Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Prostatitis caused by a prostate biopsy 

Post Prostatitis caused by a prostate biopsy
I have suffered with chronic non-bacterial prostatitis since having a template biopsy of the prostate 18 months ago.

Has anyone else had the same cause and did it eventually get go away?

Thanks

Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:32 pm

Post Re: Prostatitis caused by a prostate biopsy
Question- why did you have a biopsy in the first place? Or why did you Dr feel the need to do one? Me honestly never heard of anyone getting chronic non bacterial from having a biopsy. I know one thing tampering with such a sensitive area like the prostate will cause the prostate to become inflamed or more inflamed for a period.

Me personally because it's such a sensitive area to begin with only if it was absolutely necessary needed would i ever consider having a biopsy. I feel and it has come out that many Dr's do way to way that are really not necessary and another money maker for them.

Hope you feel better and reach out if you like.
Gary

Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:00 pm

A biopsy can easily be the cause of the prostate becoming inflamed. As inflammation goes hand in hand with prostatitis the answer is yes.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:22 am

Thanks for your replies.

Why did I have a prostate biopsy? Well, I had no symptoms at all but I was motivated by a prostate cancer awareness campaign to have a PSA test. My PSA result was borderline at 3.5 so I was referred to urology and given a template biopsy to rule out any malignancy (NHS protocol). 40 samples were taken.

The urologist thinks that my prostatitis is due to scar tissue and inflammation. He said it should eventually get better but 18 months on there is still no improvement.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:45 am

David, to be honest you were scammed by the medical community. Having a biopsy should never be part of a routine cancer awareness campaign. I can’t post links here but do some research on the man who discovered and is responsible for the PSA test. He has called it a “public health disaster “. Prostatitis, no matter how one is plagued with it is a very difficult problem to solve. There is no definitive cause so there is no one cure.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:23 am

yes my urologist said psa test is bunk but what's done is done.

I had a minute piece of prostate and bladder neck resected 14 months ago. I pee better now but my overall perineal mystery pain is double what it was before the surgery.

Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:02 pm

My uro said prostatitis can be caused by a prostate biopsy. I am sorry to hear this has happened to you.

it seems the prostate is very sensitive.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:01 am

If the system wasn't so corrupt and disorganized, lots of uncalled for procedures and protocols wouldn't have such a deterministic role in receiving care. Ever since my PCP said it's all in my head, I've considered changing doctors and offices/companies.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:57 am

I have to agree. After reading several excerpts from urological journals of the early 20th century, I am not impressed with modern medicine. I remember reading that silver nitrate irrigation was used...and although painful due to cathetherization, it was very effective in clearing up CBP caused by sexually transmitted pathogens.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:43 am

I bet you the Eclectics, America's 19th century doctors and herbalists before the beginning of the pharma industry, could treat chronic prostatitis better than modern medicine can today.

Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:45 pm

It sounds like you haven't checked into other possible causes than the ones you listed. Have you? If not, research and see what can be had. It may be daunting at first, but it could yield answers that haven't received an inquiry yet.

Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:23 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]