Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Trouble Sitting 

Post Trouble Sitting
Anyone found the perfect cushion to prevent pain while sitting due to prostatitis/CPPS? That's by far my biggest challenge. To date I have tried an air rubber inflatable donut that used to do the trick for many years, but now even that doesn't work if you need to sit for several hours at a desk job. Somehow I think sitting on an air cushion is the best that's out there, but you tend to wobble a lot, and again it doesn't relieve the pain after extended sitting. Standing works to a point but is very tiring. I've tried some of the contoured memory foam seats for CPPS, and related injuries, but they aren't padded/thick enough. Trying a thicker memory foam cushion as we speak, but not sure it's gonna work. Anyone found an ideal cost effective ($40 or less) solution to this agonizing problem?

Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Post Re: Trouble Sitting
Rocky, there’s a memory foam cushion on Amazon that’s fairly thick. I tried it and although it’s more comfortable at first I don’t think long term it will be as good as the donut. It sells between $35-40 I think. I’ve tried hundreds of dollars worth of cushions and always end up back on the donut. Think the main thing is not to sit for extended periods. Get up, move around etc.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:09 pm

Thx Madcap. My latest memory foam cushion also failed to stop the pain. It's comforting to know that the embarassing air donut is the best choice, so I can stop spending more money on other products that don't work. I used to be able to sit on the donut for hours but not any more. Someone has got to develop a better cushion that makes minimal contact with one's perineum.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:16 am

Rocky, I've several cushion - sitting is always a probelm. The best in my opinion is the G-seat ultra. This is a jelly cushion but quite expensive. Jelly could also be a problem in planes/security. Never used it during a flight.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:47 am

Thx, I might just give it a try. I hate to spend $187.60 CAD though. It doesn't look very thick. Does it provide adequate cushioning for the sensitive prostate/perineum area lol? I assume it's gel and not memory foam?

Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:54 pm

Rocky I have the G seat. At first I liked it, but you’re correct about it not being very thick. I believe it works for some people but it ended up not working for me.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]