Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 My experience 

Post My experience
Hello,
Taking a lot for me to write about my experience but here goes. About a month ago, I decided to go for a swim in an outside pool - very hot here. A few days later I was in the ER. What prompted it was a night of chills and pissing every 30mins. I was shivering all night. I thought it was a UTI and had blood, urine, CT scan and the ER Doctor said I had Acute Prostatitis. He would not give me the PSA and directed me off to an Urologist who's name I will keep off this forum for now. Anyway I had the finger up into the No Entry Place and he said there was no indication of cancer. I was prescribed Cypro and Flomax. Although the Flomax is helping with the flow so to speak i'm having severe pain which 600mg of Ibuprofen is not helping at all. My second exam was a scope up the other No Entry place and had my bladder examined. I was forced to watch.. Urologist said I have an inflammed Prostate! No sh*t sherlock it bloody hurts!.. I've been put on another course of Antibiotics (Bactrim) for 2 months with a follow up visit.

I'm 41 years old.
Got me thinking the other day that I've had symptoms of Prostatitis for probably over 20 years witb no pain. Perhaps the Swimming was the nail in the coffin? Bacteria? Not sure. I just hope there is relief (no pun intended) on the horizon.

It hurts when I have intercourse with the wife and i'm not ejaculating that well. I have no energy to do any cardio exercise. My arse is burning all the time. Warm/Cold baths are not helping. Anyone got ideas (avoiding more violations into the No Entry zone)..?

Thank you!

Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:09 pm

Post Re: My experience
While you are deciding all you want to do to respond to your condition avoid, caffeine, and alcohol. If you are setting too much get a doughnut pillow to use in your office chair and auto.
It might be good to get a desk extension so you can stand up to work, Or set your keyboard and monitor on a box.

Sounds like like an acute attack is what you must of had.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]