Visit Prostatitis.org    
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New Here-Am Confused & No Clue What To Do 

Post New Here-Am Confused & No Clue What To Do
I’ve always had a really hard perineum when I’ve had an erection. Girlfriends and doctors never really thought this was abnormal. I’d sometimes get a dull ache there during sex or masturbation. AlmOst like I banged my elbow.

Anyway I stopped paying attention to it. I seem to be in otherwise good health. No symptoms of any kind until about a year or so ago.

I started experimenting with prostate play a little over a year ago but didn’t do anything out of the ordinary but for some reason am thinking it may have awoken a beast.

I started noticing a bunch of symptoms that prompted me to go to the doctor. Burning in my penis tip, more frequent urination, small amounts of discharge during urination that occurs when sitting down on the toilet and small sticky dishcharge overall. But the scariest one was during intercourse. Sometimes during sex the aching is pretty bad, and when I actually climax the muscle contractions cause the most intense pain, almost as if my scrotum is going to spasm so hard it’s gonna rip through my skin. Kind of like my body is trying to forcibly reject it. It makes me scared to have an orgasm. Certain positions = less pain. Missionary for instance has me in the most pain. My girlfriend gets upset she’s even hurting me. I tell her it’s not her.

I went to the doctor; a urologist. He did an urinalysis and a physical exam. He said the gland didn’t feel out of the ordinary but diagnosed me with Prostatitis. He gave me two weeks of Bactrim and no results. I went to the lab they said no infections at all. I then went to the clinic and had all STDs ruled out.

Now what? Is this non bacterial Prostatitis? Are these the symptoms other people feel? I don’t remember what it’s like to have a pain free orgasm. Do I tense up? Do I let it go?

Another thing. I don’t have health insurance so I’m kinda at a standstill. I don’t know where to turn. What to do. Who to speak to. What is the logical next step?

I still have occasional discharge, urethra burning and pain (almost as if soap got in there), urinary problems and sex pain.

I am currently trying to cut out all gluten since I believe I have a sensitivity to it, am trying to cut out caffeine but it’s hard (I was told it’s one of the biggest inflammatory things) and have stopped using my “toy”. Is there Something else this can be or am I pretty much describing symptoms to a T??

It’s becoming depressing. And now I’m reading stories how stress, anxiety, depression, diet etc can all make symptoms return. Seems like a never ending cycle now and I don’t want to feel this anymore.

Thank you all.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:37 am

Post Re: New Here-Am Confused & No Clue What To Do
Soups, it sounds like many of your symptoms are classic prostate issues. They come in a variety of packages depending on the person. The fact you were engaging in prostate play beforehand makes it likely. Unfortunately there is no one answer that applies to everyone. If you read a bit here you’ll come across all sorts of treatment options. So I know it’s confusing but there’s a hundred different things you can try but there is no one thing that anyone can guarantee will fix it. Briefly caffeine is a trigger. It doesn’t make it worse, but it can be like adding gas to a flame. It’s going to likely make the symptoms worse, and yes caffeine withdrawal is hell for a couple of weeks if you consume it regularly. Expect headaches and mood changes if you’re a heavy coffee drinker. My advice is to read here, try to ask specific questions and you’ll get answers. Welcome to the club no one wants to be in.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:00 pm

Hi Soups,

I've experienced a number of the same problems. Frequent urination, dull aching perineum, burning during and after urination, and spasms. The spasms I get mostly occur when I'm laying down, and particularly on one of my sides or on my belly. It feels like an intense pull of my perineum, almost like it's being pulled by adjacent muscles, and it often hurts. One of the things I do to relax is lay on my back with my knees raised up by a pillow(s) or other cushioning object. They do this where I go for physical therapy and advised me to do it at home. I also have used ice or a heating pad for 20-30 minutes at least. Sometimes a heating pad on my back works as effectively as sitting on it. I think it is essential to understand that some pain is referred, rather than a pain that starts only at the point in question. Have you ever applied for Medicaid? Do you take non-prescription medicine?

Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:37 pm

maybe get prostate fluid and semen study?

I feel your pain, many of us do. I'm still searching for the cause of the lump of burning coal in my pelvic area.

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:38 pm

Race I feel your pain. I knew it was coming on again but it went back and forth for a few weeks. Then after 2 relatively peaceful days I bought a iced coffee drink at Starbucks this afternoon. I literally took 2 drinks of it. Stopped at a different place and bought a iced tea. Again had 2 drinks. A hour later it was like someone set a match to my prostate. After 20 + years of off and on bouts you would think I would have learned something but sometimes it’s nice to try to live like a normal person, even when you know it’s probably not a wise decision.

Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I've been on coffee again for a while, maybe I should stop

Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]