Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Confused as to what's going on, but would love some input 

Post Confused as to what's going on, but would love some input
Hey, I'm 33, obviously male, fairly fit, mixture of sedentary and active life.

Ok, so I'm going to do my best to be as detailed as possible going from a span of close to two months. It basically started after a leg day session at the gym. I came home to unwind and decided to masturbate. So I start and suddenly there's a pinching pain on the right side of my shaft. It's not like a OUCH! pain or stabbing pain, but it's a dull ache, think about someone lightly pinching your elbow and holding it... I finish and leave it alone. It continues for maybe 2 weeks or so... at a consistent rate and then fades into maybe an occasional tight pinching pain or pin prick in the same general area, but usually just under the head on the right of the shaft where I have a small plaque node that has been there since 2002-ish, or on the right side of the head. This was annoying for a bit, and I made some posts on peyronie's disease forums thinking that node was scar tissue and that I should prepare for a bend.

Well once the pain began to fade, I didn't really pay too much attention to it. Then I got hit with a weird case of jock itch that I still currently have, and started treating that with Balmex which is a zinc oxide cream. It starts from the top of the buttcrack and follows the crack through to behind the testicle. At first I thought this might be prostate pain surfacing as a rash feeling, but the skin is bumpy in spots, has slowly spread, is red from the looks, but it's obviously hard to see, and reacts to topical applications of oils, creams, etc, so it's not deferred pain from what I can tell. Yet, here I go, hopping onto the internet looking for symptoms as to why I would have a pain in my penis and a rash, and it starts giving me prostatitis, or thrush, jock itch, pelvic floor (which had been suggested to me with the initial pinch sensation in the penis), a bunch of STDs and STIs, but I haven't had sex with anyone in the past 6 months as I've been trying to sort my .... out after a rough break up. Well it was while I was googling that I suddenly got an intense urge to urinate, like a panic stricken urge or notion to do so. So I peed, and then walked away, to still have that same urgency feeling after. It felt like there was fluid trapped in my tubing, and like a weird sensation at the tip of my penis, so back on google again, and the same results appear of course. I figured maybe I had a UTI or something, so I waited for a good part of the week to see if it would go away or keep going, urgency symptoms persisted intensely for 5-6 days, I slept on the floor on towels as I felt like I might leak at night, which I never did, and sat in a hard as hell chair with very little support all hunched over as I didn't wanna ruin my good one. I even took the AZO pills to try and qualm the urge and sensation and it did little if anything to help. During this time... might've been the hard floor I slept on or that chair, but my renal, upper, and lower back began to hurt, which I figured was for sure a UTI, so I phoned my doc on his next office day, in which he prescribed 500mg Cipro for 5 days. Now, the day my Rx was ready, I felt pretty good. Symptoms subsided for the most part, but I decided to take the antibiotics anyway, and felt pretty good on them. I finished the 5 days of Cipro last Saturday so we're at about a week now. The thrush/jock itch is back, which I'm trying to handle, and I occasionally feel some urgency symptoms here and there. It's weird, it feels like there's some fluid in the tubes for a bit, and when I would kegel before I could feel it almost, but now not so much.

The seat of my butt is somewhat hot, but I'm gonna guess it's due to the rash, but I'm kind of at a loss here. From what I've read here, these symptoms, if they are prostatitis, shouldn't dissipate so quickly if at all, and I should have plenty of other symptoms to go along with it. I have a doc, but I really can't afford to go see him right now, and didn't think I would need to given that things were improving, but when I have instances like tonight where I get that sense of urgency again, I feel like I should... but I don't want to waste money trying to figure out some illusive issue that was just in my head, or just a weird case of jock itch, etc. I suppose the potential for all these symptoms to appear coincidentally is possible, and maybe I pinched a lower spinal nerve or entrapped something for a short time, and the urine urgency thing was panic and anxiety mixed with some pelvic floor dysfunction... I don't know. I do know that there's no pain when urinating, no pain with ejaculation, no consistent pain in my pelvis, but I get pings and pains here and there which I usually have for the most part given my active workouts and lifestyle. There's no blood in anything, no issues passing movements, although the antibiotics and subsequent probiotics cleaned me out, so it's been a few days since my last one. All I have is the jock itch that burns or itches, the occasion dull back pain that seems to be improving, and the urgency which literally comes and goes even with the change in my sitting posture, and is hardly present if ever when standing.

