Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 CBD Oil 

Post CBD Oil
I've been using CBD oil (CAnnTrust in Canada, 1000mg concentration, nominal THC) and after a few weeks it worked in controlling/reducing my prostatitis/CPPS pain. At first 1ml per day worked, then I had to up it to 2ml per day. This stuff is supposed to work long-term w/o need to increase dosage (once you find dosage that works for you), and yet it no longer works for me. Perhaps I need to try a different brand, higher strain, diff method (vaping, etc.). Anyone had experience with CBD. I stay away from THC (makes you high).

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 pm

Post Re: CBD Oil
No, I haven't had experience with CBD oil. Vaping might work, it makes marijuana more potent. What are the instructions for using it? Is it a rubbing oil, or something you smoke, or for tincture mixing? combination of those or something else?

There are a ton of different brands and types of CBD, I know that. I got into logo design a bit over the past two years to try to make some money on those contest web sites (99designs is one), and there were lots of CBD businesses looking for logos. Have you ever tried valerian root extract pills/capsules? I've heard fish oil pills are anti-inflammation too. I just don't want fish breath half or all the time. Perhaps I need to couch my gripes with certain potential medicines.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Presto, there are several brands of fish oil capsules you can take that won’t leave you with the fishy aftertaste. Always take them after your main meal of the day.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:13 pm

The CBD oil I take is taken orally, under the tongue.

Does fish oil really work as an anti-inflammatory? I find most supplements don't work as advertised.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Rocky007 wrote:
The CBD oil I take is taken orally, under the tongue.

Does fish oil really work as an anti-inflammatory? I find most supplements don't work as advertised.

Fish oil is not an overnight cure but if you are a person who has experienced this condition more than once it’s something worth adding to your daily routine.

Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:12 pm

I see what you're saying, Rocky. Even when a supplement works as advertised or called for by a popular internet source, it also has another effect too. Or a different effect entirely. I think there is a lack of knowledge or something regarding lots of vitamins, minerals, and herbs. I was prescribed fish oil pills over 15 years ago for low good cholesterol and high triglycerides. It apparently helps prevent atherosclerosis. Now there's research that may diverge from that, in which atherosclerosis is comparable to, and even has an underlying process similar to, osteoporosis. Some herbs that are advertised for relaxation are also said to increase or enhance energy. So how do I choose? How much does what?

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Agreed, Presto, I've tried 'em all and nothing works. Guess I'm looking for quick results. Bought a book by 25yr sufferer, E.A. Greene, on Amazon but doubt anything will work other than risky invasive procedures like silver nitrate, microwave, etc.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:21 am

There are so many things people can try but it’s hard advising people what or where to look at the beginning. So many variables depending on symptoms/lifestyle etc not to mention all the different things which can lead to similar symptoms. It’s a frustrating condition to deal with as well as very expensive when you consider how much money many of us waste looking for some sort of relief. CBD initially helped more with my mood than the actual problems and it wasn’t long before I felt it was making it worse.

Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:48 pm

My CBD oil provider, CannTrust, acknowledges that one can even develop a tolerance to CBD, and to experiment with higher doses. This seems rather risky and expensive to me. I think one might be better going off it cold turkey for a short time and then retrying the original dosage that worked. It seems that CBD oil is not a permanent solution to our pain. I dunno… need to experiment some more with it.

Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:01 pm

Smart idea to go off it and then retry. It's not the type of substance to remain at effective levels, hence it requires daily intake. However, it could accumulate and get stored, perhaps in modified forms via chemical reactions, and become less effective that way.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:02 pm

I took a cbd oil, prescribed by a health Canada approved Doctor. It comes from a lab with strict testing to ensure purest quality.

I tried it for a month, used up the bottle. No adverse effects but it did nothing for my symptoms. Snake oil as far as I'm concerned.

THC not an option for me as the high effect actually magnified my pain.

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]