Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Finally PCR found " Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum"? 

Post Finally PCR found " Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum"?
Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum is the bacteria found in semen. Has anyone exp this bacteria?

The test performed on semen is looking for more than 20,000 copies of bacteria before even considering the cause.

Since all my urine analysis and basic cultures have been negative and this test is the only one positive could this be the cause of all?

How do you treat it? I couldn't find any Abx that works against it...Will discuss with doc in upcoming weeks.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:43 pm

Post Re: Finally PCR found " Corynebacterium tuberculostearicum"?
http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... 1&type=pdf

Read here!

Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:16 pm

Wow! What kind of test did you take to get that result?

This is a link I'm sure you have already looked up. http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... MC3421492/

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:02 pm

How do I ask for that test?

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:04 pm

Bedford research lab in Boston does PCR testing on Semen to identify prostate infection.

Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:58 pm

Hey Mate.

I discussed RNA testing with my Infectious disease dr today in the hope that they might do something locally. Pretty much they brushed the idea aside, said that the testing didnt really help, and that corynebacterium could be found in the prostate anyways... so i'm now at the end of my treatment options locally... no sure what to do now...

Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:21 pm

what do you mean corneybacterium could be found in the prostate? Bro last time I had my prostate semen check (EPS) they couldn't find any bacteria this is when I was healthy...

The problem is I wouldn't care if It wasn't causing arthritis....Something in my body is causing arthritis...

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:42 pm

worldofxbox wrote:
what do you mean corneybacterium could be found in the prostate? Bro last time I had my prostate semen check (EPS) they couldn't find any bacteria this is when I was healthy...

The problem is I wouldn't care if It wasn't causing arthritis....Something in my body is causing arthritis...

my dr suggested that the corney is normally found in both healthy and unhealthy prostates and that potentially they do awol if you are immune compromised and become and issue, but that generally they are there in the semen so she rules them out for me.. im not saying they are not the problem, just saying that i was told they appear in prostates of healthy males aswell.. :( they are hard to culture..

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:05 pm

They say that with most bacteria it seems, also Enterrococus even though it should never be found in the prostate.

I wish there were infectious disease urologists, then we might get somewhere, just hard cause Urologists are surgeons and Infectious Disease docs don't really understand prostatitis.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:56 pm

Quote:
I wish there were infectious disease urologists, then we might get somewhere, just hard cause Urologists are surgeons and Infectious Disease docs don't really understand prostatitis.

That's it exactly, Satch. Urologists area not trained for this, and even worse, in the US they are wrongly trained to think only 10% of prosatitis is bacterial.

Corynebacterium Group G are very strongly associated with prostatitis whereas the other Corynebacterium groups are not. Corynebacterium bacteria in general are commonly found but Group G is almost exclusively found in men with prostatitis.
Source: Some etiopathogenetic aspects of chronic prostatitis: mycoplasmas, coryneform bacteria and oxidative stress
by Silver Türk, Tiiu Kullisaar, Paul Korrovits, available at Amazon.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:18 pm

Do you know good drugs to treat it?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:38 pm

JoeW: You make interesting point and I agree take me an example...Do you know a good drug to treat this?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:39 pm

Not offhand. I would use google scholar and search on "Corynebacterium and antibiotics".

Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:18 pm

JoeW wrote:
Not offhand. I would use google scholar and search on "Corynebacterium and antibiotics".

other than sending away for this test you did ( i cant seem to get any email replies from the place that does it ), are there any other tests that can be done to check for things like Corny?

Did you have any direct email addresses of people that you have contacted, im overseas so an email is the best options.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:57 pm

If United Medical Lab not responding to email call them at 703-356-4422. I had reason to call them not long ago and they were caring & helpful. I do not know whether they can check for corynebacteria as this takes special testing.

http://prostatitis.org/redirect.php?lin ... actus.html

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:34 pm

I know this is an old thread but i got corny in my pcr test too... :/

Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]