I will say this, I have felt this sense of urgency and fluid stuck in my tubes before right after my surgery to have a testicle removed due to testicular cancer. Obviously there was a ton of anxiety and worry during the wait for pathology, but this sensation eventually went away thankfully, so I'm hoping it does so again.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? Is it Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, anxiety, bad case of jock itch... what? I know googling only makes me feel like I'm going to do lol.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:15 am

Post Re: Confused as to what's going on, but would love some inpu
OhHey wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas as to what this might be? Is it Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, anxiety, bad case of jock itch... what? I know googling only makes me feel like I'm going to die lol.

Replying for spelling correction there.

Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:27 am

Did you wash your hands / shower after the gym? Could you have picked up a staph infection or something?

Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:29 am

AC1972 wrote:
Did you wash your hands / shower after the gym? Could you have picked up a staph infection or something?

I suppose anything is possible, but I wear gloves at the gym, and usually hit my hands with sanitizer before leaving. I'm feeling fairly normal today, aside from the itchy parts, but it's circular patches so it's definitely jock itch/ring worm.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:32 am

I hypothesize, and think it is actually the case, that certain things enter through skin (including bacteria, fungus, viruses) and become a problem or problems how you'd not expect them to according to common diagnoses. I've had recurring groin and anal itch for the past several years, not how I've ever had it before. It may have something to do with changing clothes, moving from up north after finishing college, or being more vulnerable due to other things I don't want to list in one or multiple postings. I was trekking through forests in the U.P. for classes and recreationally, and may have contracted something in the bog. The point is I really don't know where I got it. I think what's essential is to learn what's wrong with me and do as much as I'm capable of doing to cure myself. Sometimes knowing where it comes from, or how I may have gotten it helps in finding or making a solution. One thing that relieves itching for me is an anti-itch cream or powder, and if it keeps coming back, then perhaps wearing a pad or extra clothing could help. Temperature variation can cause itching too.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:06 pm

presto423 wrote:
I hypothesize, and think it is actually the case, that certain things enter through skin (including bacteria, fungus, viruses) and become a problem or problems how you'd not expect them to according to common diagnoses. I've had recurring groin and anal itch for the past several years, not how I've ever had it before. It may have something to do with changing clothes, moving from up north after finishing college, or being more vulnerable due to other things I don't want to list in one or multiple postings. I was trekking through forests in the U.P. for classes and recreationally, and may have contracted something in the bog. The point is I really don't know where I got it. I think what's essential is to learn what's wrong with me and do as much as I'm capable of doing to cure myself. Sometimes knowing where it comes from, or how I may have gotten it helps in finding or making a solution. One thing that relieves itching for me is an anti-itch cream or powder, and if it keeps coming back, then perhaps wearing a pad or extra clothing could help. Temperature variation can cause itching too.

Well I did dig for home remedies before I knew what kind of fungus it was. I assume since I've seen rings at this point that it's ringworm and needs to be treated as such, so I'm currently using Balmex again which is a zinc oxide, and doing epsom salt baths at night with a couple drops of tea tree oil. I stay in the tub for as long as I have time for. This has relieve a bit of the itch and burning sensation, but each fungus and rash is different and responds different and might even need a trip to a doc or a clinic visit for a prescription tube of something.

Unfortunately for me, rashes aren't too uncommon as I have a thyroid issue, which can weaken my immune system and makes me susceptible to yeast overgrowth. I also do a lot of camping and hiking, when I can, but I have excellent hygiene for what it's worth. I had a horrendous rash on both tops of my feet about 2 years ago, that stayed there for about 6-8 months. Of course I had to wear shoes, so keeping the areas dry was nearly impossible just my my crotch. I tried everything to get rid of it... tumeric foot washes, eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, balmex, toothpaste, nothing helped, and it would blister, pus, and peel relentlessly. I finally broke down and went to the clinic where I was prescribed and oral anti-fungal and a topical anti-fungal cream. Neither worked. Finally I went to CVS and bought the cheapest, biggest can of RAVE hairspray they had, took it home and drenched my feet and let them air-dry in front of a giant box fan. Sure enough this worked! I was amazed. I spent probably $250 trying to treat it in other ways, with creams, oils, and doctors, and I could've spent $2.50 on hairspray and killed it, no sweat. Now before anyone asks, I've already tried to spray my crotch with hairspray, and it was not a smart move. It burned horribly and irritated the skin even more. I think the skin is far too sensitive for something that abrasive, unlike my feet. When I had this before, I used a bleach cleaner for mildew and I would never ever recommend it to anyone. It did eventually work, but I doubt it's healthy at all.

