Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 New prostatitis member 

Post New prostatitis member
Hi all,

I found this forum when googling and I think I have the same as most of you.
I will try to keep it short:
- Had a very brief encounter with a CSW, first handjob (she was still dressed), then protected oral and vaginal. There was a few seconds when my dick touched her Buttocks, just skin.
- Had non-protected sex with wife after one week (only once)
- 2 weeks after csw encounter, it started with some urge to urinate and feeling I was leaking urine (but was not the case), after few days I had mild irritation inside the urethra, but no pain, no discharge,...
Also I had some feeling that there was something between scrotum and anus.
(ofcourse anxiety levels were at 100%)
- Didnt had sex with wife anymore.
- went to doc, and got tested for chlamydia, gon., trich., .. all negative, He did urine analysis: negative, no wbc's. (only remark, it had been only 1 hour since last voiding...) I think it is not so reliable.
- Doc gave me (without knowing results) 1g azithromicyne,
- after 8 days or so, all symptoms were gone, (maybe because doc telling I have nothing, but maybe prostatitis)

- Had unprotected sex with wife
- after 2 weeks I started having symptoms of candida (redness, ...) on dick. I was totally stressed out and after a few days, some symptoms came back. Candida went away, but now I had again the continous urge to urinate, feeling there is some urine in the urethra, and just awareness of the tip of the penis, maybe slightly tender.
No discharge, no pain when urinating, stream is weak and takes seconds to start and a lot of after dribble.
Also when sitting I often have this dull feeling between scrotum and anus, slightly painfull sometimes. Testicles also hurt sometimes, but sometimes left sometimes right)
Ofcourse I am totally freaked out, tested again for std's, all negative incl mycoplasma gen.

I am afraid I have a NGU and passed it initial to my wife, and got it back. I think the urine test was maybe not reliable for the wbc's, as it was only 1 hour after urination.

I will keep you updated

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:23 am

Post Re: New prostatitis member
Sounds to me like a classic case of "guilt prostatitis". We see them all the time on here. Consider it a lesson learned, forgive yourself, and don't do it again!

Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:22 pm

I don’t know...
I did another urine analysis, and again everything was negative.. bur anyway they gave me some azithromycine.

I test negative all the time.. should I tell my wife?

Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:25 am

I think you contracted an infection from your wife more likely than the CSW. Like you said, NGU or quite probably something else. If the azithromycin works, then ask doc to continue it. What's safe to continue until? 30 days, 60?

Then see if it's resolved. Don't tell your wife until you're ready. De-stress and maintain drinking water with at least half of the diet being healthy foods. Reduce or cut out processed sugars, high-sodium / high-salt content foods, carbonation beverages, alcohol, coffee, high-fat stuff, and foods that don't get cooked long or are cooked extensively (e.g., grilled, microwavable, etc). Refrigerate water, then drink it. It's a form of distilling. Keep a practical distance from tv, smartphone use, and even computer. Those devices are stressors and relaxers. Relax with alternatives to those. Use NSAIDs or similar medicines for pain. Track your "progress" every few days as far as anything that's important. And try a heating pad. It doesn't sound like the greatest thing. However, it's effective at inducing relaxation.

Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:45 am

Welcome to the club! I actually find relief in posts like yours because your exposure was completely protected. You literally have nothing at all to worry about regarding std’s. I did the same thing as you, but unprotected oral for a very brief time. All of my tests have been negative. But my guilt and shame have been a 12/10 and it’s f’d me up for moths. I’m on month 10 of this hell and still in a ton of pain. In your situation, Im not sure I’d listen to the guys on here raving about infection. Some of that .... is nuts to be honest. And this is coming from someone who is still in disbelief that his case is not bacterial.

Don’t tell your wife, it’ll just hurt her and add to your misery. You screwed up, but you’ll be fine. Try not to obsess. I did that and it’s only gotten worse.

Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:56 pm

you are 100% sure oral was protected?

No breaks or slipping off of the condom?

