Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Newly Diagnosed 

Post Re: Newly Diagnosed
Moel, the scope has risks just as any invasive procedure will have but I had no issues after mine. It was a waste of time but no problems because of it.

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:29 pm

Back from the urologist - the one that I like.

They had me urinate and then they looked at an image of my bladder. I emptied my bladder perfectly.

Then the doctor asked me about my progress. Being that my discomfort went down so dramatically this week and it has only been 11 days of Rapaflo, the doctor said we should stay the course and continue everything I have been doing (Rapaflo, supplements, PT, stretching).

He did not want to do a cystoscopy because it probably wouldn't show anything - his words, not mine. He said that we don't need to know the cause of my urgency if the treatments are working. He said he was happy to give me the procedure because he gets compensated for it but if he were me he would not do the cystoscopy.

If I plateau or regress, he will put me on Myrbetriq, a drug to treat OAB. Otherwise, he wants to see me in six months. He hopes that in six months I may be able to reduce the frequency of Rapaflo.

So I am relieved I didn't have the test but I am curious what it would have shown and I want to know why I have urgency.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:28 pm

Moel, even if you had the test it’s doubtful they would find anything. So it’s not really worth the risk, and the fact he said they didn’t need to know the reason is pretty much how this condition is viewed by Drs. They know that finding a reason for anything is going to be a long shot, and that includes knowing why you are responding to whatever they tell you to do. That’s how this condition and everything around it is treated.

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:03 pm

Sadly, I am back for my fourth battle with CP

Teeny, tiny pain at tip of penis when moving - sometimes not always. Really not bothersome at all but this is always how it begins.

Increased need to urinate - minor, not like the awful urgency I had last year. But I do have minor urgency when my bladder isnt close to full.

Occasional post void dribbling if I forget to do the clenching my PT taught me.

From January to today I was 100% fine.

No idea on the trigger - no recent sex, no travels outside the country. Plenty of anxiety and depression but that has been constant since 2013 (when I got my first episode).

I go to the uro on Wednesday and will ask for an analysis of my prostate secretions or a semen analysis. I never had one before. If I test positive, I will take antibiotics. If negative, I will roll the dice and see if I can handle this episode with supplements, Aleve and Rapaflo (if necessary).

The two weeks last year where I had unbearable urgency every time I stood up were the worst two weeks I can remember. I am scared for that to happen again.

Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2