Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:30 am



Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 New member here need some guidance please 
Author Message

Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:19 am
Posts: 38
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
Arcpls0413 wrote:
I’m just scared of this thing being bacterial and getting worse, spreading going to a hospital that type of nightmarish scenario.


This is my fear as well. I just finished one month of antibiotics (Cipro, Doxy, Amoxicillan) and am feeling worse on day 41 than I was feeling on day 1. I am terrified it is some bug that is hard to kill and it is throwing up biofilms and I will get worse and worse and I will have to get admitted to the hospital. The urologist told me that was "unlikely." I hope I can get my prostate secretions tested in two weeks (I am just off of antibiotics today). I can't have my semen checked because I have retrograde ejaculation thanks to the Rapaflo I am taking for urinary urgency.


Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:24 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:15 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
You guys just completely ignored what I said.


You. Will. Not. Find. Any. Bacteria.

By all means, do the tests. But for the majority of people this condition is brought on by stress and anxiety. I can literally see the anxiety dripping from both of you with your constant need for reassurance.

Read what I said before, do the research yourself. There are TONS of men like us who have gotten better from this. I RARELY see anyone get better from antibiotics.


Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:04 pm
Profile

Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 9:48 am
Posts: 647
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
ma811 wrote:
You guys just completely ignored what I said.


You. Will. Not. Find. Any. Bacteria.

By all means, do the tests. But for the majority of people this condition is brought on by stress and anxiety. I can literally see the anxiety dripping from both of you with your constant need for reassurance.

Read what I said before, do the research yourself. There are TONS of men like us who have gotten better from this. I RARELY see anyone get better from antibiotics.


+1. I went through all these phases as well. Abxs caused way more problems than prostatitis itself and ultimately it just went away on its own in time. Almost never have I seen someone in these forums come in, take abxs, and get better.


Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:04 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 820
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
People get better for any number of reasons and often the reason cannot be found. Antibiotics were and still are for the majority of Drs the 1st line of treatment and have been for decades. I have had more recurring bouts than probably anyone on this board going back to the 1990s and antibiotics helped me the majority of the time and I never once tested positive for bacteria. On the other hand countless men take antibiotics and never seem to get better. You can’t make blanket statements and say this or that won’t help you any more than you can say what will. None of us know what others have, what caused it, or how to treat it. All we can do is offer advice based on our own experience with no idea if it might apply to someone else.


Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:59 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:15 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
Listen to yourself. It's insane.

Quote:
I have had more recurring bouts than probably anyone on this board going back to the 1990s and antibiotics helped me the majority of the time and I never once tested positive for bacteria


And yet you're still here, looking for that magic cure. Newsflash. Antibiotics have anti inflammatory properties. Either they helped you because of that or the placebo effect. Not ONCE has a doctor found bacteria in you over the 20+ years. Antibiotics kill biotic infections, if you don't have one, it's not going to help you long term. And actually it's going to completely wipe out any good bacteria you have in your body.

Quote:
None of us know what others have, what caused it, or how to treat it.


By all means get all the tests, visit a urologist, but if every test comes up clear and they can't find a reason for your discomfort. I think it's time to start looking inwards.

But please, keep posting here looking for that secret hidden bacteria. You're stubborn relentless pursuit of it will surely get you better!


Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:39 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 820
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
ma811 wrote:
Listen to yourself. It's insane.

Quote:
I have had more recurring bouts than probably anyone on this board going back to the 1990s and antibiotics helped me the majority of the time and I never once tested positive for bacteria


And yet you're still here, looking for that magic cure. Newsflash. Antibiotics have anti inflammatory properties. Either they helped you because of that or the placebo effect. Not ONCE has a doctor found bacteria in you over the 20+ years. Antibiotics kill biotic infections, if you don't have one, it's not going to help you long term. And actually it's going to completely wipe out any good bacteria you have in your body.

Quote:
None of us know what others have, what caused it, or how to treat it.


