Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Does this sound like prostatitis? 

Post Does this sound like prostatitis?
My symptoms are a burning feeling in the rectum. As well, I have a throbbing sensation in my penis head, similar to a heartbeat. And at times, it feels like there is liquid in my urethra (but there isn’t) and this can make me feel like urinating more than I have to. Does this sound like prostatitis?

PS - I tested negative for stds and uti’s from urine analysis.

Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm

Post Re: Does this sound like prostatitis?
Sounds like prostatitis for sure.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:29 pm

yes it does.

My friend, I have the same symptoms.

I would suggest, for the rectal pain, you have conditions like anal fissure/hemmerhoids/Proctitis...ruled out by a colorectal doctor. Then if negative, head to a urologist.

All my symptoms started from an anal fissure.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:56 pm

Frank, assuming you’ve been to the Dr what did he say?

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 pm

The doctor ruled out stds and uti but gave me Suprax and Azithromycin anyways. These pills didn’t help. He then gave me Cipro but after the second pill I stopped as it was making me nauseous to the point of almost vomiting. I have an appointment to see my doctor again now to hopefully sort this out.

Two doctors checked my prostate and said it felt normal.

The rectal burning isn’t all that bad. But this throbbing in my urethra near the tip of my penis is very irritating.

Is it worth trying the Cipro again? And would a urologist do anything different from my family doctor?

Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Frank, what is your diet like...as in what fruits do you eat daily, what kind of grains like oats, wheat, rice, etc? Just curious.

Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:44 pm

Frankthor wrote:
The doctor ruled out stds and uti but gave me Suprax and Azithromycin anyways. These pills didn’t help. He then gave me Cipro but after the second pill I stopped as it was making me nauseous to the point of almost vomiting. I have an appointment to see my doctor again now to hopefully sort this out.

Two doctors checked my prostate and said it felt normal.

The rectal burning isn’t all that bad. But this throbbing in my urethra near the tip of my penis is very irritating.

Is it worth trying the Cipro again? And would a urologist do anything different from my family doctor?

My opinion stay away from Cipro and all the antibiotics related to it. If you and your Dr decide to try another course of antibiotics ask for a alternative. You would be better served by staying with your family Dr. The only reason to see a Urologist would be to do tests your family Dr doesn’t do, but that’s it. The advantage to staying with a family Dr is he or she will have more time than a Urologist to spend with you. A Urologist will look at test results and more than likely not find anything. Ask your family Dr about referring you for tests if you or they feel it’s needed.

Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]