My symptoms started 2 DAYS after the 'event' - 2 weeks is a long time.

I wouldn't tell the wife about the CSW because I think you may have caught an infection from your wife.

Doesn't mean your wife is stepping out, just some of her body's bacteria may not agree with you.

My Uro told me he has seen that happen before.

What are the exact diagnostics tests you have had?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:29 am

Have an update, OP?

Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:05 pm

100% is was protected, there was not even contact, because I had my hand in between. I was really checking this.
The only thing I am worried is the 2 seconds skin contact with buttocks, but this would be rare I think.

I will meet the uro soon, we will see what he says.
Did more std tests, all negative. Only thing I didn't checked is UU.
I know tests are not 100%, but chlamydia has sensitivity of +/- 97%, but I assume that after 6 times it should become positive if it was so.

Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:04 am

Hi Robie,

What is your diet like? Do you eat only organic with lots of yogurt and fermented foods? Do you eat a lot of sugar? Over time these can impact the immune system, your flora can get thrown off making you more susceptible to pathogens. Do you exercise as well? How old are you?

Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:28 am

Since 100% protected, forget the CSW experience. Meat stick to buttocks is a risk for absolutely nothing. I actually enjoy seeing stories like yours because it makes me feel like the "guilt prostatitis" is a real thing and my exposure was a brief dodgy BJ that was NOT protected. I'm still in pain 10 months later and sick of this. You'll be fine, and I can assure you there is no infection from the exposure you describe. And no, I wouldn't say anything to your wife. That guilt will slowly fade, as mine has, but hopefully your symptoms follow. Mine just haven't yet, although the severity is way down....

Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:14 pm

Just an update.

I think the bacteria became resistant.
I have it again.

Took 1 week doxy: testicle pain and urethr discomfort dissapeared slightly
Took afterwards 1,5g azm: no effect
Now I also have slight discharge (sticky, watery), and pain/ discomfort in perineum (prostate?)

I have so many STD checks, all negative.
Docs say condoms do not offer full protection and this happens...
Strange, then more people should have this I guess.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:08 am

Still coping with this issues.
Since symptoms came back I took:
1 week doxy
1,5g azm
1 week minocycline
6 days azm 500g
1 week cipro
All antibiotics, but no effect anymore.

Did another urineanalysis + urethral smear at doc in the morning.
Urine: 1 wbc, 3rbc no growth on culture, urethra smear (gram): no pus cells, no bacteria.
Cultures for ureaplasma and mycoplasma; negative
PCR: chlam, gon, trich, m. Gen, ureaplasma sps, gardnerella: all negative

Uro says its no NGU or std, but I need pelvic treatment.

Symptoms:
- discharge: clear scant, slightly sticky. All day long, leaves some sticky traces in underwear. It’s more after urination.
(It’s very strange for me that the urethra smear didn’t show any wbc)
- irritated feeling inside urethra.
- frequent urination during the day.
- sometimes dull feeling in testicles and perineum. Slightly pain, sometimes golfball.
- strange feeling upper legs
- all of the symptoms dissapear at night.

I think it is bacterial as I have the discharge + was resolved before with AZM.
But alle tests don’t show nothing, is it some mysterious bacteria.
Or was it just the inflamatory effect of AZM.
Sometimes I also think it’s Candida, as my wife was having this.
First I really tought it was m. Genitalium, but after 5 tests, I think it can be conclusive.
Later I tought Ureaplasma, but it’s also negative, or it hides somewhere in the prostate or biofilm.

Docs in Europe don’t give ABX without any clear indication, I was hoping to try moxy, but they don’t want to prescribe this.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:07 am

Hi
You have stress prostatitis from what I can see. I don’t think you have any more bacterial infection now than you had before your CSW encounter. No infection!!!
I probably have the same fear/stress prostatitis.