In your case though, if treatment simply doesn't work, you might have some form of eczema in the crotch, and you need to change your diet, start air-drying the area, and see if that changes anything.

Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:05 pm

So to update, still feeling better than when I first noticed these issues. I have some minor back pain right above the left hip, but no real other obvious pains anywhere. The jock itch is still present, but I'm trying to treat it. It feels good when the balmex cream is applied, but it burns if I wipe myself, or if I remove the cream from the area, like it's still raw. I'm going to grab some epsom salt tomorrow probably, and start doing more baths and using the cream in between. I really want to kick this rash, because I feel like it's messing with me down there. My bladder doesn't feel the same as it did before when it was full, but nothing feels right with this balmex cream on. I think it could be the suppressing or numbing effect from the cream? I don't know, but I don't like it. If anyone has any other insight on my original topic though, I'd appreciate some input.

Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:22 am

Still seemingly on the mend? Trying to treat the rash a bit better, today was almost 100% normal, but I kinda lapsed a bit. I think I've over-thinking sensations down there and it's causing me to freak out about it. Can't wait for this to be gone.

Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:17 am

Well I would still say I'm hanging at about 95-99% on the daily now. Some days are a bit worse than others, but I think I've made a connection... maybe. I went off the Balmex and went to Lotrimin to better treat the rash, which is located on both upper-inner thighs, behind the testicles and in the buttcrack. Buttcrack has steadily improved quickly, but it still itches and burns on occasion. The spots in the thighs are the worse though as these have blistered and then bubbled up. I've been doing epsom salt and apple cider vinegar baths, and these bumps appeared in cohesion with the lotrimin and bath regiment. It's better than the open raw skin before, but I'm still trying to treat it fully. Anyway, I had zero symptoms today until I reapplied an alcohol based product to my crotch that caused the area to sting and burn. Hours later and it's still stinging a bit, but obviously the muscles and nerves tightened up... well as soon as I applied that stuff, here comes a little bit of the urgency sensation. No leakage, but there is a wet feeling on the tip of my penis, like the area is cold or moist. It's odd. I noticed the symptoms persist whenever I apply a treatment to the crotch area, so I'm wondering if my sensations are the result of the rash being treated with product. I wish I could kick it fully to the curb, but it's proving to be stubborn. Bladder issues seem ok. I had a full/full-ish bladder earlier while relaxing and there was a slight tenderness on the pelvic... pubic pad area? Like right below my scar from my TC surgery. I noticed it only because it stood out to me, but in any other scenario, I would've chocked it up to a full bladder, so I doubt it's anything more than that.

I think the antibiotics messed up my gut though as I haven't had many bowel movements up until today, where I had a decent one. Prior, it was maybe a little bit here and there. I don't wanna strain too much obviously, but I might grab some high-fiber caplets or foods tomorrow and try and sort that out asap. Lower back pain is nearly gone... only really present when I sit and lean forward, so I'm hoping this entire situation is finally disappearing fully. Still not fully 100% certain about the cause other than anxiety, or rash product and attempted treatments. Just glad it seems to be improving.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:42 am

ACV bath is at least a big dangerous with a rash. It's high acid content, hence a reason why it's suggested to drink 1tsp per cup of water of it. I hear you though about trying different stuff, even something that hurts a bit and then causes a recovery or healing. Similar to peroxide on an open wound. You sound nutrient deficient, probably dehydration too. I have the same problem. I can't post a link obviously, but there's a web page I read a list of signs of being nutrient deficient in various vitamins. I thought I'd have the signs of Vitamin D deficiency, but I don't. Instead, some of the signs of Vitamin B deficiency in every type of Vitamin B are what I have (including paresthesia, dysesthesia, headaches, peripheral neuropathy, and one or two others). Not having a b.m. daily, and muscles tightening up can also cause the abnormal sensations and tenderness, and could be a result of nutrient deficiency. One of the specific signs of a Vitamin deficiency is itching, rash, and irritation in the upper thighs. I have it often, and I don't have a rash. I've had hemorrhoids for a long time, and only in the last few months have those decreased to not be as much of a problem as far as irritation, itching, and pain. I also get the cold and wet feeling at the tip, and other parts of my groin, but rarely or never in my thighs/hips/glutes/upper pelvis.

