacteria are the problem - but I don't know. You should always have in mind, that 30% of healthy men have bacteria in their semen. 70% of them have Enterococcus faecalis in their semen.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:17 pm

healthyprostate wrote:
You should always have in mind, that 30% of healthy men have bacteria in their semen. 70% of them have Enterococcus faecalis in their semen.

I would be interested to see the link or report which states this as I have not heard this before.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:41 am

Hi Cerv, how you doing man? I found this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649329/

It seems like it's contamination in a lot of cases, but some guys just have more probably due to CPS, etc.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:52 am

Hi CerveloUK!

In addition I also found this two studies:

"Prostate biopsy culture findings of men with chronic pelvic pain syndrome do not differ from those of healthy controls." http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... d/12544312

"Search for Microorganisms in Men with Urologic Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome: A Culture-Independent Analysis in the MAPP Research Network." http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... d/25596358

This last one is even a DNA Analysis. Healthy controls had as many or more bacteria in their semen than men with CPPS.

The presence of a few bacteria in semen is in my opinion nothing unusual. Why should semen be sterile? It wouldn't make any sense. I remember in the early 90's Helicopacter pylori was detected in the stomach - in these times it was a pathogen. Now we know that many people have Helicopacter without any problem. But some people have ulcera in their stomachs - they become better when you elimate Helicopacter. So for many HP is no problem - for some it is. Why? As far as I know this is not clear. Maybe this is an issue in our problem.

Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]