Your brain makes your muscles tighten. It can cause inflammation in your muscles in the pelvis and what else. (There are many people getting inflammation in backs, feet etc because of mind/body fears)
It will effect all parts down there. I would guess it is the cause of your discharge.
There are a lot of different pains and symptoms people get when stressed and you don’t know what is causing it.

As long as you fear, you will continue having problems.
Relax and meditation would be good for you. You will be fine!

ADMIN NOTE: I have to be very picky about what I allow to be posted as an external link, but links to other forums has not been allowed this one started in 2009. You may tell people to PM you, but I can't allow it to be posted in the forum. Thank you!

Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:11 am

I don't know if its bacterial or not.
I was cured 2 times with azithromycine, so that's strange...

I did a Microgen DX analysis, only there was an issue with the postage, and the samples only arrived 12 days after sampling.
One employee of Microgen stated 8 days is the norm, another employee stated 2 weeks... so still in doubt if it is reliable.
At least no STD's, but this I knew already. (or have been cured by the abx)

Anyway the results for sperm were:
bacterial load: medium 10,5-10,7
Staph epidermidis 99% total

Fungi: Penicillium brevicompactum

Urine:
total bacterial load: medium 10,5-10,7
Staph epidermidis 77%
Staph homionis 22%

Is read everywhere mixed things about s. epidermidis: it's a common bacteria but some reports mention it could be pathogenic in urethritis/ chronic bacterial prostatitis.

I will try to convince my GP to treat it. It's suspectible to Keflex and Vancomycine.(last one they will never give)

Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:06 pm

Hi Robbie,

I sent a prostate fluid sample only - not a sperm sample. My sample was a little delayed and came back with the same results. Any update?

Tue May 07, 2019 1:13 pm

I'm not sure what's really understood regarding bacteria in terms of whether they're common or not. These tests done for it are primarily lab based, so it's in a container that's grown most often from a swab or similar technique of sampling. That constitutes an extremely minimal level of reliability when attempting to extrapolate to the level of the bacteria being common. I see if a ton of bacteria is discovered every time it is swabbed from specific sites that it can be shown to occur there in higher populations. But then there's the question of frequency from those sites (e.g., skin surface, mouth / saliva, etc). Since bacteria have a very short life span, then it may be more likely they're continuing growth and populating an area of a surface that is conducive to continual regrowth, resulting in easy repopulation. But what's allowing for it? Why would a bacterial species easily repopulate a site sometimes and not others? And if they've fed upon the available nutrients at the site, how are they continuing to feed with no nutrients remaining, even for short amounts of time which is enough for the population to be completely gone? For prostatitis in me, how can a bacteria remain, even within a biofilm, if no nutrients are getting into the tiny spaces they're in?

Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 pm

AC1972 wrote:
Hi Robbie,

I sent a prostate fluid sample only - not a sperm sample. My sample was a little delayed and came back with the same results. Any update?

But you are cured right?

I did another urethra swab which revealed ‘gram positive cocci’ scant, and the lab says it is contamination.
My doc gave me macrobid (Nitrofurantoïne), but after 10 days still no effect. (I read it is not suitable for men, but it works agains staph)
I don’t know anymore, maybe I should ask for bactrim or keflex. (If he still wants to treat me)
I won’t test anymore for std’s or so, because anyway it’s negative.

I think I will stop the pelvic point therapy, it costs a lot of money and never made me feel better.
Also the therapist says if there is no improvement he will stop the treatment.

The urinary symptoms drive me crazy, the leakiness, discomfort in tip penis, the sticky glans penis, after dribbles, after dribble ejaculations. If think I have discharge and it feels so, but never saw a drip.
(Not yo mention the swollen scrotum feeling and perineum discomfort at times)
If I look into my penis meatus it looks red on one side with some white patches, and it is always very moist inside, anybody else has this?

If at least a few symptoms would stop would be nice.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:07 am

Try using anti fungal cream / OTC medicine. Fungi is known to rapidly colonize. Ever see a mushroom suddenly in a yard that wasn't there yesterday? And that's non-microscopic fungus.

