Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 If you know the source of your disease is bacterial, fast. 

Post If you know the source of your disease is bacterial, fast.
If you know the source of your disease is bacterial, fast. If you know the source of your disease is viral, eat glucose, aka Honey, Dried Fruit, Energy and Cereal Bars.
Source: Link not allowed

Last edited by Whatever on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:28 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: If you know the source of your disease is bacterial, fas
This is interesting because sometimes, after a lot of hours without eating, (usually not intentional, but because I'm doing something and I forget eating for hours) I got an improvement in my sexual functions, which usually are numb. I usually think that that would be consequence of something that I'm eating without knowing, which maybe is triggering some allergy response. But maybe the cause is related to the explanations of this video.

Maybe we have something here. But then, what to do if your cause is a bacteria? Fasting a lot of days doesn't seem healthy.

I'm trying a semi-paleo diet. That means that I eat white rice, whole rice but no bread, cookies... But I eat a lot of honey. So maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Quitting glucose totally doesn't seem advisable either. What about fruits? And juices? And potatos, sweet potatos...?

I got lost about the ketone explanation. Someone can explain me what does that mean?

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:18 pm
Site Admin

Chavalote wrote:
... Quitting glucose totally doesn't seem advisable either. What about fruits? And juices? And potatos, sweet potatos...?

By way of explanation, everything you eat ends up as waste or as glucose. EVERYTHING. Somethings such as honey and fruits convert over fairly quickly and things like meat take much longer, but when they are finally processed, everything is waste or glucose. Glucose and oxygen drive your body. Check out the 'Kreb cycle' over on Wikipedia. It's also known as the 'citric acid cycle.'

Some sugars, especially the table sugar that many of us consume, are difficult to convert. 'Simple sugars' such as those found in many fruit juices, readily convert and are the sources of quick energy.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:47 pm

So, changing the diet to a low-carb one is not the solution in this case? (To make the bacteria starve, I mean). If I quit bread, rice, etc... Will the bacteria still get the glucose from vegetables, fish, etc?

I had low glucose 2 times in blood analysis and the doctor told me to simply eat more potatoes, rice, etc... So, I thought it was as simple as that.

So, according to this video what could we do? Fasting for many days is dangerous and unhealthy, and nobody gives you the guarantee that the bacteria will die from that. And if it that is the case, how many days do we need of fasting to kill all the bacteria? All those questions arise to my mind.

I thought this could explain some of my apparently random improvements, but how to intentionally force them is still a mistery to me.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:18 pm

Water fasting for at least three days revitalizes the immune system from some of the information I've come across. From personal experience, a three day fast was beneficial. I had a spike in energy levels and mental clarity after about 72 hours. The effect lasted for a few days after that as well. I had been getting random colds often, so I decided to try it and I believe it helped as I didn't catch anything until a few months later.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Three days only drinking water? It sounds too harsh.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:59 pm

My foray into fasting started with being forced to do it, due to gastritis, it hurt to eat anything. It's actually much easier to fast than you might think, just drink tons of water. 24-36 hours is easy. It gets a little rough after the 36 hour mark, but you just have to power through. Set your mind on it, tell yourself you have to do it, and that you're going to do it, repeatedly. If 3 days out of the week you fasted (and modified your diet afterwards) and if the condition was bacterial, it'd probably clear up after a while, if you stuck to it.

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:12 pm

Could you please send me the link in private as it's already deleted on here.
--------------------

Has anyone tried intermittent fasting? For example, eating only during specified 8 hours every day, while fasting the remaining 16h. So it would give the body more time to cure as it's not busy with digestion.
Have read about it recently, and people seem to be able to heal all sorts of (chronic) illnesses with it. Might not be as harsh as total water only fast.
Gonna give it a try (along with general healthy diet) from Monday onwards, and will update you guys if I see any improvement.

Do you think it fasting and diet will actually be able to kill the bacteria/prostatitis altogether if bacterial, or just ease the symptoms while doing it and then come back?

Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:29 pm

I checked the Kreb cicle that the administrator talked about and I couldn't understand it. Too many acronyms that I don't know.

I was searching about ketones and I found that it seems that ketones in your blood increase when you avoid carbohydrates and eat more fats; also after exercise. But a lot of that information is on the so called "ketogenic diet" sites, and I don't know how much of that information is reliable and how much is just propaganda.

In the video they said that if you have a bacterial infection "you need ketones". Now, how that relates to the bacterias is what I don't understand. Anybody who knows about it can explain it? I say this because maybe there is a way to weaken (or even kill) the bacteria without having to do a drastic fasting, just by changing the diet.

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]