Your rash could likely be a result of damaged, misplaced, and/or oversensitized nerve(s). Yet the lotion and stuff you're using is mostly alleviating, so perhaps it's really helping and you don't have what I described. I also started taking hydrocodone+acetaminophen (Vicodin), which has side effect of constipation. I was already having constipation, but not how I got it when I started the Vicodin. It seems that lots of pain relief medicines have a high probability to cause constipation. Is it shutting off nerves in the gut? I don't understand for myself.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:59 pm

presto423 wrote:
ACV bath is at least a big dangerous with a rash. It's high acid content, hence a reason why it's suggested to drink 1tsp per cup of water of it. I hear you though about trying different stuff, even something that hurts a bit and then causes a recovery or healing. Similar to peroxide on an open wound. You sound nutrient deficient, probably dehydration too. I have the same problem. I can't post a link obviously, but there's a web page I read a list of signs of being nutrient deficient in various vitamins. I thought I'd have the signs of Vitamin D deficiency, but I don't. Instead, some of the signs of Vitamin B deficiency in every type of Vitamin B are what I have (including paresthesia, dysesthesia, headaches, peripheral neuropathy, and one or two others). Not having a b.m. daily, and muscles tightening up can also cause the abnormal sensations and tenderness, and could be a result of nutrient deficiency. One of the specific signs of a Vitamin deficiency is itching, rash, and irritation in the upper thighs. I have it often, and I don't have a rash. I've had hemorrhoids for a long time, and only in the last few months have those decreased to not be as much of a problem as far as irritation, itching, and pain. I also get the cold and wet feeling at the tip, and other parts of my groin, but rarely or never in my thighs/hips/glutes/upper pelvis.

Your rash could likely be a result of damaged, misplaced, and/or oversensitized nerve(s). Yet the lotion and stuff you're using is mostly alleviating, so perhaps it's really helping and you don't have what I described. I also started taking hydrocodone+acetaminophen (Vicodin), which has side effect of constipation. I was already having constipation, but not how I got it when I started the Vicodin. It seems that lots of pain relief medicines have a high probability to cause constipation. Is it shutting off nerves in the gut? I don't understand for myself.

Good input and good questions. I probably am Vit D deficient in some ways, since I work when the sun is out, and I don't take a multi-vitamin or any supplements that cover vitamin D. As far as pain meds go, I believe it does shut down nerves that are necessary to digest properly, and rapidly, but cannot confirm. I'll lay off the topical ACV, but there's definitely a rash for sure. I'll be 100% transparent here. I had a really high sulfur based dinner one evening, and was constantly ripping air, and I recall the itch began in the crack after multiple wind breaks. I assume there was some matter that came with that pushing and passing, and thus birthed my initial anus itch, into the full crack, then towards the testicles. Creams do alleviate symptoms, and applying topical alcohol based ointments or solutions causes it to burn, so I have to assume it's not the sensation of a rash, but an actual rash. I might need to look into a multi-vite now though. Gonna start taking garlic too, which naturally combats internal candidiasis.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Interesting you brought up how you had a sulfur-high dinner that you think led to the problem. I was reading about gluten, and how it's made is through cross-linking of disulfide bonds. Disulfide is S[subscript]2[/subscript], which is basically pure sulfur. There's a strong notion that gluten sensitivity is due to something other than the sulfur, but I think it may be part of the issue. The stronger the cross-linked sulfur bonds, the more the dough rises, from what I read on Wikipedia. Sulfur is often high in pastas, which is made of grains, and soups which contains large amounts of various grains. It's also the primary component of a basic match, which if you were to light a match and sniff it up close, would most likely stifle your sense of smell and likely induce a bit of nasal or lung inflammation. I know it sounds like E-grade detective work, but sometimes the cause is simpler to get to than it seems. I've had gas problems for years, and I think it finally culminated in helping to cause hemorrhoids and irritable bowel syndrome. It's daunting to consider such a seemingly vast range of potential causes for a far lower number of disabling problems.

Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]