By all means get all the tests, visit a urologist, but if every test comes up clear and they can't find a reason for your discomfort. I think it's time to start looking inwards.

But please, keep posting here looking for that secret hidden bacteria. You're stubborn relentless pursuit of it will surely get you better!


Nice post ma. Unfortunately you failed to comprehend mine. You might try reading it and actually thinking about what I said. I’ll try once more but I doubt it will help. First I’m not looking for Bacteria. Never said I was. Second I’m not here looking for a magic cure. Never said I was. I’m here to offer what advice I can based on my experience. 3rd, antibiotics are very weak anti inflammatories. Lastly, I’m not smart enough to explain the disease or condition, and if you put 10 of the best minds in a room and asked their opinion you would find they wouldn’t be able to agree either. But one thing I’m smart enough to know is you would not be in that room.


Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:14 pm
Profile

Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:15 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
Quote:
I’m here to offer what advice I can based on my experience


Encouraging people to continue antibiotics when no bacteria has been found is harmful advice. It's not a blanket statement to say the majority of men do not have bacterial prostatitis. Look it up, more than 95% of men do not. So giving them a antibacterial drug isn't going to help. That's what I'm saying.

ADMIN NOTE: As I explained in my post yesterday, this is not FB and personal attacks will no longer be tolerated. Your opinion is one thing. Your remarks attacking the integrity of another poster is another. To summarize, you can post your opinion, but to make nasty remarks about another poster is no longer acceptable. I removed one poster yesterday. Anyone who continues with that behavior will follow him.

IT ENDS HERE.

Read my post here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2518


Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 am
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 820
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
ma811 wrote:
Quote:
I’m here to offer what advice I can based on my experience


Encouraging people to continue antibiotics when no bacteria has been found is harmful advice. It's not a blanket statement to say the majority of men do not have bacterial prostatitis. Look it up, more than 95% of men do not. So giving them a antibacterial drug isn't going to help. That's what I'm saying.

ADMIN NOTE: As I explained in my post yesterday, this is not FB and personal attacks will no longer be tolerated. Your opinion is one thing. Your remarks attacking the integrity of another poster is another. To summarize, you can post your opinion, but to make nasty remarks about another poster is no longer acceptable. I removed one poster yesterday. Anyone who continues with that behavior will follow him.

IT ENDS HERE.

Read my post here.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2518


Sorry I need to reply because again something is being attributed to me I did not say. At no time did I encourage anyone to take antibiotics when no bacteria is found. I simply stated my experience with antibiotics and the fact Drs typically prescribe them in the beginning regardless. Read the post instead of interpreting it to fit your argument. At no point did I mention anything about the majority of men having bacterial prostatitus. My blanket statement concerned your diagnosis about what will and what will not help men with this condition. If Drs and researchers knew the answer, and understood the condition, we would not be here.


Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:44 pm
Profile

Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:55 am
Posts: 429
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
ma811, I think I understand where you're coming from regarding the advising of antibiotics. I too have suggested alternatives because of the plethora of problems and failures to solve and/or diagnose via the presumption it is bacteria. Other presumptions I've encountered, whether it is bacteria or not and whether the diagnosis is non-bac or bac, are that regular and semi-intense exercise is going to resolve it or reduce pain/discomfort drastically, that OTC pain relievers are dangerous, that injections don't work, that severe diet changes are vital, and that phage therapy and the 3D clinic in China constitute fraudulence or scams. From research I've done, there's a vast quantity of scientific journal articles about studies conducted to understand and identify the actual causes of inflammation, nerve damage/dysfunction, and what antibiotics work for what bacterial species or what cases. Yet it's easy to presume bacteria because there is a readily available, potential solution, and because other chronic pain conditions are also deemed without a cure/solution so prostatitis/CPPS must be the same. The fact is the studies and research, and now changes in the health industry, are producing vastly better solutions and deterrents to chronic pain and bacterial infections. This understandably precipitates more frustration and difficulty with having a condition that it still seems is being placed on the backburner as far as progress to cures. It really is up to doctors to advise the use of antibiotics, but it's become so fraught with side effects from said abx, and doctors still commonly prescribe them seemingly or actually with no regard for those side effects, that the continuation of their popular use remains a sort of catch-22. If you're interested discussing alternatives and such to antibiotics, pm me. I don't know whether I have an infection or not, but I'm not partial to utilizing antibiotics when it's an unknown.


Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:58 pm
Posts: 148
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
Good luck seeing the NP me personally i like seeing the Dr as if that's who i made an appointment to see that's who i want to see and not get pushed off to see the NP, that's a way of as i say spreading the wealth around. Nahh no such thing they told you most guys see the NP for what you going for as what does the Dr do then read the comics!
I went through that years with a Dr i would see and i would say i WANT TO SEE THE DR, not here to see the NP if so i would have made an appointment to see the NP. So you have to open your mouth on who you really want to see unless you don't care who you see. They surely don't care so you have to stand up for yourself and advocate for yourself or you will get shuffled around like a deck of cards!

Gary


Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:13 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 820
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
bythebay wrote:
Good luck seeing the NP me personally i like seeing the Dr as if that's who i made an appointment to see that's who i want to see and not get pushed off to see the NP, that's a way of as i say spreading the wealth around. Nahh no such thing they told you most guys see the NP for what you going for as what does the Dr do then read the comics!
I went through that years with a Dr i would see and i would say i WANT TO SEE THE DR, not here to see the NP if so i would have made an appointment to see the NP. So you have to open your mouth on who you really want to see unless you don't care who you see. They surely don't care so you have to stand up for yourself and advocate for yourself or you will get shuffled around like a deck of cards!

Gary


Gary, I would actually prefer the NP. Not that I dislike my Dr but there’s nothing he will tell me I don’t already know anyway. The NP in the office I go to is the most understanding person working and never makes you feel rushed. Plus much easier to get into see. I can almost always see the NP the same day I call vs waiting days on a Dr, but I agree that if you want to see a particular person you have to be vocal about it from the start. People need to be able to see who they want and not be forced off on just anyone.


Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri May 08, 2015 2:59 pm
Posts: 663
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
I think the problem for me is indiscriminate use of antibiotics. My doctor gave me cipro yet my prostatitis did not start with a sexual encounter, and actually the last time I did that was months before. My prostatitis went away by itself, although I have been left damaged.

I think some antibiotics have fairly strong anti inflammatory activity Madcap, I'm not sure about cipro etc but minocycline does.

I think my feeling on the situation is antibiotics are sometimes helpful for prostatitis, but for chronic prostatitis that doesn't response to antibiotics it is often best to go the holistic route. Conventional medicine treatments tend to be overly harsh often, but not all of the time. There is a whole load of chronic conditions they are clueless about how to treat partly because it is pretty new I mean we've only been developing drugs a few hundred years at most. I will always be a big believer in plant medicine and a healthy natural diet.

ADMIN NOTE: At this moment, I can't allow 'external links.' This link was a good link, and if this post is of interest to YOU, PM Chris and ask him to send it to you via PM.
Sorry, I have to follow the rules I am given.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:22 pm
Profile

Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 am
Posts: 820
Post Re: New member here need some guidance please
Chris, cipros anti inflammatory potential is minor, and the problem with claiming that antibiotics effect on the prostate is because of that doesn’t explain why people can take large amounts of prescription strength anti inflammatories, which have a greater ability to reduce inflammation, and get nothing other than a temporary reduction of pain.

I agree they are over prescribed, at least in Cipros case, but it’s much more difficult to get them for extended periods of time than it used to be because most Drs now follow government guidelines just as they do with pain medication. The government has as much or more influence on what we get now than the Drs we go to see, at least in the USA.

You’re correct in my view about using a holistic approach to it when you’ve explored the traditional route. There are many ways to treat this that don’t include visits to Drs or urologists.


Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:21 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.