Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 After 2 years of remission, prostatitis has returned :( 

Post After 2 years of remission, prostatitis has returned :(
Hello everyone,

Well, the beast is back. I was 95% better for over 2 years (it gradually improved on its own without intervention). But last week I went on a long car ride, and it flared up my prostatitis.

This is the 2nd time that a long car ride has triggered a big flare up for me, so I know that is a trigger that I will have to avoid in the future. Perhaps a seat cushion would help. Or taking breaks during the trip to get out of the car and move around. Or just avoiding long road trips altogether.

What's interesting is that during my remission period, I worked as a courier driver and spent 8+ hours in the car everyday and I had no issues. BUT, the difference is that with that job, I was getting out of the car every 15 minutes. During this past road trip, I was just sitting in the car without getting out for 3 or 4 hours. So it appears to not be the total amount of time sitting in the car that aggravates the issue, but rather the amount of time sitting without a break.

I'm seriously bummed out about this though. I'm starting a new job within the next week and I hope this doesn't cause problems. I'm hopeful that since this went away once, it can resolve itself again.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:13 pm

Post Re: After 2 years of remission, prostatitis has returned :(
It might just be a temporary thing so I wouldn’t get to worried at this point, but sitting for extended periods without moving around is never a good idea. Fortunately I don’t find myself doing it very much but if I do I get up and move around or stand. I had to get bloodwork today and there were several in front of me so I stood up and leaned against the wall.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:17 pm

The same happened to me, after a few years with little to no trouble after a long car ride everything went wrong again.
Did you had to urinate very badly or did you have cramps during the car ride.
Not to give you negative thoughts, but in the meantime I have suffered more than 4 years.
It has become a bit better in case of urge, but the pain in the perineum remains.
You can find my story here on the forum.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:18 am

Jiskefet wrote:
Did you had to urinate very badly or did you have cramps during the car ride.

No and no.

It was only about a 5 hour drive. And I got out of the car once about 3 hrs into it. Towards the end of the drive I started noticing some mild pain in my perineum and I thought "Uh oh". And sure enough, the next day it was all flared up. And it's been nearly 2 weeks and things haven't toned down much unfortunately. But I will let you guys know if and when this flare up tones down.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:27 pm

I'm back for an update.

Happy to report that my flare up has gradually toned down. About 80% better I would say. Not quite as good as I was doing before the flare up, but I'll take 80% improvement any day.

I will have to remember to not sit for long periods of time in the future. This has certainly been a learning experience.

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]