Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Anyone applied for Disabilty for severe symptoms? 

Post Anyone applied for Disabilty for severe symptoms?
I won't go into my history. Bottom line, I have been miserably suffering for almost 2 years. So much so that I could no longer work. I have a job in Information Technology...our team supports Network Servers for a 24/7 Corporation.

Anyways, my 70 hour work weeks combined with rotating 24/7 on call support, sent me off the edge. My pain so intense I literally stopped working 18 months ago...by the way I had no previous history of missing work.

Anyways I am still battling for Disabilty pay. My doctor has been great, supporting me with endless documentation.

Currently the Insurance provider is playing their stall game, constantly requesting more info, then taking months to respond.

I contacted a lawyer last week and they agreed to take my case.

Just curious if anyone else has had to go down this road?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:47 pm

Post Re: Anyone applied for Disabilty for severe symptoms?
No, but usually people get turned down the first time they try. Are you trying to draw full disability?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:46 pm

Yes, long term disability.

They denied my initial application. Now I am in the appeal process. Incredibly frustrating, they do not play fair.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:42 pm

My wifes Dad got it on the 3rd try and a friend got it on the 3rd. It’s usually a 2-3 year process. Just keep at it because they try to discourage people enough so they give up. Hope it works out race.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 am

ahhhhhh, 2 to 3 years? I can't wait that long I'll see what the lawyer says.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:18 am

Usually it takes three times. The third time with a lawer on board seems to work in most cases.

Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:21 pm

OK thanks all.

Was just officially denied on my second try..."severity of symptoms do not prevent you from performing your own job"

I hope the lawyer can be successful on try 3.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:33 pm

I found a Disabilty lawyer who specializes in chronic pain cases....fibromyalgia, chronic complex pain syndromes etc. He told me that trying to get approved on your own is difficult if not impossible. The appeal train actually never stops, the insurance company traps you by endlessly requesting more information/evidence.

Anyways he took my case, no cost to me unless he wins, he says he can so we shall see.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:54 pm

Race I think you will eventually get it. Be patient and don’t give up. Best of luck to you.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:34 pm

I applied and was denied. I don't have money for a lawyer or much support from my PC doctor. You'll probably get it with the lawyer. It's a debilitating condition, and it's wrong that insurance companies pull the tripe they pull. Good luck to you.

Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:10 pm

presto423 wrote:
I applied and was denied. I don't have money for a lawyer or much support from my PC doctor. You'll probably get it with the lawyer. It's a debilitating condition, and it's wrong that insurance companies pull the tripe they pull. Good luck to you.

I'm sorry to hear that. Search for an insurance Disabilty lawyer in your area. My lawyer does not charge me, but takes 30% if he wins the case, if we lose the case he pays his costs.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]