Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Prostate Pain question (type of pain) 

Post Prostate Pain question (type of pain)
Hello,

I'm trying to pinpoint my recent pain. This is my first big flare up and I'm curious the type of pain others are experiencing. Currently if I press on my prostate area from the outside I do not feel pain. Do others normally feel pain directly in prostate area and can you feel the pain from outside? I do have a weird feeling on the butt cheeks that I assume is radiating from the prostate?

When I go to bed my butt cheeks spasm like crazy. I sleep on my side. If I try to massage the area on my butt, it kind of gives me an uneasy feeling in the stomach. Also doing a kegel squeezing my butt is slightly uncomfortable. Its so weird don't know how to describe it. I am going to try some acupuncture this week see how it goes. I was just wondering how it feels for others during flare ups.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:47 pm

Post Re: Prostate Pain question (type of pain)
I can feel it from the outside. If I massage the area even lightly the pain gets worse immediately. The ache always radiates to the left. I have it at the moment because I drank about a half shot of espresso earlier which I knew would kick it off but can’t give up everything.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:18 pm

When I sleep on my side, it feels more swollen in my prostate / perineum. I also get spasms in my urethra that extend to my rear. I usually try to sleep on my back or front because of it. When it doesn't cause problems, sleeping on my side is comfortable. I've had butt spasms too. The muscle twitches or jumps, and I also get a sharp, burning pain in my inner glute, almost always on one side or the other. I think it's nerve pain referring or radiating to my glutes. I may likely have a compressed or entrapped nerve. It doesn't take that for those problems to occur though. Tense, weak muscles can agitate nerves and cause inflammation and spasms and such. I've heard acupuncture is effective for those types of problems. Chiropractic also helps, according to reading I've done. I'm thinking of trying each one. My insurance doesn't cover acupuncture though.

Try massaging your lower abs, starting from below your rib cage and gently, 1-3 presses at a time, moving down to your waist. These are instructions I read of a technique for calming and preventing nerve sensitization. The sensitization is often a cause and/or result of prostate pain, even from the outside. It requires time for the sensitized nerves to return to normal, so it may not seem like it's working at first. Another approach is a heating pad or cold pack. I read it's suggested for 15-20 minutes max, and then can be done again later.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:38 pm

presto423 wrote:
When I sleep on my side, it feels more swollen in my prostate / perineum. I also get spasms in my urethra that extend to my rear. I usually try to sleep on my back or front because of it. When it doesn't cause problems, sleeping on my side is comfortable. I've had butt spasms too. The muscle twitches or jumps, and I also get a sharp, burning pain in my inner glute, almost always on one side or the other. I think it's nerve pain referring or radiating to my glutes. I may likely have a compressed or entrapped nerve. It doesn't take that for those problems to occur though. Tense, weak muscles can agitate nerves and cause inflammation and spasms and such. I've heard acupuncture is effective for those types of problems. Chiropractic also helps, according to reading I've done. I'm thinking of trying each one. My insurance doesn't cover acupuncture though.

Try massaging your lower abs, starting from below your rib cage and gently, 1-3 presses at a time, moving down to your waist. These are instructions I read of a technique for calming and preventing nerve sensitization. The sensitization is often a cause and/or result of prostate pain, even from the outside. It requires time for the sensitized nerves to return to normal, so it may not seem like it's working at first. Another approach is a heating pad or cold pack. I read it's suggested for 15-20 minutes max, and then can be done again later.

Interesting. Ya I wonder if my nerves got damaged on the flare up. I will try the AB trick. Thank you. I am actually going to try cold bath tonight followed by hot shower see if that helps. The spasms are wild. I was thinking about trying to work out but I don't know if that would make things worse. Got acupuncture appointment tuesday I will keep you guys posted. I'm losing my mind with the pain. Im new to prostate pain Ive just had all the other symptoms besides prostate pain. Just hoping dealing with it gets better with time.

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]