Sat May 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Sounds like your wife had yeast infection and passed onto you. Most of us with prostatitis have yeast + bacteria what ive learned from my doctor is its usually more than 1 thing that causes symptoms when your immune system is overloaded it cant fight off multiple things. If its just 1 or a low grade infection your immune system can keep it in check. You should try some itraconazole and fluconazole. I would also have your partner checked. Thing about yeast is its harder to get rid of than bacteria =/. Everyone has staph its pretty common. I have it and no matter what amount of antibiotics i take it always comes back in the fluid. Its a skin bacteria so its hard to get rid of because its always in the urethra. Most people have it I wouldnt worry too much about that. Looks like your results had some yeast in at as well. Usually sperm test isn't as reliable because only a little prostate fluid is in the sperm.

Wed May 15, 2019 8:10 pm

My wife had indeed a yeast infection a few months ago. She was been treated with local micozanol.
I just bought some clotrimazol cream, and will try it.

My doc doesn’t want to prescribe flucozanole, as no yeast was found in my urine or swab.

My urologist performed a cytoscopy (ough) as he suspected a stricture because of the dribbling, but couldn’t find anything. He prescribed me lyrica 2x75mg.. to try if it works. And toviaz (fesoterodine fumarate) for the dribbling.
But now after a few days still no effect.

I don’t know what trearment to start.. I became very anxious and depressed by this condition.

I will try stretching and clean up my diet. (Anybody any succes with that)
I will try to lower caffeine, no alcohol and reduce sugars.
What else?

Fri May 31, 2019 1:35 pm

I had some relief from changing diet somewhat and really mild physical activity. The stretching that helped was low threshold and non-intensive, so gentle and light in all stretches. Stretching lower legs is a good approach, and targeting abs and above-hip side muscles works well too. However, if done too strong or intense, it can exacerbate pain and discomfort, I think. And do at the right time of day, which could be different for you than me, easily. I need to get back into those, and am probably going to try at night or 1-2 hours after waking up. Mid-day isn't practical for me because I think it is when I have the most tension, hence a danger of pulling a muscle or causing worse pain / problems. Again, it could be different for you.

Reducing sugar isn't going to amount to much. Your body needs sugar to activate other energy-producing molecules / chemicals, and to maintain homeostasis, which is a direct link to inflammation since it regulates body temperature and adaptive responses. Even if you eat vegan / vegetarian veggies and fruits and grains, etc, you're still going to require complex sugars, even if in a small amount. And that isn't an easy task to be consistent and thorough about...plus, it is expensive. Actually, the carbonation in pop is known to be a boost to energy and reducing acid build-up if not drinking in huge quantities. Wine and beer are also proven to affect positive gut reactions and relax muscular tension, at least without getting super drunk. Both of those alcoholic drinks contain sugars, with the exception of a number of specific products.

So, if you want to lower caffeine, then try caffeine-free or low-caffeine pops...no coffee or low / no caffeine versions...sip healthy tea with extras such as ginseng, gingko biloba, chamomile, etc...and refrain from anything else that has significant levels of caffeine. If worried about fungal infection, use an OTC medicinal cream or lotion. Look at increasing Vitamins B3, B6, B12, and K, all of which have shown to be important in regulating and making for healthy blood, brain, nerves, and skin. If you're getting exasperated from the anxiety of chronic pain and other problems, and not enough rest / relaxation, try Valerian Root or Lavender or Kava Kava, or a similar herbal in a pill / capsule to offset the stress and deterioration of essential rest and being relaxed. I don't advise or suggest taking Saw Palmetto, despite that it is research-approved to deter chronic inflammation. I got some lately and it doesn't work, and in fact I'm certain made my discomfort and pain worse while I was taking it. Vitamin E and Tea Tree Oil are also well-to-do anti-itch and anti-inflammation salves in the form of oil or in lotions / creams.

