Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Blood Test for Myco/Urea? 

Post Blood Test for Myco/Urea?
I know there are a few of us here who have gone from positive to negative myco/urea and still suffering symptoms.

I do believe even if this thing goes negative on fluid tests, its still there. Think about it, it lives IN our cells. The reason bacteria are picked up in tests is because with fluids (Urine, semen), you push them out. I think in Chronic Urea/myco, they are in our cells and don't show up. Some web sites compare this to a virus more than a bacteria...and as you all know, most viruses are incurable, they just go into remission and your body just suppresses them (HSV, HPV, etc). There was a lady on a foum who actually felt anti Herpes medication helped with her Ureaplasma infection.

Anyway, who cares really. To the real question. Anyone know of any places that do blood test IGG/IGM for Ureaplasma/Mycoplasma? I know I've seen places test IGG for Mycoplasma Pneumonia, which of course is the one that gets all the attention since it makes lung infections, of course no one cares about Ureaplasma and Myco Hom/Genitalis. Sad.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:27 pm

Post Re: Blood Test for Myco/Urea?
"I do believe even if this thing goes negative on fluid tests, its still there"

I think you've identified your problem.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Post Re: Blood Test for Myco/Urea?
I don't know of places other than the MicroGenDX place, and one or two other places I saw online but don't remember the names of, that do a blood test for myco/urea. I read a study that claimed there is a high probability and incidence of contamination in lab cultures/tests of myco and ureaplasma. They're also quite similar in effects/symptoms to other organisms, bacteria/virus/fungi, which presents another issue of identifying the actual cause(s). Trial and error seems to be the only way to really know if a medicine would work or not.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]