Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Stress a trigger?? 

Post Stress a trigger??
Hey,
I've been diagnosed with CPPS and my urologist is fairly certain its a muscle issue in my prostate region. Basically I get pains in my lower back, groin region. Biggest issue though is frequent urination and incomplete bladder emptying.
I saw a PT for a few months which helped to get my symptoms under control. I haven't had to take any medication or see my PT in about 3 months, but I've noticed my symptoms popping back up.
Seems to only happen when I'm stressed out or work way too much. My most recent bout has been on and off the past few days, but it seems to be keeping me awake at night now which has never happened before.
I'm guessing stress can trigger these issues?
Thanks

Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:36 am

Post Re: Stress a trigger??
Hi DD25,

I'm glad to here you got some relief for a short time.
You ask about whether stress is a trigger.

I was diagnosed with CPPS almost 20 months ago. I am only certain of one thing for me - my symptoms persist regardless of stress levels, tiredness, work load, etc. I exercise regularly and take care of myself but the pain and other symptoms carry on. My symptoms are cyclical - usually several quiet days (but not gone) followed by a period of 2-3 weeks of increased pain, etc. My Dr. is investigating other avenues of treatment but for the moment, I am able to live relatively normally with the help of some meds.

I have not been able to discern a pattern in my life and work - whether the cpps makes stress worse or stress makes the cpps worse. I keep track in a daily log of pain, symptoms, and more. I have not been able to draw a direct line to stress.

On another note, what did the PT do with you? When were you diagnosed? What other treatments were you taking during the time with the PT?

I just know that cpps goes through quieter and bad periods. Maybe that is what is happening for you. You may have a flare up coming. Many complain of waxing and waning symptoms.

Sorry to hear its keeping you up - not fun.
Lack of sleep definitely makes everything worse.

Carl

Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:02 pm

Post Re: Stress a trigger??
I am not sure if stress causes prostatitis but prostatitis sure causes stress

Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]