One of the worst things to do is drastically alter a ton of things at the same time only to discover you have no idea what's working and what isn't because it's so difficult to conclude based around all the different changes. However, it could be modified so if 8 changes are made (say: new diet, anti-fungal cream, lower sugar intake, no alcohol, no caffeine, stop lyrica, stop toviaz, and now stretching), then if it's not working, then try removing 1-4 of the changes or changing those back. Trial and error is the idea there.

Fri May 31, 2019 3:09 pm

Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I was indeed trying to make too much changes at the time. I will see what works and what doesn't, especially the lyrica, if it doesn't work I will stop soon.

Just to be curious, does anybody has also these symptoms:
- excessive sweating in the groin area? My underwear is damp by the end of the day, without doing any physical activity. (just sitting)

- Symptoms that come and go during the day. (every day), so sometime testicle pain/ discomfort, then penis pain, then perineum, golfbal,....
The only constant is penis tip irritation

- Painfull erections, like pain in the whole penis spreading from tip till behind scrotum?

Of course I have other symptoms, but these are more 'common' such as after dribble, very weak delayed ejaculations, maybe slight discharge,...

Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:38 am

To give an update on my condition:

I resumed unprotected sex with my wife, as nothing ever came up in a test.
Erections are a bit painfull, but not too bad, only a lot of leakage after ejaculation...

After 2 weeks I did another microgen dx test. Urine only, but a did a self prostate massage with a wand before the sample.
I thoroughly cleaned my penis with soap and washed my hands (and gently my penis) with alcoholgel to be absolute sure there is no contamination.

My results: PCR: none, bacterial load: low NGS: Staph Epidermidis 52% Staph Haemolyticus 42% and E coli 3%
So I think I can be 99% sure me and my wife are not sharing an STD (or must be an unknown one or a mutant of Chlamydia, Mycoplasma or Ureaplasma)

Suspectible to a lot of antibiotics, such as Augmentin, Bactrim (E coli not), ...
Still the same Staph + another ConS Staph. Still confused if they need treatment or not, I don't think my uro or GP will prescribe me antibiotics, but I read positive stories on the internet of treatment of staph epidermidis.

My symptoms are unchanged the last 6 months, still some suspected discharge / damp underwear, irritation in the tip of urethra, dribbling, weak ejaculation, sticky penis head..

Tried a lot of antibiotics and antifungals without results. (Only at the start a Z-pack made me 100% symptom free during 3 weeks -- 2 times)
I also tried Diflucan to eliminate a possible yeast infection: no succes.

I will now be trying a lot of non-antibiotics before heading to a doctor, but it is getting more and more depressing as there is no improvement at all.
Current strategy:
Supplements:
- Pollen mix (with Pygeum and Saw Palmetto), B-Mannose, Allimax (Garlic), General Vitamins, Magenesium citrate, Lugols Iodine (oral)
- I stopped for a while the Quercentin, Zinc and Turmeric.

Stretching
- daily stretching + internal wand (still experimenting don't yet know exactly how to really use it)

Healty life
- 1 coffee a day, lots of water, vegetables and fruits....

Mistake: I tried to locally apply Lugols 5% undilluted to my penis head and urethra, as it used to be some cure for urethritis or vaginitis.
Burned like hell, and now for the first time I have burning when peeing, and more watery discharge and a red and inflamed meatus.
I even did a dipstick test of my urine and it showed some Leukocytes. (which it never ever did before), so I think the urethra lining got damaged or so

Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:41 pm

Hi robie,
Can you advice me which procedures and tests is sufficient to find out the bacteria in the prostate ??you have been experience many thing ,
My main problem is that if I did intercourse with my wife without condom she will get E.coli and gram positive bacilli infection in her swab and urine culture this happen 3 times even after taking antibiotic ,all my test is negative urine ,semen ,EPS ,,is their anyother kind of test ?/I was searching for PCR test but in my area which is far from US doctor want to take very big amount of money without telling me any details .

Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:33 pm

You can always try microgen dx, they send a test kit to your home and send it back afterwards

Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next