Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Common Theme of Reoccurring Symptoms... 

Post Common Theme of Reoccurring Symptoms...
The one thing I've really noticed is the common theme of reoccurring symptoms in 80%+ of the men on the forum as well as other research I've done.

Not that this will help but maybe an on-going discussion on one thread of what seems to be the common denominator with reoccurring symptoms and maybe with some luck some insight to what really works and what doesn't.

Considering all the supplements I'm taking I really don't know what works and what doesn't as my symptoms are like a rollercoaster constantly going up and down regardless of what I'm doing or not doing. I'm just about to go on a cocktail antibiotic treatment along with weekly prostate massages but not feeling confident that this will work based on what I've read here. Also not looking forward to a year long battle of antibiotics working then not working.

Please gentlemen reply with your thoughts and hopefully with some luck we can help each other out as current treatment seems to be a crap shoot from what I have read and experienced so far.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:11 pm

Post Re: Common Theme of Reoccurring Symptoms...
Recurring symptoms is what is so frustrating.

I recommend a detailed diary of what you consume and what you do.
Sometimes a pattern can be revealed but unlikely

I am on the side of those who strongly discourages the use
of taking antibiotics long term. They are so bad for overall health
and there are so few who have been cured by taking
antibiotics.

What tests have you done? What bacteria are you trying
to eradicate? Symptoms?

Even health supplements are controversial and for the most part
are not effective. Definitely only take one thing at a time and give
it a minimum of 3 months.

Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:02 pm

Post Re: Common Theme of Reoccurring Symptoms...
My symptoms reoccur fairly randomly. The only loose link I found is that sometimes I get a flare up one or two days after ejaculation, especially a retrograde one. The symptoms settle down after a few days. I can sometimes go a month without a flare up.

I've tried giving up caffeine, cycling, dairy, spicy food, all to no effect. I don't drink alcohol.

For pain relief paracetamol, pde5 inhibitors and antibiotics work best for me. Alpha blockers and anti-inflammatories do little. All forms of exercise provide some relief, even cycling. Heat rub gels provide temporary relief.

I know the cause of my prostatitis. It was a (un-necessary) prostate biopsy.

Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]